Uta Macross!

tankball

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:24 AM, nanoplasm said:

Only released Valk that I haven't unlocked is the VF-1J for Hikaru.

Only ones I have is Max and Hikaru, wierd.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:05 PM, nanoplasm said:

Anyone badass enough to get to the 5000 or under rank for the 2nd Miss Macross event?

Sadly no. I could only do the song on normal and didin't have plates high enough for the insane bonus needed. Think I was around 80K (ranked).

Side note, the friends list seems like just a friendly competation/messaging service, anyone want to just add those of us here at the forum to thier lists?

My sn is Focslain. (38487408)

Edited by Focslain

1 hour ago, Focslain said:

Only ones I have is Max and Hikaru, wierd.

Sadly no. I could only do the song on normal and didin't have plates high enough for the insane bonus needed. Think I was around 80K (ranked).

Side note, the friends list seems like just a friendly competation/messaging service, anyone want to just add those of us here at the forum to thier lists?

My sn is Focslain.

I was thinking the same thing about the friends list. It would be nice to add other users from the forum who play the game.

It only accepts numbers on the ID field to look for friends. I think mine is 38487422

I got it and have idly been playing, not heavily enough to rank up with any speed. Frankly I'm not that good at it, lol. I also am blindly going through and guessing what most buttons do so I only have a vague idea of how to play the game outside of the actual song segments.

16 hours ago, Master Dex said:

I got it and have idly been playing, not heavily enough to rank up with any speed. Frankly I'm not that good at it, lol. I also am blindly going through and guessing what most buttons do so I only have a vague idea of how to play the game outside of the actual song segments.

Same here, but if you've done love live the stats are familiar.

Without a translation I can only figure out four of the character stats. The first four are thier base power, then each of thier affinity with the different types energy(color).

In normal rpg stats, the higher the better. This translates to an easier score per press.

Plates are the same and add bonuses to the idols.

For simplicaty sake here's the easy mode for plates.

When you are in your team set up screen (seen below), tap the circled button.

uta1.jpg.ef057e51a0efe074041b71be8bed1675.jpg

That will make this menu pop up. Now here just press the circled button. The game will place the best scoring plates into your team.

uta2.jpg.7c0fc4940dc287352904b65b36966e08.jpg

I strongly suggest that anyone playing follow the @utamacross twitter feed. Yes it's in japanese but twitter does have a built in translation program and with a little guess work the post con be diciphered. They drop hints on playing the game.

I can drop more if anyone needs help.

6 hours ago, nanoplasm said:

AXIA event just started. Game assigns you a challenge, beat the challenge and earn ranking points. Rinse and repeat.

Each attempt requires energy and space money.

Good luck!

Got to play AXIA on my second challenge. For others playing I strongly suggest playing at the level you feel best at. The song selection for the challenges seem to be random. So it's best to get some points then fail and get no points.

Edited by Focslain

2 hours ago, Focslain said:

Same here, but if you've done love live the stats are familiar.

Without a translation I can only figure out four of the character stats. The first four are thier base power, then each of thier affinity with the different types energy(color).

In normal rpg stats, the higher the better. This translates to an easier score per press.

Plates are the same and add bonuses to the idols.

For simplicaty sake here's the easy mode for plates.

When you are in your team set up screen (seen below), tap the circled button.

uta1.jpg.ef057e51a0efe074041b71be8bed1675.jpg

That will make this menu pop up. Now here just press the circled button. The game will place the best scoring plates into your team.

uta2.jpg.7c0fc4940dc287352904b65b36966e08.jpg

I strongly suggest that anyone playing follow the @utamacross twitter feed. Yes it's in japanese but twitter does have a built in translation program and with a little guess work the post con be diciphered. They drop hints on playing the game.

I can drop more if anyone needs help.

You are far ahead of me honestly. I'm not even trying to figure out stats and such... Just putting things together randomly so far. I'll try your suggestion though. I've never played this kind of game before. 

3 hours ago, Master Dex said:

You are far ahead of me honestly. I'm not even trying to figure out stats and such... Just putting things together randomly so far. I'll try your suggestion though. I've never played this kind of game before. 

It's a basic rhythm game.

In general if you play the main part and just level the plates to unlock costumes/valkyries you'll do fine. If you want/need help just ask. 

Also they seem to have started another login in campaign for having the game hit 1 million downloads. For the full week we can collect 300 sound crystals (in game currency) plus a large sound fruit on day 7 (worth 100 xp for the costume/valks).

Fact this game has had a million downloads is kind of nuts.

Edited by Focslain

The game starts being super generous with material and stones (generic name for gacha currency). You can easily do several gacha 10 rolls and max a couple plates with the farmable stuff.

Once the farmable stuff are picked, then there is the proverbial wall, and the grinding starts.  I am like everyone, getting stuck behind the medium white crystal (Melody Stone?) for a lot of the progression.  Of course having skills (which I do not) helps a lot with the grinding.

