Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

22 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

The Yamato release was close to $400 with shipping wasn't it?  I can't remember for sure.  I do remember it was the most expensive thing Yamato  did I believe, other than the 1/60 Regult kit thing and the 1/2000 SDF-1.  I think this will be an exact re-release with no extra anything with perhaps a different box and be somewhere north of $400 USD before shipping.:ph34r:

I've paid $380 including shipping cost back on those days. It was something like $ 320 + shipping. Shipping is always high for me, because I'm from Argentina.

As much as I would prefer an SDFM version this is better than nothing. Will definitely get it, depending on price, as I missed out the first time. While the chances are probably zero that an SDFM version is ever made maybe, just maybe, Arcadia will make one if this sells well enough.

Really? 

Arcadia once again you disappoint me

I understand they have to take advantage of all molds that acquired to yamato but I want at least new schemes (Minmay guard, Blue rose, lowvis, woodland, etc) and if we talking of the SDF we need  the tv version:angry:

1307559619452.jpg

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

But how I wish they don't rush it and announce the release date soon. Or we're gonna get broke. Hahaha! :lol: After SV-51y will be fine. And based on their production and release timetable, we will hopefully see this SDF-1 like in 2 years(?). :rolleyes:

Totally agree!!! I could use some time to recover, well my wallet needs some time to recover:D

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Maybe they'll include the battle damage parts or the glow in the dark stickers. 

don't forget about the etching parts too.  Those 3 were what made the Unpainted Kit extra special.

maybe they can reissue the Unpainted Kit too.  It was like half the price last time around.

Not looking forward for the amount of funds this will draw from my toy budget but I'd rather give Arcadia my money instead of paying the aftermarket prices for the Yamato version. 

I'm super excited for this and wonder if and how much will be different. If I remember correctly the Yamato version came with turrets on sprues that needed to be cut out and installed. Maybe with this version they already come installed... but I doubt it. ^_^

4 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Not to derail the thread, but, what is that thing?  And are those weird colors the only colors that it will be available in?

It's Kitz Concept take on 1/2000 scaled Robotech SDF-1.

2 hours ago, valhary said:

Really? 

Arcadia once again you disappoint me

I understand they have to take advantage of all molds that acquired to yamato but I want at least new schemes (Minmay guard, Blue rose, lowvis, woodland, etc) and if we talking of the SDF we need  the tv version:angry:

How about not tweaking the mold of their SDF-1, but instead they will give us the Midnight Smoke Clear version in that scale. Would look probably nice with UV lamps. ^_^

F6jsF5t.png

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Totally agree!!! I could use some time to recover, well my wallet needs some time to recover:D

Sir... We need to work hard in order for our wallet to recover. We, on the other hand don't have the luxury to recover. Hahaha! :lol:

I tell you what.

Six months after Arcadia's re-release of their 1/3k SDF-1 DYRL version, they will come up with a Premium version (fancy LEDs and stuff) of it and call it

wait for it,

SDF-1 Macross Plus edition.

Wallet obliteration complete...

:bump:

1 hour ago, treatment said:

SDF-1 Macross Plus edition.

Wallet obliteration complete...

And it probably comes with Sharon Apple clear acrylic background display for the LED lights to shine through. 

30 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Macross the First edition would be easy enough for Arcadia to do.....then release MtF VF-1J and VF-1D....and just like that I'd be pre-ordering Arcadia's again...

Ditto on the MtF VF-1J and VF-1D. ^_^

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I wonder if they'd consider releasing the kit version again.  I get more enjoyment out of building things than just displaying them anyway, and it might help dial back the price a little.

I want a kit more than complete toy, because i'm poor guy and i love build too

Happy to hear this is getting reissued

I have a second hand Yammie that came with no stand to support.

I will get this reissue, Hope it gets priced similar to what they did with the VF-4G

Why are most people complaining? In the polls aftet the M&M this was the most desires reissue

I'm likely in for one of these reissues.  The first time around the price of Yamato's SDF-1 grossly violated what I considered to be a price I could justify for such a frivolous expense as a toy, no matter how nice; I just couldn't bring myself to buy one for such an exorbitant amount... a "bridge too far" as it were.  That, and I had recently gotten a WHAM movie color edition which I figured, at the time, was more that good enough.  Fast forward to today, having spent that kind of scratch on stuff like Megahouse's High Spec Orguss and Olson Special, and some high end die cast cars over the intervening years, has shifted my threshold to where Arcadia's Macross may be doable... if they price it within reason (no more that 15% ~ ¥5000 over Yamato's MSRP).

