Uta Macross!

tankball

6 hours ago, Focslain said:

So updated and got Barsara and Mylene. Much to my amusement, when you get Barsara it doesn't say new diva, but his name. Ego much?

Will run him through other songs later, just did the new ones to collect the new content.

I mean... really, is that honestly that surprising? I almost half expect the entire phone to explode with him shouting "BOMBAA!!" Ever notice that in the SNS segments his name is the only one in all caps even before he is a playable singer? It suits him, lol.

I'm only rank 15 (I only play once a day at most, and I can't manage anything tougher than normal for most songs, so I level at a slow pace) and just got Mikumo so I expect I'll have a bit before I get Basara and Mylene. I suspect they are next for me cause... I can't think of any other main singing characters I'm missing now. Got all of Walküre, Sheryl, Ranka, and Minmay. Unless there are some non-series singers that I haven't seen in screen caps yet I imagine they have to be next.

15 hours ago, Master Dex said:

I mean... really, is that honestly that surprising? I almost half expect the entire phone to explode with him shouting "BOMBAA!!" Ever notice that in the SNS segments his name is the only one in all caps even before he is a playable singer? It suits him, lol.

I'm only rank 15 (I only play once a day at most, and I can't manage anything tougher than normal for most songs, so I level at a slow pace) and just got Mikumo so I expect I'll have a bit before I get Basara and Mylene. I suspect they are next for me cause... I can't think of any other main singing characters I'm missing now. Got all of Walküre, Sheryl, Ranka, and Minmay. Unless there are some non-series singers that I haven't seen in screen caps yet I imagine they have to be next.

True, at least they kept him in character.

Considering I was rank 40 when the bombers where dropped I'm not sure if my memory lane is muddled or not at this point.

Though you would be a good test case for my theory that the idols are on the odd ranks while the songs are on the even. And no, there are no other singers in the game outside the main case shown in the title card for the game. Not yet at least.

Also I got to rank 30ish on mostly easy/normal. It's do-able, but does take more then one song a day. Keep at it, you'll get there.

Edited by Focslain

Idols have indeed been odd ranks and songs on even. 

I often do a few songs a day, especially in events but I've skipped some days (like when I was running from a hurricane and all lol). I'm in no hurry really. 

28 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

That's not the "Version" warning, or you would read "Google Play" on it. Are you playing over wifi or mobile data?

I am actually playing it over ethernet, utilising a didicated 100mbit kabel line. I play Final Fantasy Brave Exvius over this line too and never had any issue. There is no connection issue as far as I know. I probably have to undust my japanese dictionary... :/

アプリケーンヨン工ラー

アプリケ一ンヨンーこ異常カ〝あります。
ゲ一ムを正常ーこ起重刀する事カ〝できません。

Roughtly translates to:

Application Error:

There is an application error.
It is not possible to initialize the game.

Edited by Urashiman

So for those wondering, I got to rank 16, but before that I visited memory lane quickly to see if it showed at all when Basara and Mylene would appear. Like normal it only showed the square for the next thing to unlock which at the time was a Sheryl song (turned out to be 'What bout by star'). Then without prompting a picture of Basara pops up shouting something and the song square is literally pushed aside with Basara's unlock square taking it's place. Basara literally cut in line so he'd unlock next, lol.

I did then unlock him at 16, and then it moved back to the Sheryl song... which then caused Mylene to jump in and cut in line the same way! I'm just laughing now. Weirdly, a few song plays later, and Mylene unlocks for me even though I didn't rank up again (I also even got the song that had been pushed back twice, lol). So I have them both now. Seems they programmed the game with this update to ensure people got Basara and Mylene as soon as they could.

23 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Just like that.

Will they release another Idol? Could be Sharon Apple. Sara Nome wouldn't make sense,  and Wendy Rider is too obscure a character as to be included in the game.

Well we have Plus, Zero and II left for idols/songs I believe. They still have a bit more of 7 and Delta songs to drop before they have to drop others. I'm hoping for Plus next though.

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

What songs would you like from Plus?

My favorite songs from that series are Voices and After in the Dark (i think that's what it's called)

Information High is my personal fav from that series. But to do it right it has to be around 6 mins (full length is 8:01). Voices would be a must though. 

