Yukikaze Super Sylph

I just finished the Yukikaze Super Sylph and I was thinking that many of its lines look very similar to the VF-4. At least the front half of the aircraft does. What do you think?

I had a lot of the same problems as WM Cheng did with his Yukikaze Super Sylph. This is the Version 1.5 from Bandai. I wish I had it in 1/72 scale, but unfortunately this is the 1/100 version (Platz makes the 1/72 scale). I enjoyed this aircraft very much. I used Tamiya paints and all the decals. The decals went on fairly smooth, but in hindsight I should have done what WM Cheng did and paint all the white parts on the wings. \

I think it turned out pretty good. One thing... I would ask the Mods please do not move this thread to Other Anime. All of us Modelers like to see this stuff in this thread and we don't check the Other Anime Section very often. Please do not move it. Thanks.

Hmmmm, similar to the VF-4?

Sorry ,but the only similarities I see is that both are aircraft. The YUKIKAZE looks like a much bigger bird than the Lightning, and could handle waay more Gs than the VF-4.

I bought the YUKIKAZE model as well, but since I have no place to showcase it, its is safely tucked in its box!

I would've bought the MAUVE but dang it is so expensive!!! :(

Hey LTSO.....Where do you find kits like this??? Do you get them from mail order companys?? I never see these in hobby shops....I would love to get one of these.....Thanks

I got it from HLJ.com. I think you can also find them on Ebay for about $30, I think. If you want to trade up to the Platz 1/72 scale resin kit (high quality) then you have to pay up to $100.