Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

Price is do-able, doesn't seem as inflated as some of the valkyrie releases. 

What are the odds of a premium version of this?  I just saw that M&M had a premium announcement, but the valks have stickers that easily translate into more tampo.  I don't think there is such an easy precedent set for the sdf-1.  I'd hate to get locked into this, and then have a premium announcement, though.

4 minutes ago, Astralith said:

Anyone care to explain what that is in the background (upper right). Is this going to glow in UV or something, or is that just promotional fluff?

I think those are the glow-in-the-dark stickers that jenius mentioned. Perhaps they are included? 

10 hours ago, Sildani said:

What are the glow-in-the-dark stickers supposed to represent?

It makes it look like the lights are on in a dark cabinet. 

The Yamato box was awful. If nothing else, I hope Arcadia finds a better way of dealing with the box. 

21 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

It is not funny that there is always two versions. Why can't they charge more and make it standard

Because they're charging more and making it optional? As long as they make it known before hand that there will be two versions, I don't see the down side.

31 minutes ago, abbadon said:

The placard suggests that the model displayed here is the planned premium finish version of the SDF-1. Did the original Yamato release have the paint applications displayed here? I see lots of little red details I don't remember from the Yamato version.

It also looks like they've darkened the panel lines.

Edited by chaff.g

I've been out of Macross collecting for a while, so the Premium Finish thing is news to me. Has the added Tampo detailing on the "Premiums" been clean and sturdy on the valks? Also, are we all going to have the privilege of paying, what--an extra $100 or so--for this? 

16 minutes ago, gingaio said:

I've been out of Macross collecting for a while, so the Premium Finish thing is news to me. Has the added Tampo detailing on the "Premiums" been clean and sturdy on the valks? Also, are we all going to have the privilege of paying, what--an extra $100 or so--for this? 

the price difference in SRP is small but in reality, yes it can go for an extra 100 or even more in the case of SDF. This is due to the Premium version being a web exclusive, so it means the ff:

1. No Discount

2. Japanese Tax must be paid

3. You have to pay middlemen for their effort to get it for you (since it is available to Japanese resident)

4. Domestic shipping (from Arcadia to Registered Japan address)

(this is also the same reason why anything web-exclusive is more expensive than regular release, like Bandai's P-Bandai)

As for the durability, I saw some post in other thread it rubbing off if scratched by a hard object or in that case, the tabs in the intake rubbing the tampo on the nosecone of VF-1

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

It is not funny that there is always two versions. Why can't they charge more and make it standard

Don't kill the chance for those has less moolah.... be kind sir... 

But looking at those details... really tempting to buy the premium one.... 

Hope no heart attack on pre-ordering... LOL

Edited by erizai

12 minutes ago, erizai said:

Don't kill the chance for those has less moolah.... be kind sir... 

I just want to clear things up. For VF-1, in terms of SRP, the difference is only 4000 yen (21800 to 25800 yen). But due to it being a web exclusive, price ending up north of 28000 yen.

Now if they made it standard release to begin with, the SRP of 25800 for VF-1 will also be subject to retailer discount. I am saying charge more but not 100 dollars more. Why not just make it standard and increase the SRP a little bit.

12 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

I just want to clear things up. For VF-1, in terms of SRP, the difference is only 4000 yen (21800 to 25800 yen). But due to it being a web exclusive, price ending up north of 28000 yen.

Now if they made it standard release to begin with, the SRP of 25800 for VF-1 will also be subject to retailer discount. I am saying charge more but not 100 dollars more. Why not just make it standard and increase the SRP a little bit.

That makes sense. And thanks for the info. One last question...where do you guys typically order the Web exclusives? HLJ, Nippon Yasan, AmiAmi, others? 

Edited by gingaio