Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

On 7/12/2017 at 11:19 PM, mechaninac said:

I'm likely in for one of these reissues.  The first time around the price of Yamato's SDF-1 grossly violated what I considered to be a price I could justify for such a frivolous expense as a toy, no matter how nice; I just couldn't bring myself to buy one for such an exorbitant amount... a "bridge too far" as it were.  That, and I had recently gotten a WHAM movie color edition which I figured, at the time, was more that good enough.  Fast forward to today, having spent that kind of scratch on stuff like Megahouse's High Spec Orguss and Olson Special, and some high end die cast cars over the intervening years, has shifted my threshold to where Arcadia's Macross may be doable... if they price it within reason (no more that 15% ~ ¥5000 over Yamato's MSRP).

Isn't it amazing how these companies, and the niche nature of this hobby of ours, have slowly desensitized us to the insane prices they charge, and we're willing to pay, for these lumps of plastic and cheap metal?

Great point. In a time when I just paid $200+ for a Skyfire (Fans Toys Phoenix) and am about to pay $350 for an FT Omega Supreme, and having paid what I paid for SOC Voltron...yeah, the original pricing for the Yamato SDF-1 seems almost quaint. 

On 7/21/2017 at 10:29 PM, sumyumgoy said:

You deserve it!

You should too .... :lol:

So where is the PO button?

On 7/22/2017 at 3:18 AM, QEssential said:

Should we wait for the premium version?

Wow... high end taste...

On 7/22/2017 at 0:23 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

Ouch my wallet :lol:

hope Arcadia price it sensibly ... world wide economy is not doing well... so careful... (if Arcadia can hear us)

13 hours ago, erizai said:

hope Arcadia price it sensibly ... world wide economy is not doing well... so careful... (if Arcadia can hear us)

Yeah, the more I think about this thing (and re-read/watch reviews) the less enamored with it I become.

I still want it, but it is a pretty "sit there and do nothing" kind of piece.  I really hope they don't price this thing beyond what my interest is.  I'm excited, but I can't do like $600 USD for much of any toy, especially something that is so basic in a lot of ways.

20 minutes ago, neko878 said:

I wonder when the pre orders are going up?  I missed this one the first time around.

Did the Yamato version come with a stand?

Yes, the Yamato version came with a stand. Without one, it would be especially hard to display properly in cruiser mode.

56 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Yes, the Yamato version came with a stand. Without one, it would be especially hard to display properly in cruiser mode.

Thanks for the info! I hope Arcadia comes with the stand too!

5 minutes ago, gingaio said:

For those who have the original Yamato version, is it possible to remove the ARMDs once you get them on? I heard it's really tough to get them on in the first place. 

Yes you can remove them. Once you realize how they connect, you can take them off and on pretty easy

13 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I've seen some eBay sellers unloading off their SDF-1 for $2000. 6 months ago it just sells around $700-800. Knowing that it will get re-release soon, how come prices are going up? :unknw:

16 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, the more I think about this thing (and re-read/watch reviews) the less enamored with it I become.

I still want it, but it is a pretty "sit there and do nothing" kind of piece.  I really hope they don't price this thing beyond what my interest is.  I'm excited, but I can't do like $600 USD for much of any toy, especially something that is so basic in a lot of ways.

I'm hemming and hawing about this too. I want one because it looks nice and I don't have a scale SDF-1 figure. 

At the same time looking at the anymoon review makes me want to pickup a macross quarter instead; even though it's supposed to be a bit of a floppy mess it just looks way more dynamic and fun to play with; not that I do much with these once they're in the display case :lol:

Curious what the list price will be. 

21 hours ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Yes you can remove them. Once you realize how they connect, you can take them off and on pretty easy

Cool, thanks. 

The only reviews I've read/watched showed excessive amounts of force (connecting one side and then snapping in the other), so I'll be curious to see how it's done correctly.