Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I imagine that most of you have gotten your King Crabs by now. I just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that the next kit to be offered will be the Blueberry Crab (Gosu doppleganger) in September. Stay tuned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preliminary color check...

color_test.thumb.jpg.9862300e77957854241b2475cd289f7c.jpg

Not sure about the orange.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nailed it on the purple/pink. I agree, orange doesn't quite pop enough, looks a little to yellow.  Looking forward to seeing the next update! 

Edited by derex3592

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

nailed it on the purple/pink. I agree, orange doesn't quite pop enough, looks a little to yellow.  Looking forward to seeing the next update! 

Agreed, I think the orange needs a bit more red. Same for the pink, I think. I'm really, REALLY looking forward to see how these babies turn-out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the feedback, guys.  I think I've found a much more accurate orange now:

corrected_orange.thumb.jpg.8cb7c4230ebfea427ffc0cbc2fcbdf0c.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have more reference material to share, especially for those of you who ordered multiple sets.  You might be interested in making a mass-production unit, for instance:

mass-production.jpg.904263eaaf1880fb80d493d23da59b3d.jpg

...or perhaps even a Macross homage...?  :p

macross_homage.jpg.82f69ac4ab59eb7509a8724914d2d8c4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't have any progress to show for the next few weeks, I'm afraid.  The animatronic Yoda I'm working on has to be submitted by the end of the month to qualify for our annual modeling contest, and I don't have much time to devote to anything else...!  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2017 at 6:35 AM, tekering said:

I won't have any progress to show for the next few weeks, I'm afraid.  The animatronic Yoda I'm working on has to be submitted by the end of the month to qualify for our annual modeling contest, and I don't have much time to devote to anything else...!  :unsure:

Curious to see how it turned out. If not still WIP that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, my Invid projects have been temporarily shelved while I focus on displaying my collection for the local news media:

hallwaysouth.thumb.jpg.f18c3a03fbb92079dcd4d6bd0e4ead4c.jpg

animenorthwest.thumb.jpg.1086c2327cf622eb372e32ac38b8e142.jpg

starwarssouthwest.thumb.jpg.d83441e89608265d29cc6ad7beb3097c.jpg

animewest.thumb.jpg.db1eccaa88910f7e54f519009788ad4b.jpg

stairwellnorth.thumb.jpg.663298dd08427141219e096f60e3d7f6.jpg

entranceeast.thumb.jpg.8927220abdac5c2cf61d92a236488d8f.jpg

one-three-thousandth.thumb.jpg.f26e04397a757f406d0dcd6bd6299155.jpg

starwarseast.thumb.jpg.44923617b7e3cdd70d818d238ba84aa1.jpg

animesoutheast.thumb.jpg.4b88d3287c9910f30d10d3dce24b02fa.jpg

It's been a very time-consuming process, as you can well imagine.  :mellow:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..And this is your house or your business?

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tekering said:

Sorry, my Invid projects have been temporarily shelved while I focus on displaying my collection for the local news media:

hallwaysouth.thumb.jpg.f18c3a03fbb92079dcd4d6bd0e4ead4c.jpg

animenorthwest.thumb.jpg.1086c2327cf622eb372e32ac38b8e142.jpg

starwarssouthwest.thumb.jpg.d83441e89608265d29cc6ad7beb3097c.jpg

animewest.thumb.jpg.db1eccaa88910f7e54f519009788ad4b.jpg

stairwellnorth.thumb.jpg.663298dd08427141219e096f60e3d7f6.jpg

entranceeast.thumb.jpg.8927220abdac5c2cf61d92a236488d8f.jpg

one-three-thousandth.thumb.jpg.f26e04397a757f406d0dcd6bd6299155.jpg

starwarseast.thumb.jpg.44923617b7e3cdd70d818d238ba84aa1.jpg

animesoutheast.thumb.jpg.4b88d3287c9910f30d10d3dce24b02fa.jpg

It's been a very time-consuming process, as you can well imagine.  :mellow:

 

 

Fukking speechless, wow!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Insane collection. So this is where the awesome N-scale town diorama is housed! Very nice.

Given Tekering's locale (Japan), it's interesting how much of the collection come from sources based on Hollywood productions (Star Wars, Star Trek, terminator, iron man, avengers, etc.), and relatively small percentage based on Japanese materials (Macross/Robotech and Godzillas). There are nice Kaijus but no soul of chogokin (except perhaps the ships?) and super robots. The TF collection seems to be most prominent given it's sort of both Japanese and American. 

Definitely awesome setup. Two/three rooms of just toy displays. I wish I have room to display half my collection! The media will have a jaw dropping day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On ‎2018‎/‎03‎/‎08 at 2:32 PM, tekering said:

Sorry, my Invid projects have been temporarily shelved while I focus on displaying my collection for the local news media:

hallwaysouth.thumb.jpg.f18c3a03fbb92079dcd4d6bd0e4ead4c.jpg

animenorthwest.thumb.jpg.1086c2327cf622eb372e32ac38b8e142.jpg

starwarssouthwest.thumb.jpg.d83441e89608265d29cc6ad7beb3097c.jpg

animewest.thumb.jpg.db1eccaa88910f7e54f519009788ad4b.jpg

stairwellnorth.thumb.jpg.663298dd08427141219e096f60e3d7f6.jpg

entranceeast.thumb.jpg.8927220abdac5c2cf61d92a236488d8f.jpg

one-three-thousandth.thumb.jpg.f26e04397a757f406d0dcd6bd6299155.jpg

starwarseast.thumb.jpg.44923617b7e3cdd70d818d238ba84aa1.jpg

animesoutheast.thumb.jpg.4b88d3287c9910f30d10d3dce24b02fa.jpg

It's been a very time-consuming process, as you can well imagine.  :mellow:

 

 

Looks like they're preparing for a multi-dimensional invasion.:rolleyes:

 

Edited by Podtastic
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2018 at 4:23 AM, locidm said:

Given Tekering's locale (Japan), it's interesting how much of the collection come from sources based on Hollywood productions (Star Wars, Star Trek, terminator, iron man, avengers, etc.), and relatively small percentage based on Japanese materials (Macross/Robotech and Godzillas).

Actually, I've got hundreds of anime figures still in storage -- Sailor Moon, To-Heart, Haruhi, Hatsune Miku, K-On!, and less innocent stuff -- that must safely remain out of the public eye.  A significant part of my business is teaching elementary school girls, see, so I have to be concerned with my professional image.  Even the more sexualized Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell figures remain in the closet (along with a hundred Mobile Suits I just haven't found space to display).

Not that it mattered, really, given how totally clueless the reporter was.  He'd never seen Star Wars, never even heard of Macross, and standing before my wall of Transformers -- mostly G1, Animated, or movieverse characters -- he turned to me and asked "Are these all Gundams?"  <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, tekering said:

Actually, I've got hundreds of anime figures still in storage -- Sailor Moon, To-Heart, Haruhi, Hatsune Miku, K-On!, and less innocent stuff -- that must safely remain out of the public eye.  A significant part of my business is teaching elementary school girls, see, so I have to be concerned with my professional image.  Even the more sexualized Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell figures remain in the closet (along with a hundred Mobile Suits I just haven't found space to display).

Not that it mattered, really, given how totally clueless the reporter was.  He'd never seen Star Wars, never even heard of Macross, and standing before my wall of Transformers -- mostly G1, Animated, or movieverse characters -- he turned to me and asked "Are these all Gundams?"  <_<

I believe he also don't have a clue what GUNDAM is.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wooooooooow.......what a complete woman’s feminine hygiene product. Was he actually from earth? Never seen Star Wars? WTH???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tekering said:

Actually, I've got hundreds of anime figures still in storage -- Sailor Moon, To-Heart, Haruhi, Hatsune Miku, K-On!, and less innocent stuff -- that must safely remain out of the public eye.  A significant part of my business is teaching elementary school girls, see, so I have to be concerned with my professional image.  Even the more sexualized Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell figures remain in the closet (along with a hundred Mobile Suits I just haven't found space to display).

Not that it mattered, really, given how totally clueless the reporter was.  He'd never seen Star Wars, never even heard of Macross, and standing before my wall of Transformers -- mostly G1, Animated, or movieverse characters -- he turned to me and asked "Are these all Gundams?"  <_<

What a waste! You’d think they’d send someone with at least some knowledge on the subject matter to do the interview! The reporter probably didn’t appreciate what she was seeing, at all. 

I hear you about the figures. I got questioned once over a very innocent looking Minmay figure fully clothed in her signature DYRL pose. You’re wise to do what you did. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tekering said:

He'd never seen Star Wars, never even heard of Macross,

And he lives in the First World? :ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×