Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm baaaaack! 

And this time I plan to reissue the King Crab (Gosu doppleganger) kit, with your help. This is the biggest and most elaborate of all the Inbit kits in my line, a true King Crab! :) Just as with the original, it will have a translucent eye and canopy part as well as a detailed cockpit ready to accept aftermarket pilot figues (not included this time). Just like the Pinky, the kit is free-pose.

Price would be $300 CAD (about $233 US)+ shipping with up-front payment required and I'd need a minimum of 10 orders to get the ball rolling on the project.

Shipping prices are as follows:

-$26 CAD per kit shipped in Canada or the US

-$48 CAD per kit shipped internationally.

Any takers?

post-632-0-06968100-1411084270_thumb.jpg

king crab poster.jpg

post-632-0-66723100-1411084238_thumb.jpg

DSCF5166.JPG

Edited by captain america
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....as much as I really wanted to own a 2nd one of these bad boys and do the sister's pink/purple paint scheme, due to the moving in of the fiance/getting her a new car/summer vacation trip bills, I just can't swing it this time around sadly. Sorry Cap!  However I will tell everyone that can swing it to get one of these! It has awesome shelf presence once built and on display! 

 

Free pics to help with the sales! :-) 

20150530_150728.jpg

20150530_150752.jpg

20150530_150808.jpg

20150530_150655.jpg

Edited by derex3592
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Well....as much as I really wanted to own a 2nd one of these bad boys and do the sister's pink/purple paint scheme, due to the moving in of the fiance/getting her a new car/summer vacation trip bills, I just can't swing it this time around sadly. Sorry Cap!  However I will tell everyone that can swing it to get one of these! It has awesome shelf presence once built and on display! 

 

Free pics to help with the sales! :-) 

20150530_150728.jpg

20150530_150752.jpg

20150530_150808.jpg

20150530_150655.jpg

Pity, I was looking forward to seeing your posted pics of that version. :( 

:DThat Gosu looks awesome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minimum order threshold achieved: the King Crab will rise again!! :lol:

I'll open the payment window next week when I begin mold-prep. It's the vacation season so I'll take things slower this time around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Monday to all!

I'm letting everyone know that I'm officially kicking-off the King Crab project, and have begun some preliminary mold-prep. Just as for the Pinky, you can now send payment. The fees are listed in the first post as always and if you have any questions, you can PM me! :)

P.S.: it may not show in the pic, but I have a fair bit done already.

IMG_0559.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As my Pinky Space Crab nears completion, I look forward to tackling a King Crab... or two, actually (if the order window stays open a few more weeks)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2017 at 1:00 AM, tekering said:

As my Pinky Space Crab nears completion, I look forward to tackling a King Crab... or two, actually (if the order window stays open a few more weeks)!

Hi Ted, that shouldn't be an issue. The more the merrier. ^_^

Tuesday morning update: molds are almost done, I have one final mold to pour (total of 7.) I had to start one mold over because it wasn't to my satisfaction. First kits will be casting Thursday afternoon/Friday morning.

IMG_0567.JPG

IMG_0568.JPG

IMG_0571.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the update, sir.  What color will the parts be cast in this time?

By the way, I saw a similar 1:48 Gosu garage kit for sale at Wonder Festival 2017 last month:

DF4wuHuUQAIpZmE.jpg

It's a little smaller, significantly cheaper, but clearly much lower quality than yours, Cap'n.  <_<

Of course, had yours not been available, I'd have probably bought one of these... but it would've taken a lot more effort to make it acceptable for display in my collection!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tekering said:

Appreciate the update, sir.  What color will the parts be cast in this time?

By the way, I saw a similar 1:48 Gosu garage kit for sale at Wonder Festival 2017 last month:

DF4wuHuUQAIpZmE.jpg

It's a little smaller, significantly cheaper, but clearly much lower quality than yours, Cap'n.  <_<

Of course, had yours not been available, I'd have probably bought one of these... but it would've taken a lot more effort to make it acceptable for display in my collection!

Let's just say that this next batch of resin will be very peachy indeed! :p

Is it possible that this Wonderfest kit was released previously? I seem to recall seeing low-res images of a Gosu with very similar proportions a few years back when I was hunting for reference images.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohhhh deeaaar....swing and a miss on that kit...LOL.  I applaud them for trying, but uhhh...no, Cap's mold ALL the way over that..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah Caps version beats that by quite a margin IMHO. I do like the idea of figures to go with it though (but better done than in that pic....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Solugi figures to go with the Gosu is a great idea.  It does have the cockpit after all. Maybe  EXO could do some at some point, like he did for the Glaug?

