That 1/72 Sylphide fighter loks nice andd sleek. I wanna get that and personal paint in a dark green color.

:)

seolpung, are you the maker of these kits?

And do I read this right that pla4u will make a F/a-27C?

395579[/snapback]

yes, i am.

we'are going to be on for 2006 summer wonderfestival & c3-hobby2006

1/38 mave

1/72 sylphid

1/72 f/a-27c

post-2962-1146882018_thumb.jpg

Edited by seolpung

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, so I finally got the final Volume of Yukikaze yesturday (and as expected, no Mave-Chan..bastards!). And as I remember complaints about the final events in Macross Zero being rushed & jumping around, I'll be damned if I can follow either the beginning or the end of this episode. They take too many leaps in time, and barely bother to explain what happened inbetween.

Overall, I definately enjoyed Zero a lot more.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way about the series, especially in the final episode. Oddly enough, their main characters shared identical fates...

Ok, so I finally got the final Volume of Yukikaze yesturday (and as expected, no Mave-Chan..bastards!). And as I remember complaints about the final events in Macross Zero being rushed & jumping around, I'll be damned if I can follow either the beginning or the end of this episode. They take too many leaps in time, and barely bother to explain what happened inbetween.

Overall, I definately enjoyed Zero a lot more.

414488[/snapback]

No Mave-Chan, but no big loss there. It sucks.

And too many time jumps? There was only one... :huh:

... well, two if you count the bit after the credits :p

Personally, I understood episode 5 almost entirely when I watched the DVD today. I had watched the fansub version a few times, and a few points had confused me. But the Bandai translations makes some things a lot clearer.

My only disapointment was that there weren't more special features to make up for it being only one episode. The director's interview had a bit of insight though.

Maybe I'm just dissapointed that we didn't get an awesome dog fight between the Yukikaze & the JAM doppleganger, or maybe I'm just dissapointed that instead of anything, we get a nonsencicle transition between that scene & a barely explained attempt at defection that was actually an attempt to infiltrate the JAM but was actually a distraction so that the FAF could escape, which was actually a trick by the JAM to kill Fukei & Yukikaze, which may or may not have happened..... Nope, I'm sorry, Zero was far more cohesive :)

If you like to know more about the the planet Fairy and the intensions of the Jam try reading Stanislaw Lems "Solaris" . Yukikaze has more parallels to this story. I finished this book a few weeks ago and it helped me understand the story a lot .

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Socal Jet Fighter Anime Fans!!

a few of us Fighter Jockies plan to get together and try to understand this crazy story HAHA oh well if it doesnt work atleast we will have some good food and drink! :)

im having a Sony Vega 65inch Yukikaze Marathon / Ace Combat 4 tournament at my house this Satuday 8/5/06!!

be there or be square!!

http://tokidokijournal.com/anime/yukikaze/wallpaper02.jpg

send me an email if your Interested!

Edited by Razor x

• 3 weeks later...
Very interesting cross-link. So the planet Fairy created the Jam because the humans had an image of a mysterious, anonymous enemy within them?

-i-

414668[/snapback]

Actually the Planet is the Jam . He created Human like Creatures( Yummie made of jelly) to make contact to the humans. But also to learn to understand what and who we are,how hzuman society works , socialation, And something they don't understand such as feelings, human behaviour in differant/critical circumstances. These things are new to the planet. It created copies of humans to make contact with us. But in order to make copies it needs spiecements which have to be added to there collective for further examination such like structure, compounds and so on.The only thing it can't analize were human emotions. It's way to make contact was that what we realized as jamming signal. We didn't understood their way of communication .Because the jamming signature destroyed some of our planes we mistaken it for a raid/ alien invasion. All the time the planet tried to make contact with humans . The human clones were copied in every detail such as their memories about youth privat life and other things. They don't even know that they were Jams (just like that indian guy),so they lived as humans. The planet also don't understand "life" and "death".Aaaaargh my engrish is so awfully bad. I can't explain it right. I....Uuurgh, read Solaris. I#ve been told that the movie is differant from the contents of the book.

And by the way .Yes E-Indigo it's a damn pretty plane.

426739[/snapback]

will you vac-form me a new canopy? I want to make a detailed cockpit...

-i-

426802[/snapback]

Sure . Now that I have some time .I was planning on making some canopies for the 1/72 M Club Valks. E2046 only had 1/144 YF-19 canopies so they send me those instead <_<

Very interesting cross-link. So the planet Fairy created the Jam because the humans had an image of a mysterious, anonymous enemy within them?

-i-

414668[/snapback]

Actually the Planet is the Jam . He created Human like Creatures( Yummie made of jelly) to make contact to the humans. But also to learn to understand what and who we are,how hzuman society works , socialation, And something they don't understand such as feelings, human behaviour in differant/critical circumstances. These things are new to the planet. It created copies of humans to make contact with us. But in order to make copies it needs spiecements which have to be added to there collective for further examination such like structure, compounds and so on.The only thing it can't analize were human emotions. It's way to make contact was that what we realized as jamming signal. We didn't understood their way of communication .Because the jamming signature destroyed some of our planes we mistaken it for a raid/ alien invasion. All the time the planet tried to make contact with humans . The human clones were copied in every detail such as their memories about youth privat life and other things. They don't even know that they were Jams (just like that indian guy),so they lived as humans. The planet also don't understand "life" and "death".Aaaaargh my engrish is so awfully bad. I can't explain it right. I....Uuurgh, read Solaris. I#ve been told that the movie is differant from the contents of the book.

426739[/snapback]

Interesting the analysis you make TSP, sometimes the plot was kindda confusin for me, I still want to watch it again andcatch up. Could you please give a deeper analysis? It would help a lot and I think it could spark a lil bit more discussion about this ovas.

• 1 month later...

Nice interpretation, TSP.

Gawsh i just finished it yesterday and i was filled with WTFs all through it. Its probably cause the fansubs are bad. Didn't understand nuts.

But the final sequence with all the planes in a big ass air battle was awesome.

Nice interpretation, TSP.

Gawsh i just finished it yesterday and i was filled with WTFs all through it. Its probably cause the fansubs are bad. Didn't understand nuts.

But the final sequence with all the planes in a big ass air battle was awesome.

It was pur coincidence that I figured out the simularity between Yukikaze and Solaris. I red the book few moths after I've seen the bad german dubbed/subtitle copy. In the first time I also was confused not only by the fact that the 3rd DVD(Episode4&5) didn't include a "FAF Flight Manual" :angry: After Solaris I watched the whole series again.And then my brain made a stange sound like a "click! Turn on the lights baby! Cause now you know what it's all about."

There also was a hint to Lem's works in one of the interviews with Shohei Kanbayashi. Just can't remmember which one it was. :p

Edited by TSP

The way you described it, TSP, made Yukikaze have alot of potential for good story telling. But sadly that fell short in the anime. Bad scripting perhaps? Or maybe they didn't bother to tell you about the whole plot. It was probably just a story of a love triangle between Jack , Rei and Yukikaze. I don't know. Are the subs THAT bad that all coherency of the story was lost?

• 3 weeks later...

Some of you might be interested to know that there is a new Yukikaze art book out!

Well, sort of.

At the last Komiket in japan (the big doujinshi convention in japan), two of the mecha designers for Yukikaze self-published an art book called "Blue and Purpre" (their typo, no mine).

I thought this was particularly interesting. It's not uncommon for big-name manga artists to sell self-published doujin of their own characters (sometimes hentai, sometimes not). But this is the first example of a series creator self-publishing a mecha art book that I know of.

I can only assume they they wanted Bandai to put out a Yukikaze art book, but Bandai passed on the idea. So they took the initiative and did it themselves!

This reminds me a lot of the four Macross doujin art books published by MAT in the '80s. But this is even better, since it's actually official!

The book is 120 pages, and is a decent mix of color and b/w design art. There's LOTS of art in it that's never been published anywhere else. All the fighters, the Banshee, the armored vehicle from er 5... it's all there. Plus, of course, a lot of accompanying text, which I'd give my left nut to be able to read.

And at the end is a script and storyboard for what looks like a dogfight that didn't make it into the series. And a few pages of Tasukete Mave-Chan designs finishes off the book.

I had to get my copy from Yahoo Japan Auctions, and it wasn't cheap. I won the auction at Y8000, plus all the shipping and service fees. But it was very much worth it ^_^

post-50-1160905603_thumb.jpg

Valkyrie, I will have to raid your place...

More (possible) insights from the IMDB board:

"My opinion? Rei and the Machine merges with the Jam, becoming the new machine god. We understand in the 5th episode that the Jam is not after victory, and that any fight anyone takes part in, Jam already knows the outcome of.

Jam is part machine, part etheral essence. I think this is a hint because it may be what Jam is searching for all along - a new human that is capable of merging with a machine. Why? Who knows... maybe Jam was just lonely. Maybe Jam was dying and needed a replacement. Maybe Jam DID intend to invade earth, but the power Jam had was in the end taken over by Rhei and the machine - we learn that there IS no other dimension, that it's all in Jam's mind (or rather, Jam projects it into anyone crossing over).

In the end, they gain Jam's power which is why we even see him after he has died.

That's me, and I always look for the happy ending."