Right now, HLJ lists the 1/144 FRX-00 Mave as to be released this month.

1/144 FRX-00 Mave Yukikaze Flying Type

1/144 FRX-00 Mave Yukikaze Landing Type

Those and several others. Including the FFR-31MR Normal Sylph, which I'm looking forward to most of all.

But the problem is, they've all been 'due out' every month since december :angry:

They're even more late than the Platz 1/72 Mave was at this point...

Is it just me or Gonzo apperantally forgotten about combined arm warfare as I haven't recall seeing any AFVs, AA systems, or even light infantry in Yukikaze.

Well, the creator wanted the Jam to remain completely mysterious and fighting them man to man tends to destroy that aura.

I bought the first two eps on DVD yesterday and watched them.

The good: The aircraft designs are sweet, the graphics are sweet, the sound fx are sweet, and as a whole the production is visually quite stunning.

The bad: Why are all the main characters such PUSSIES? The NPCs getting vaped by the wayside are more interesting than these pansy-boys. What's more, no reason is ever given for their clinical depression. Another thing: are those two estranged gay lovers, or what? They sure act like it. Is that where the planet gets its name?

The ugly: No discernable plot so far that I can see, aside from the vague references to the Yukikaze being alive and conscious somehow. There is no background info on the plot or the characters, other than the antarctic warp thing. No information on the Jam or their motivations, and nothing on what the human forces are attempting to accomplish on the green planet. Who the hell would name a planet FAIRY?

Basically, so far Yukikaze looks like an excuse to showcase some killer CG work at the expense of a story, characters, or plot development. Hell, a plot for an OVA about ace fighter pilots in sweet looking planes battling aliens would NOT have been too hard to develop. Nice eye candy, but Macross it AIN'T!

Visuals / Sound : 4/5 stars

Everything else: 1/5 stars and a big raspberry.

Edited by Marso

Is it just me or Gonzo apperantally forgotten about combined arm warfare as I haven't recall seeing any AFVs, AA systems, or even light infantry in Yukikaze.

Well, the creator wanted the Jam to remain completely mysterious and fighting them man to man tends to destroy that aura.

No need for the grunts to fight "man to man." More beliveable having soldiers and anti-aircraft vehicles [in the background] taking at least pot shots at the JAM fighters regardless of whether they're cannon fodder or Death Incarnate for the JAM.

In the beginning of Operation 4, there is a conference where they show what looks like an AVF. I can send a screenshot later today. However, as I got a chinese fansub so far...

Regds,

Gorgon

In the beginning of Operation 4, there is a conference where they show what looks like an AVF. I can send a screenshot later today. However, as I got a chinese fansub so far...

Regds,

Gorgon

Here are the screenshots. Now please, someone that reads chinese... maybe he can explain what the BAX-4 is?????

post-26-1082090533_thumb.jpg

...and finally the carrier group under attack by the JAMs has a destroyer (DD-1025, which is fried by a JAM), an "AEGIS Destroyer" (the DDG-1114) and a guided missile cruisier (CG-1020?), acting as AA for the CV-56.

In effect, the DDG-1114 seems to destroy a JAM with the 5" cannon (unless it was the Mave that shot the JAM down)...

Regds,

Gorgon

post-26-1082091420_thumb.jpg

Okay, I obtained ep 4 (couldn't get 3) and was much more impressed than I was with 1 and 2. The only problem is that what I got didn't have any subs, so I understood only the gist of what was happening.

Can anyone supply me with the following info:

1. Basic synopsis thru ep-4

2. Release date of OVA 3 & 4 in US

3. Release date of ep 5?

Thanks, if anyone knows.

In effect, the DDG-1114 seems to destroy a JAM with the 5" cannon (unless it was the Mave that shot the JAM down)...

Regds,

Gorgon

Looked to me like Yukikaze took out both the surviving JAMs. It's confusing about what happened to Yukikaze after the 2nd one, I guess that it went straight up to avoid the explosion.

If anyone is intersted, HLJ just pushed back the date for the Yellow Sub. 1/144 aircraft to Oct. :angry: I'd love to see more prototype pics. I REALLY WANT something of the FFR-31 Sylphide and as of now this Yellow Sub. is the only version of it.

Chris

Untitled_1.jpg

...after massive air raid of 2 bases: cookie and richboy...

Untitled_2.jpg

...put it into the war, start ground attack on the bases of JAM...

Untitled_5.jpg

...all units launch SAM...

basically, the ep4's story is about Rei and Booker(I don't know how to spell) return to earth to test new engines, with 3 JAM fighters followed, before they sunk the Japanese carrier, was shot down by Yukikaze. after a stuning landing on the carrier, Rei and Booker request refueling, they meet Jackson(as journalist) on deck for first time. she told them most people on earth don't even believe the existence of JAM(government denies everything, hmmm :D ). after that, Yukikaze took off in a more stuning way, then...to be continued... :p

suck story as ever, great air combat scenes ever!

the attack of JAM made me remember of Macross Zero 3, but even better IMHO!

Edited by newca

• 1 month later...

the closest thing to a toy that's been made so far has been the Yellow Submarine 1/144 pre-painted models of the FFR-31MR/D Super Sylph.

Supposedly, they are to be followed up with 3 more plane designs, but all of them have been continuously delayed since last december :(

• 4 months later...

YOU PEOPLE SUCK

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

i started a Yukikaze thread on this forum a year ago when the first volume came out and nobody knew what the hell i was talking about. i leave macross world for a few months and i see this 7 page thread..

the CGI is soo much better than Macross Zero, the cgi cutscenes in macross don't even blend with the animation. in yuki its seemless.

and yeah the characters are fruity, everyone agrees with that. but atleast i don't cringe like i do when i watch Macross. jeezus you wanna talk about some fruity dudes... ;)

i even show yuki to my non-anime fan friends cause its like a cartoon top gun with sicker jets. and the non dialogue scenes are not that bad, atleast you have some really stylish art to check out. let my buddies watch macross DYRL? hell naw, i'd get beaten.

haha yeah i know, i'm not looking for support, don't need it. i love macross a lot more than i do yuki, but there is just no way the anomation in Zero is better. I think Me-Man looked better than a few scenes in Zero :p

haha yeah i know, i'm not looking for support, don't need it. i love macross a lot more than i do yuki, but there is just no way the anomation in Zero is better. I think Me-Man looked better than a few scenes in Zero :p

I support you. Yukikaze owns the skies right now.

Despite their story is weird and very hard to follow or understand, one thing they did best in each episode: They showcased the jets' ability and design! If one loves mechanics much, he/she will love the shows.

Personally, I love their design very much. It just that the crap story line did kill some interest of the show overall.

One thing that is very unfortunate is that the models comes too slow, too few variety and too expensive for such a great design. I could see that Yukikaze is an one-off series that could hardly have any continuity.