Uta Macross!

tankball

22 hours ago, nanoplasm said:

Glad to see so many people are still on this game.

I am hoping this game gets popular enough to spawn new merch.  I am down with just phone wallet, charms and what not.

If you are on FB and haven't already done so. Try to join the Uta Macross Smartphone Deculture - International Gamers group. Almost 1K members as of this post.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Does anyone know how to backup the game progress to the cloud?

I got a new phone and don't want to lose the progress I've made so far

You can pack it up from the old phone to LINE, Twitter, and/or FB.

I think the English Wiki has a step by step walk-through.  Note the menu location setup has changed a little.

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I looked there, but the data upload button seems to be missing on newer versions of the game

Ok, so from the options screen, tap the highlighted button.

data1.jpg.c313e9603611836cfca4cf2949ad1f1e.jpg

You'll get this window which asks if you want to restore data.

data2.jpg.c8032269d997f8f59e5fb1884755707c.jpg

Which you get this confirmation window just verifying and warning that it may take a few minutes to download your files, since it's getting all the plates, costumes and basically all the earned content back. 

data3.jpg.8a476c38156c0085595a2fa25c5d5284.jpg

Just make sure you linked your facebook/LINE/Twitter account prior.

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

26 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

That's the part I've been unable to find 

It's the button just to the right of the one I highlighted.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:11 AM, Focslain said:

Which you get this confirmation window just verifying and warning that it may take a few minutes to download your files, since it's getting all the plates, costumes and basically all the earned content back. 

Dude, that's the data corruption fix / redownload.  It's not the save to cloud function.

On 3/1/2018 at 11:11 AM, Focslain said:

Dude, that's the data corruption fix / redownload.  It's not the save to cloud function.

5aa0f193a8e91_savetocloud.png.0cd2249a5c37174b89e78ea08bdfaa87.png

Click on that box, and you will see the option to store to FB, Twitter or LINE.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

When UtaMacross first came out, I often entered in 1000, but it seems hard to follow events these days. I do not know why, but I do not feel motivated.

Edited by Blitzcat

Burn out is a thing, also the game is decently popular so unless your really good and have good plates your going place lower in the events just due to the larger player pool.

Best thing to remember is to have fun and if your not that a break is fine, worst case if your a collector (like myself) just do enough for the valk/costumes you want and relax afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Just started this game a couple days ago - not good at all with Rhythm games but thought I'll give it a go anyway. 

How can I open up more songs from the original Macross series?  Thanks!

Rank up your account by playing.  That's about it.

Also it's like any skill based activity, practice make up for lack of talent. :)

15 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Just started this game a couple days ago - not good at all with Rhythm games but thought I'll give it a go anyway. 

How can I open up more songs from the original Macross series?  Thanks!

4 hours ago, nanoplasm said:

Also it's like any skill based activity, practice make up for lack of talent. :)

Pretty much what she said, the songs were unlocked at a rate of 1 per 2 levels, generally the even numbered ones, but not sure if that has changed since I'm well above the curve. Last song to be added was 0 G Love and is worth trying on very hard if you can.

On 5/18/2018 at 4:00 AM, nanoplasm said:

Thanks! I’m almost a week in and only at BE4/ rank 10. Love the songs from the original Macross series but I hope they will release more over time.  Can’t wait for them to release “Ai wa nagareru”

21 hours ago, Focslain said:

Pretty much what she said, the songs were unlocked at a rate of 1 per 2 levels, generally the even numbered ones, but not sure if that has changed since I'm well above the curve. Last song to be added was 0 G Love and is worth trying on very hard if you can.

Ah thanks. My rank is probably still too low (11). I don’t have 0-G love yet. But silver moon red moon is another of my fav and so I’m glad to have it. Must level up faster!!

On 5/19/2018 at 6:47 AM, rdrunner said:

Ah thanks. My rank is probably still too low (11). I don’t have 0-G love yet. But silver moon red moon is another of my fav and so I’m glad to have it. Must level up faster!!

Once your at level 20 (should be soon), could you do me a solid and see if there is a pattern to you unlocking memory lane as you level? Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, Focslain said:

Once your at level 20 (should be soon), could you do me a solid and see if there is a pattern to you unlocking memory lane as you level? Thanks in advance.

I found the following from a Hong Kong website (https://www.hk01.com/科技玩物/110441/歌macross-超時空要塞音樂手遊-聲畫靚絕) and so far the order of the unlocks have been correct for me.  Is this what you're looking for?  Sorry for the raw Japanese text but I think you should be able to google translate the page fairly easily.  Thanks.

