Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

20 hours ago, Mommar said:

The think it was $2000 or something.

20 hours ago, Lolicon said:

About 2 grand.

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

From old decscription:

Yamato 1/2000 Complete Transformation Macross SDf-1 Prototype Model Kit (Heavy Duty Polyurethane Ver.) - Resin Kit.
Date release: Late Dec. 2009
Regular Price: Y210,000.
Yamato Web Shop Limited Release.

Ouch. I guess I won't be getting this either if they ever re-release.

6 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Well I'm a bit in a dilemma now. I really want the premium edition but since these releases seem to be rather limited compared to the regular version I think I need to preorder one that I can cancel if the preorder for the premium one comes up before the release date.

If the premium edition will be available after the release I have to make some tough choices. Maybe the preorder for the regular SDF-1 doesn't sell out so I can make sure to pick one up if I don't get the premium one. 

:(

With dilemma like that, I'm pretty sure you already know which store to order the regular one, right? :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Ouch. I guess I won't be getting this either if they ever re-release.

Don't worry. You're not alone on this. ;)

7 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

With dilemma like that, I'm pretty sure you already know which store to order the regular one, right? :rolleyes:

Don't worry. You're not alone on this. ;)

amiami, ny or ae. ^_^

9 minutes ago, Macrossmerrell said:

I hate to miss this preorder, but I really want a premium finish version...

Me too; I'm going to hold out for the premium finish.

If HLJ has the regular version for a reasonable price I may grab a PO there since they don't give you a hard time for cancellations. 

I don't know why Arcadia doesn't offer the two versions at the same time. So you could order them like video games on Amazon where you can select the premium, standard or digital only version before checkout.

This way everyone would get what he wants and Arcadia can maximize profits because more people would be ordering the premium edition because it doesn't sell out so fast like you have it with the limited quantities of the past PE releases.

Or does Arcadia speculates on us customers buying two versions?

1 minute ago, Scyla said:

I don't know why Arcadia doesn't offer the two versions at the same time. So you could order them like video games on Amazon where you can select the premium, standard or digital only version before checkout.

This way everyone would get what he wants and Arcadia can maximize profits because more people would be ordering the premium edition because it doesn't sell out so fast like you have it with the limited quantities of the past PE releases.

Yeah, this one is weird.  They have offered the premium versions at the same time before.  

I want my SDF-1 with panel lines!  LOL :)

3 minutes ago, Scyla said:

Macross collectors always buy all versions in multiples right?;):lol:

42 minutes ago, Scyla said:

amiami, ny or ae. ^_^

Nope. I'm referring to the store mentioned here. ;)

18 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Me too; I'm going to hold out for the premium finish.

If HLJ has the regular version for a reasonable price I may grab a PO there since they don't give you a hard time for cancellations. 

^ This is what I'm going to do just to have a peace of mind. ^_^ 

17 minutes ago, Scyla said:

From what we've read so far, Arcadia mentioned that they're offering both preorders the same day. Not sure why the Premium Finish one is not online yet. Let's just wait for a couple more days. There's no reason to panic for Arcadia releases. They're not Bandai after all. ;)

So, Premium Finish just has a wash to accent panel lines, paint dots that glow in the dark or with black/UV Light, maybe some post shade, some colored lines on the surface, sounds like a simple extra painting, wich I can do way better.

I PO the standard SDF-1, I'll so repainting and detailing it when this is in my hands, my scale models page needs a photo shoot of it.

I'm sure a modeler could do a better paint/detail job but I don't have the time for that mess haha

Maybe when I retire or my figs start to yellow I'll weather them etc.

Hopefully that won't be for a long time though. Where's that premium PO!?!

5 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I'm sure a modeler could do a better paint/detail job but I don't have the time for that mess haha

Maybe when I retire or my figs start to yellow I'll weather them etc.

Hopefully that won't be for a long time though. Where's that premium PO!?!

Keep this link for inspiration. :wub: 

44_AttackModeG.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Keep this link for inspiration. :wub: 

44_AttackModeG.jpg

That looks amazing! And it also looks like days and weeks of time and skill I don't have to dedicate to it. Maybe I'll end up buying both versions, opening and enjoying the PE and have the other to customize one day.

1 minute ago, Saburo said:

After the excitement of seeing the POs open for the SDF-1 regular version.  I went back and processed a picture of the Yamato release.

Sorry this SDF-1 is right out the box and is plain compared to kyekye and MacrossJunkies custom SDF-1s.

36360134905_6b71ad652c_h.jpg

It still looks real good and I would expect it to be plain compared with customs that have countless hours of extra work behind them. Has it been mentioned how long it took to achieve those looks?

Seriously, kyekyes isn't fair to compare at all.  It took him months.  His application of aztecing alone was beyond meticulous and he went the extra step of drilling holes into the thing and using metal wire to create additional antennae across parts of the ship, etc.  The entire antenna array on the head was cut off and replaced with a metal mesh he created himself.  And the rings in the chest are metal, he replaced the plastic with some bits of button or something like that which is why they have a sort of brass color. Plus the thrusters on the feet too.  NOBODY could mass produce what kyekye did.

Edited by Mommar

is up for Preorder at amiami right now,  I would definitely grab one but this time is too much for me :( and besides, this month will get my normal Arcadia Miria, next month will try  and get DX Macross Farina Valk, then the Fenrir 2.0, and who knows what else. :o

I'm still so damn excited I fetch a preorder yesterday for a Masterpiece Megatron, it will go awesome with the other preorder MP10 Black Optimus prime  later this year.  :D

Edited by Alex GS

As much as I'm looking forward to the Premium edition, I know that as soon as it arrives on my doorstep, Bandai's going to announce its superbig joy-bringing DX version, because Bandai. 

As far as Macross items, I really only need the SDF-1 and DX valk that Bandai teased a while back. Won't need anything else.