Isn't it amazing how these companies, and the niche nature of this hobby of ours, have slowly desensitized us to the insane prices they charge, and we're willing to pay, for these lumps of plastic and cheap metal?

1 hour ago, Valkyrie addict said:

Happy to hear this is getting reissued

I have a second hand Yammie that came with no stand to support.

I will get this reissue, Hope it gets priced similar to what they did with the VF-4G

Why are most people complaining? In the polls aftet the M&M this was the most desires reissue

You do know that this is MacrossWorld, right? :rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

I'm likely in for one of these reissues.  The first time around the price of Yamato's SDF-1 grossly violated what I considered to be a price I could justify for such a frivolous expense as a toy, no matter how nice; I just couldn't bring myself to buy one for such an exorbitant amount... a "bridge too far" as it were.  That, and I had recently gotten a WHAM movie color edition which I figured, at the time, was more that good enough.  Fast forward to today, having spent that kind of scratch on stuff like Megahouse's High Spec Orguss and Olson Special, and some high end die cast cars over the intervening years, has shifted my threshold to where Arcadia's Macross may be doable... if they price it within reason (no more that 15% ~ ¥5000 over Yamato's MSRP).

Isn't it amazing how these companies, and the niche nature of this hobby of ours, have slowly desensitized us to the insane prices they charge, and we're willing to pay, for these lumps of plastic and cheap metal?

I concur. ^_^

2 hours ago, mechaninac said:

Haha, yeah...Years ago, there weren't many toys that were more than $100 and if I was going to spend that much on a single toy, it was a big deal and I had to have an extreme desire for it. Even then, I passed on many items I wish I hadn't. Now, I spend three times more than that without even blinking on items I barely even care about...just to have it to add to the collection. I need to take a step back and reevaluate this situation. But one thing's for sure, I'm in on this SDF-1 because I need it! 

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And it probably comes with Sharon Apple clear acrylic background display for the LED lights to shine through. 

Press a button and it'll play A Sai En. 

Chronocidal: should that happen, you can build mine as well! :D

On 7/12/2017 at 10:59 AM, no3Ljm said:

Don't fret. We still have this upcoming one...

bkn-20161215214306769-1215_00982_001_03b.jpg

:ph34r:

Jetlagged and still check MWF. Yes! A true Macross fan!  :good: 

I totally agree with you, Ignacio! ;)

But how I wish they don't rush it and announce the release date soon. Or we're gonna get broke. Hahaha! :lol: After SV-51y will be fine. And based on their production and release timetable, we will hopefully see this SDF-1 like in 2 years(?). :rolleyes:

WHAT 

IS 

THIS?

21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

The question is why did they choose those colors?

Good question. That prototype really is hideous. Thankfully, they've said that both the sculpt and color choices will be revised for the final release. I hope it will at least be decent in the end.

4 minutes ago, Lorindor said:

Good question. That prototype really is hideous. Thankfully, they've said that both the sculpt and color choices will be revised for the final release. I hope it will at least be decent in the end.

if they want anyone to consider buying it they would be well-advised to go with canon paint scheme....

...as for sculpt, I doubt Hasegawa will re-release a corrected TV SDF-1 so Kidzconcept can upscale it! :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

if they want anyone to consider buying it they would be well-advised to go with canon paint scheme....

...as for sculpt, I doubt Hasegawa will re-release a corrected TV SDF-1 so Kidzconcept can upscale it! :rolleyes:

Ha! I doubt that. This one will probably sell if they remove 'them-who-must-not-be-named' on the label. Instant buy for me just for having those planned gimmicks. :rolleyes:

I guess, that's the reason why Kitz Concept hasn't displayed yet their Storm Attacker type. It's because Hasegawa hasn't produced their TV SDF-1 Storm Attacker mode kit. There's nothing to upscale. :lol: