Arcadia SDF-1 Movie version 1/3000 reissue

Darotower

Google translate:

At the Arcadia booth in this summer WF 2017, there are plenty of macross related items! Progress of "I / 60 perfect deformation VF-1 J Super Valkyrie Miria" F "journal boarding machine" just before release, progress of planning "1/60 perfect deformation SV-51 Y (tentative name)", and long- SDF - 1 Macross "will be on display. And from the AA alloy series we will exhibit the latest sample of "AA alloy Mazinkaiser" and other color variations The visuals lining up all together are spectacular, so please have a look! Furthermore, from "MegaZone 23", I am planning to display the test shots of "I / 24 Die Cast Model Garland" and the Deco masses of "124 Die Cast Model Proto Garland"! Of course, items from "Popular" 3D Lab, "Swords" will also be displayed! Please come and visit Arcadia booth!

19961293_10212297516926292_7687037334283033677_n.jpg

This is good news for those who still need the SDF-1 but don't want to pay the crazy 800k+ secondary market prices.

The yen exchange rate is also way better today than it was in 2010 so the price increase might not be bad at all. In fact, I paid less for the Arcadia VF-4 reissue than I did for the original Yamato release. 

Of course I got my SDF-1 for 18000 yen way back when and I doubt I'll do better this time around. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, UN Spacy said:

YAWN.

This better lead to a tv version.

Maybe Arcadia's trying out the old mould to see if their current factories can at least successfully reproduce their old SDF-1 DYRL design.  Then afterwards, they (hopefully) produce their SDF-1 TV mould.

If they actually have one in the works and the license to produce it, that is.

Meanwhile, most of us will just have to still put up with the current tiny cfs SDF-1 TV for now...

http://imgur.com/3TihboH

3TihboHl.jpg

:pardon:

:bump:

Edited by treatment

I'll probably skip this since I have the Yamato version.  

Other than the SV-51, I hope Arcadia has more new products coming because I'm sure there are quite a few of us who don't any of these reissues.

Easy pass for me as I have the Yamato version, detailed up with PE parts and customized with lots of other goodies, but I will say that if the price is...reasonable...you guys that missed out the first time around should definitely get it, even if you aren't a huge DYRL fan.  It is an awesome piece to have! 

The 

36 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I'll probably skip this since I have the Yamato version.  

Other than the SV-51, I hope Arcadia has more new products coming because I'm sure there are quite a few of us who don't any of these reissues.

The SV-51 isn't a reissue, it's supposed to be a new mold like the VF0s.

I think it only means that if you were hoping for some reason Bandai would scale theirs down to 1/3000 then that is definitely not going to happen. I would say the odds on the Bandai version still favor "vaporware" above anything else.

6 hours ago, treatment said:

Meanwhile, most of us will just have to still put up with the current tiny cfs SDF-1 TV for now...

3TihboHl.jpg

Don't fret. We still have this upcoming one...

bkn-20161215214306769-1215_00982_001_03b.jpg

:ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, it seems like you did. Sorry, I'm on no sleep and jet lagged working a conference on the other side of the world right now, lol.

Jetlagged and still check MWF. Yes! A true Macross fan!  :good: 

4 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Best news ever!!!!

I totally agree with you, Ignacio! ;)

But how I wish they don't rush it and announce the release date soon. Or we're gonna get broke. Hahaha! :lol: After SV-51y will be fine. And based on their production and release timetable, we will hopefully see this SDF-1 like in 2 years(?). :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Only intetested in a premium finish version.....the regular version is extremely lacking in tampo detail...

Jeebus a premium finish version would probably cost like $400 :blink:

Well, we've been expecting it, and it looks like it is finally happening.  My body is ready, is my wallet?

This is almost a definite pre-order for me.  I wonder if it will be an exact re-issue, or if they are thinking about adding some more paint to the thing, as it certainly could use it.

Hopefully they'll add more painted detail and keep it under $600 USD.

The Yamato release was close to $400 with shipping wasn't it?  I can't remember for sure.  I do remember it was the most expensive thing Yamato  did I believe, other than the 1/60 Regult kit thing and the 1/2000 SDF-1.  I think this will be an exact re-release with no extra anything with perhaps a different box and be somewhere north of $400 USD before shipping.:ph34r:

I wouldn't be surprised if Arcadia offers a premium release SDF-1. It would actually make sense this time. Whatever the case, though, I'm in. I only have the MegaHouse mini in my collection right now, and would be happy to pick this up without having to pay the scalper tax.

52 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Don't fret. We still have this upcoming one...

bkn-20161215214306769-1215_00982_001_03b.jpg

Is that supposed to be the SDF-1 or a blinged out version of the Battle 7? :p