Sharon would be an interesting idol from a costume POV since her form changes with each costume. 

Honestly I just want Plus because that opens the door for Isamu and the YF-19, pretty much my all time favorite pilot/valk.

Edited by Focslain

The Macross The Tribute album, known for having various Macross artists swap song roles, has Ishtar singing a surprisingly good rendition of Voices though. (It also has a Minmay version of Angel Voice and Fukuyama/Basara doing the SDFM theme including guitar!)

8 minutes ago, nanoplasm said:

Maintenance to update app, and remove the extra 5☆ event plates that were dropped due to bugs.

Game is scheduled to be back at noon JST (8pm PDT) and the app will be updated.

Wow that is a maintenance period like 12 hours. I was going to see about doing the conversion but guess I'm not playing til tomorrow.

So twitter confirmed Mari Iijima is the CV for Minmay in Uta Macross.

Not sure if any new lines were recorded for Minmay in this game.  But it's good to know they didn't find some rando to replace her.

Also, the Minmay Birthday event is live right now.

Featuring a new costume and the song Silver Moon Red Moon.

Screenshot_20171009-114549.thumb.png.db0006b6fe7328484d55ef51f4c87cda.png

Edited by nanoplasm

5 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

I'm nowhere close to unlocking Sheryl's blue costume or Mirage's 31C. :(

Halfway to unlocking the Kai and have most of Walkure's main costumes unlocked.

Currently at Level 41.

Mirage's VF-31C would be difficult to unlock without the event plates.  If you don't have enough points from plates, you will have to "earn" those protoculture seeds to unlock it.  I would recommend just wait for the event to return.

The Sheryl Military costume requires a lot of plates from the paid gacha (and that gacha is rotated out...).  Even though I have a 5☆ plate from the gacha back when the gacha was in rotation, I still could not muster enough points to unlock it.  The hope is to get a few copies of the 3☆ plates from the service (free) gacha, and that will give enough points to unlock the costume.

1 hour ago, nanoplasm said:

Mirage's VF-31C would be difficult to unlock without the event plates.  If you don't have enough points from plates, you will have to "earn" those protoculture seeds to unlock it.  I would recommend just wait for the event to return.

You'll get the seeds by leveling the Divas (20 that I've seen) as well as drops in events and if you double unlock costumes and valks. Just avoid this thing:

59df6b2ecd195__2017-10-12-09-01-23_crop_432x432.png.80b2562507df64ab54935817b2f8f6c7.png

It just eats tier 3 shards. They show up at the end of a luck chain if you get the plate enough times (7+ on 1 star that I've seen). Granted you get 1 point towards the unlock of an episode, but honestly it's not worth it.

40 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

My first child was born recently, so I haven't had time for this game lately. Still on level 34

Congrats on the new arrival. Good thing about games like these. You don't really need to keep up as it will cycle in time. Take your time and enjoy life.

I meanwhile, still lv 17 and have started to lose interest to be honest. I like it all just fine but... I've got a lot of other things to keep my attention, lol. I guess I never saw this game as something big to me anyway.

10 hours ago, Focslain said:

Congrats on the new arrival. Good thing about games like these. You don't really need to keep up as it will cycle in time. Take your time and enjoy life.

10 hours ago, nanoplasm said:

Grats!

Thanks. She was born on October 3rd, just in time for Macross' Anniversary 

7 hours ago, tankball said:

well i havnt posted in some time. well i think im done with this event :) i got all i wanted!

Same here, just got the title also finally..

59e0df3de8bfb__2017-10-13-11-29-22-768x4321.png.f7f5c87198e88864c80ebe31c71da5a9.png

Only took five days of practice, she's also locked out of the song too.

13 hours ago, Focslain said:

Same here, just got the title also finally..

59e0df3de8bfb__2017-10-13-11-29-22-768x4321.png.f7f5c87198e88864c80ebe31c71da5a9.png

Only took five days of practice, she's also locked out of the song too.

Full combo achieved during event doesn't carry over to normal LIVE when the song is released.

Also, getting the lock symbol means you have to meet other condition to unlock process.

Edited by nanoplasm