Edited by Podtastic
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I eagerly anticipate this build, I've been going through the Blu-rays and preparing color references for painting:

Sorji.jpg.b2f12d81984a3a1af630a06d9f40143f.jpg

Sorji's Gosu is heavily favored in earlier episodes, so I'll be doing a Queen Crab first.  ^_^

Sorji2.jpg.ad143f4c7b37c56265c13787386fa7a5.jpg

Since there's not much else available online, I'm sure some of you will find these images useful.

Sorji5.jpg.ad1615adffe8cba6fc8c2b3b4afc1c4a.jpg

Sorji3.jpg.b2554917ee77f456f2ce4e6ed9f3fbde.jpg

Sorji4.jpg.a85dbcab96f33903bd0746f98a4d819d.jpg

Sorji6.jpg.6c1c465eaede0ec4f8ec6b3563fc5ca5.jpg

Sorji10.jpg.a99d944b816488dfb1f7135686a20717.jpg

Sorji8.jpg.5e5a1da2df28e91687b818553d309bed.jpg

Sorji9.jpg.350f418e10358e6f994f3e06cad1ba55.jpg

Sorji7.jpg.161f83bd8c41a283591bb7557f7fb9fd.jpg

While capturing these images, I caught a glimpse of superhuman agility:

598766bdc6e2e_superhumanSorji.jpg.28a6bbef2cae5ec8f36e60e645b29400.jpg

She leaps nearly five meters in the air to reach the pilot's seat!  :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a reasonable case can be made to say that the overall body color is similar (if not identical) to the Gurab when viewed side-by-side. I'm also wondering if the tan parts (shoulders, fingers, etc.) wouldn't look neat as a sort of champagne-colored alloy.

Edited by captain america

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, captain america said:

the overall body color is similar (if not identical) to the Gurab

Yes, I came to the same conclusion.  It looks like the animators used the same paint for both... so I intend to do the same.  ^_^

5 hours ago, captain america said:

I'm also wondering if the tan parts (shoulders, fingers, etc.) wouldn't look neat as a sort of champagne-colored alloy.

I'm planning to use 1:6th scale doll parts for the ball-jointed shoulders and elbows, and hopefully I can find a close color match to avoid having to paint them.

The other tan parts will be painted to match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tekering said:

As I eagerly anticipate this build, I've been going through the Blu-rays and preparing color references for painting:

Sorji.jpg.b2f12d81984a3a1af630a06d9f40143f.jpg

Sorji's Gosu is heavily favored in earlier episodes, so I'll be doing a Queen Crab first.  ^_^

Sorji2.jpg.ad143f4c7b37c56265c13787386fa7a5.jpg

Since there's not much else available online, I'm sure some of you will find these images useful.

Sorji5.jpg.ad1615adffe8cba6fc8c2b3b4afc1c4a.jpg

Sorji3.jpg.b2554917ee77f456f2ce4e6ed9f3fbde.jpg

Sorji4.jpg.a85dbcab96f33903bd0746f98a4d819d.jpg

Sorji6.jpg.6c1c465eaede0ec4f8ec6b3563fc5ca5.jpg

Sorji10.jpg.a99d944b816488dfb1f7135686a20717.jpg

Sorji8.jpg.5e5a1da2df28e91687b818553d309bed.jpg

Sorji9.jpg.350f418e10358e6f994f3e06cad1ba55.jpg

Sorji7.jpg.161f83bd8c41a283591bb7557f7fb9fd.jpg

While capturing these images, I caught a glimpse of superhuman agility:

598766bdc6e2e_superhumanSorji.jpg.28a6bbef2cae5ec8f36e60e645b29400.jpg

She leaps nearly five meters in the air to reach the pilot's seat!  :blink:

Looking forward to seeing that Queen Crab build.:D

As for that agility I guess hth with one of these pilots might be a bad idea for a mere human.:o

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So... Castings are looking excellent. I've taken a bit of a head-start on the kits and everything is proceeding smoothly. There may be a few pin holes needing to be filled on some parts due to the unusually humid weather. The good part is that the holes are easily visible and easy to patch.