《Marcoss》
愛・おぼえていますか(Rank 8)
天使の絵の具(Rank 18)
小白竜(Rank 26)
《Marcoss 7》
Try Again(Rank 28)
《Marcoss F》
アナタノオト、ダイアモンド クレバス(Rank 1)
星間飛行(Rank 2)
アイモ(Rank 6)
私の彼はパイロット(Rank 10)
ねこ日記(Rank 12)
What’bout may star?(Rank 16)
トライアングラー(Rank 20)
ニンジーン Loves you yeah!(Rank 22)
インフィニティ(Rank 24)
Welcome To My FanClub’s Night!(Rank 29)
《Macross Delta》
ルンがピカッと光ったら(Rank 1)
不確定性☆COSMIC MOVEMENT(Rank 4)
いけないボーダーライン(Rank 14)
一度だけの恋なら(Rank 30)

30 minutes ago, Focslain said:

@rdrunner Yup, thank you. I just needed the ranks of the song unlocks. From the looks it seems on the even number levels for the most part, Welcome to My fanclub Night being the exception, and capping so far at 30. 

Great!

I'm at the end of rank 16 but can't wait to get to 18 to unlock 天使の絵の具 from FB 2012.  Seems that 0-G love was an event download but I wonder if there is a way to get that if I have joined late and missed the event in March?

Some advice please - how do you guys practice for hard/very hard/extreme levels?  I can manage to clear some of the hard mode songs with sight-reading but it is hard not to have a way to recap a song and practice individual sections.  I know there is a simulation live function that you can use items to listen to a song once, but these are limited.  Do I really have to record a song in S-live mode and watch the video in order to practice??

16 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Great!

I'm at the end of rank 16 but can't wait to get to 18 to unlock 天使の絵の具 from FB 2012.  Seems that 0-G love was an event download but I wonder if there is a way to get that if I have joined late and missed the event in March?

Some advice please - how do you guys practice for hard/very hard/extreme levels?  I can manage to clear some of the hard mode songs with sight-reading but it is hard not to have a way to recap a song and practice individual sections.  I know there is a simulation live function that you can use items to listen to a song once, but these are limited.  Do I really have to record a song in S-live mode and watch the video in order to practice??

As you play you'll get a lot of UC currency plus those SLive items pop up during events (I'm sitting on 500 and haven't bought any in three months). So while they seem limited they aren't rare.

As for 0-G Love, it's a part of Memory lane which unlocks as you level, guess that means the site was out of date... sec.

Just checked my own memory lane, if the pattern holds true, damn 0-G Love is rank 70. Question have you gotten Barsara and Mylene yet. By my count at 18 you shouldn't have them (they should be around rank 24).

Also as you try for higher difficulties you'll need to speed up the game (I run at 8 doing mostly very hard). Try it on hard to get your rhythm, as for practice it's just in playing the game. Go for survival first, then super diva mode, then full combo. Don't worry if you mess up and if you need a break, take it.

As you level you'll get more stamina to play for longer stretches but you regen at the same rate. (Currently at rank 72 with 74 stam). Rank EXP is earned at a rate of stam usage +1 x10, so completing a hard mode song gives 130 xp while a normal gives 90. Also when you level you get a full set of stamina

Also when we get a ticket event these don't use stamina so can get you some extra plays for free xp.

Higher scores will come from better plates and high combos.  

If you have any other questions just ask.

Edited by Focslain

Looking back at my valk list it seems we have got most of the valks already from the featured macross series. 

I think what’s conspicuously absent so far is Roy’s VF-1S, and the other VF-1As from DYRL. Also strike/Super packs. Seems introducing the packs with the DYRL valks would be a good fit. Maybe the packs would go on the valks like how the costumes are going on the divas so we can mix and match!

18 minutes ago, the_foul_fowl said:

Looking back at my valk list it seems we have got most of the valks already from the featured macross series. 

I think what’s conspicuously absent so far is Roy’s VF-1S, and the other VF-1As from DYRL. Also strike/Super packs. Seems introducing the packs with the DYRL valks would be a good fit. Maybe the packs would go on the valks like how the costumes are going on the divas so we can mix and match!

I'm all for getting a strike/super pack valk, also adding Roy in general. Not sure if we are getting a new valk soon though, most of the focus seems to be on the costumes.