IMG_0580.JPG

IMG_0581.JPG

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dremel is ready.  B))

19 hours ago, Podtastic said:

As for that agility I guess hth with one of these pilots might be a bad idea for a mere human.:o

Actually, the humans are even more impressive:

unassisted.thumb.jpg.719d8d39ae705f4e2a97bf0c104b34ac.jpg

Stig manages to leap from a stationary position on the ground...

Superman.thumb.jpg.e038a2d87f19e7d886f2637c7f461100.jpg

...after ditching the ride armor, even...!

apex.thumb.jpg.177d169e349ba534c379b5e6cda02fbb.jpg

...and actually lands perfectly in the open Legioss cockpit.

landing.thumb.jpg.3b83cc88da66524f46c62d3f94e4baf3.jpg

That's gotta be at least seven meters right there!  I guess he forgot gravity on Earth is nearly three times stronger than on Mars.

Come to think of it, a human born and raised on Mars wouldn't have the muscle mass to jump seven centimeters off the ground, much less seven meters...  :mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good thing I ordered more boxes, I'm gonna need 'em! :blink:

Kits will begin shipping early next week. I will post the destructions at that time: stay tuned!! 

IMG_0589.JPG

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/8/8 at 1:15 PM, tekering said:

That's gotta be at least seven meters right there!  I guess he forgot gravity on Earth is nearly three times stronger than on Mars.

Come to think of it, a human born and raised on Mars wouldn't have the muscle mass to jump seven centimeters off the ground, much less seven meters...  :mellow:

Yesterday, I pulled my copy of "Mospeada Complete Artworks" out, and while casually looking over the cover, it dawned on me that the battle armour under the transformed ride armour is itself a power suit.  It only shows up on the cover piece (what was recently made into a 3D version and revealed at Wonderfest (?) a few weeks back), but... it would explain why Stig is able to make that superhuman jump (in addition to explaining why they're able to walk around wearing the Ride Armour without their legs buckling under the weight! :lol: )

[yeah, I know it's not official.  But one can say that the cover is a modernized retcon to explain away those anime-leaps in the series]

If you're curious, I'm referring to the 'exposed' chest abdomen area on the cover (exposed in the sense that it's not covered by the Ride Armour).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, coronadlux said:

Any idea what's up next? Pinky space crab? 

No, that was last month.  I suspect the Garmo's getting reissued next.

8 hours ago, sketchley said:

the battle armour under the transformed ride armour is itself a power suit

As "fanon" ideas go, I like this one.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tekering said:

No, that was last month.  I suspect the Garmo's getting reissued next.

I'm probably confusing it to the smaller invid he made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, coronadlux said:

I'm probably confusing it to the smaller invid he made.

Yes, the Baby Crab.  I'm very eager for that one myself.  ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuedsay update: all paid/confirmed orders have shipped! You will soon have MOAR crabs! :p

Also, I have included the destructions which you may download at your leisure! 

king instructions 1.jpg

king instructions 2.jpg

king instructions 3.jpg

king instructions 4.jpg

king instructions 5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The postman's visit left me feeling pretty peachy today!  :D

599e51a281fcb_crabbparts.thumb.jpg.2db1aaf24901ef119a198f607f5bb4b9.jpg

I wish I could've afforded a third, but Arcadia's 1:3000 "Premium Finish" SDF-1 just set me back $500...  :vava:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tekering said:

The postman's visit left me feeling pretty peachy today!  :D

599e51a281fcb_crabbparts.thumb.jpg.2db1aaf24901ef119a198f607f5bb4b9.jpg

I wish I could've afforded a third, but Arcadia's 1:3000 "Premium Finish" SDF-1 just set me back $500...  :vava:

I'm pretty sure there are a few internal organs/fluids/body parts you could pawn if you really, REALLY wanted to, Ted. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to see your work on the King!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case it's of use to anyone else, here's the Gosu painting guide I've prepared (color-matched to the Blu-ray masters):

59a04c909d85c_KingCrabbspaintingguide.thumb.jpg.1abd4e0ad6bb4f8296824eb1c318613b.jpg

On 8/24/2017 at 11:21 PM, captain america said:

I'm pretty sure there are a few internal organs/fluids/body parts you could pawn if you really, REALLY wanted to, Ted. :rolleyes:

No, I've gotta keep those in reserve... for the Blueberry Space Crab.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×