17 minutes ago, the_foul_fowl said:

Aye. Kinda esoteric costumes too, so have been saving my gems. Other than DYRL valks, the only other mainline valk would be Mylene's VF-11. And Max and Miria's VF-22 from Mac 7. Songs wise, I think we've got most of them already?

Most of SDFM, yeah. We're like maybe half way through Frontier and Mac7 and 2/3 of Delta. Plus they did say they are looking in to getting some OVA support.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:54 AM, Focslain said:

As you play you'll get a lot of UC currency plus those SLive items pop up during events (I'm sitting on 500 and haven't bought any in three months). So while they seem limited they aren't rare.

As for 0-G Love, it's a part of Memory lane which unlocks as you level, guess that means the site was out of date... sec.

Just checked my own memory lane, if the pattern holds true, damn 0-G Love is rank 70. Question have you gotten Barsara and Mylene yet. By my count at 18 you shouldn't have them (they should be around rank 24).

Also as you try for higher difficulties you'll need to speed up the game (I run at 8 doing mostly very hard). Try it on hard to get your rhythm, as for practice it's just in playing the game. Go for survival first, then super diva mode, then full combo. Don't worry if you mess up and if you need a break, take it.

As you level you'll get more stamina to play for longer stretches but you regen at the same rate. (Currently at rank 72 with 74 stam). Rank EXP is earned at a rate of stam usage +1 x10, so completing a hard mode song gives 130 xp while a normal gives 90. Also when you level you get a full set of stamina

Also when we get a ticket event these don't use stamina so can get you some extra plays for free xp.

Higher scores will come from better plates and high combos.  

If you have any other questions just ask.

Thanks, a couple more weeks in, I'm at rank 30 and Bronze (521).  Started to work on full combos on the "hard" level, but have a long way to go yet.

what I have tried to do is if I really get stuck on a song, I will use Simulation live mode and record the track so I can get familiar with it before attempting. 

As for events, I do try but always end up ranking in the 30k-50k range so it's really more for fun, nothing serious.

13 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks, a couple more weeks in, I'm at rank 30 and Bronze (521).  Started to work on full combos on the "hard" level, but have a long way to go yet.

what I have tried to do is if I really get stuck on a song, I will use Simulation live mode and record the track so I can get familiar with it before attempting. 

As for events, I do try but always end up ranking in the 30k-50k range so it's really more for fun, nothing serious.

That's the way to do it.

For events like the current ticket based one what I usually suggest is to auto set with LUCK so it will pull your highest luck plates. Score isn't a big thing while farming rares.

If your doing the three daily pulls plus the 10 pull when you get 500 crystals you'll end up with a few decent 4 star plates. This will help you farm more tickets (level doesn't matter, but the pattern seems to be one gurenteed rare per 25 luck).

If you can I'd shoot for the emblem and all the event plates then sit back and relax.

55 minutes ago, Focslain said:

That's the way to do it.

For events like the current ticket based one what I usually suggest is to auto set with LUCK so it will pull your highest luck plates. Score isn't a big thing while farming rares.

If your doing the three daily pulls plus the 10 pull when you get 500 crystals you'll end up with a few decent 4 star plates. This will help you farm more tickets (level doesn't matter, but the pattern seems to be one gurenteed rare per 25 luck).

If you can I'd shoot for the emblem and all the event plates then sit back and relax.

Thanks, I have been doing the daily 3x draws and done the 10-draws two or three times, and have now got a 6* and a couple of other 5* cards.  The issue I have been having is to come up with a good combination of cards/songstresses for the most optimal S/A/Center skills.  Somehow I always end up getting "life up" or "life restore" skills when I go with auto setting.  I have a luck +4 on one of the cards but that's it so far.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:34 PM, Focslain said:

If you are on FB and haven't already done so. Try to join the Uta Macross Smartphone Deculture - International Gamers group. Almost 1K members as of this post.

you know, I applied to join and they asked me a question: "who is lady M".  I said I did not watch Delta and genuinely don't know.  That was the last I heard from them.  *shrugs*

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

you know, I applied to join and they asked me a question: "who is lady M".  I said I did not watch Delta and genuinely don't know.  That was the last I heard from them.  *shrugs*

How long ago was that?

It took a month for me to get in. The question is to get bots and your reply seems human enough. It might be that the admin just hasn't checked for new applicants recently. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, Focslain said:

How long ago was that?

It took a month for me to get in. The question is to get bots and your reply seems human enough. It might be that the admin just hasn't checked for new applicants recently. 

I think it was around the last week of May, can't remember but no big deal I guess.