But the game has Macross songs and Valks (kind of?), so it's still rather enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, nanoplasm said:

The game starts being super generous with material and stones (generic name for gacha currency). You can easily do several gacha 10 rolls and max a couple plates with the farmable stuff.

Once the farmable stuff are picked, then there is the proverbial wall, and the grinding starts.  I am like everyone, getting stuck behind the medium white crystal (Melody Stone?) for a lot of the progression.  Of course having skills (which I do not) helps a lot with the grinding.

But the game has Macross songs and Valks (kind of?), so it's still rather enjoyable.

DYRL is a good song for white crystals, if I find another I'll drop it in here. All my stamina is going to the event which only has three songs, AXIA, Infiniti, and Try Again.

There are quite a few white crystals in the event rewards too from what I saw too.

Maybe it is because I love all the songs in the event but I suddenly unlocked my true potential (the power of song energy? lol). I used to get Cs and Bs at best but here I started rolling S and SS ranks for songs (including a SS for Axia itself). I also applied Focslain's advice, I suspect it made a difference. I also got a third 'diva' (my lineup is Sheryl as my main, Freyja, and Ranka now. I haven't unlocked anyone else, only rank 6) so I think that makes a difference too.

11 hours ago, Focslain said:

DYRL is a good song for white crystals, if I find another I'll drop it in here. All my stamina is going to the event which only has three songs, AXIA, Infiniti, and Try Again.

There are quite a few white crystals in the event rewards too from what I saw too.

White crystal drop is kind of random since is not color specific like the Blue, Yellow and Red ones which are tied to the "colored" songs.

There are 2 dailies that drop predominantly white crystals, but you can only run them 3 times a day, and the drop rate is for the medium one is really "meh".

10 hours ago, Master Dex said:

Maybe it is because I love all the songs in the event but I suddenly unlocked my true potential (the power of song energy? lol). I used to get Cs and Bs at best but here I started rolling S and SS ranks for songs (including a SS for Axia itself). I also applied Focslain's advice, I suspect it made a difference. I also got a third 'diva' (my lineup is Sheryl as my main, Freyja, and Ranka now. I haven't unlocked anyone else, only rank 6) so I think that makes a difference too.

You just evoked the power of the chuu2 within you. :)

J/K.

Yes, the plates do matter.

Games like this is designed if you whale (spend thousands of $$$), can you actually just faceroll the hard/very hard difficulty, literally, and still get S+.

How does one get this game on iphone or ipad for folks outside japan?

Create a Japanese iTune account.

Edited by nanoplasm

So when doing a song sequence. I can guess the glowly middle button is a power up and such but I am not entirely sure what it actually does during the song. It only works once for me and it just seems to add more lights and stuff. I don't know if it affects my score any. Anyone care to enlighten?

I'm also muddling my way through the game and just now after a few weeks found what appears to be a calibration for the timing of the button presses i think.  I goofed with it and it seemed to help me out when I tried to play a hard level song (actually passed it with no fail!) Immediately afterward so I think it might help some of you struggling.  Most other games of this type will have a calibration setting to offset your personal handicap and align it better.

On the last tab at the bottom all the way at the right is the options tab.  Touch that and then just above the "FAQ" button there is a wrench with a cog icon.  Scroll all the way down to the bottom after touching the icon and you will see a gauge that looks like "50--------50", hit the purple button below that.  The game will play a short melody, and you should touch the bubble when you hear the "beat" coinciding.  The game will then adjust to your timing and then play the song again this time with the familar silver circles coming down and you should hit the bubble at the beat.  After it is done it will then keep the setting for you so you can go back and adjust it as you get more comfortable.  Mine was like -11 or so.  So far it seems to have helped my game.  You can all laugh at me if I don't know what i'm talking about since I can't read japanese but try it.

10 hours ago, Microbe999 said:

I'm also muddling my way through the game and just now after a few weeks found what appears to be a calibration for the timing of the button presses i think.  I goofed with it and it seemed to help me out when I tried to play a hard level song (actually passed it with no fail!) Immediately afterward so I think it might help some of you struggling.  Most other games of this type will have a calibration setting to offset your personal handicap and align it better.

On the last tab at the bottom all the way at the right is the options tab.  Touch that and then just above the "FAQ" button there is a wrench with a cog icon.  Scroll all the way down to the bottom after touching the icon and you will see a gauge that looks like "50--------50", hit the purple button below that.  The game will play a short melody, and you should touch the bubble when you hear the "beat" coinciding.  The game will then adjust to your timing and then play the song again this time with the familar silver circles coming down and you should hit the bubble at the beat.  After it is done it will then keep the setting for you so you can go back and adjust it as you get more comfortable.  Mine was like -11 or so.  So far it seems to have helped my game.  You can all laugh at me if I don't know what i'm talking about since I can't read japanese but try it.

I saw that and found it, but decided not to mess with it. I'm sure I can get it to match me, but I'd rather match it personally.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:18 PM, Master Dex said:

Divas are unlocked on the Odd levels while new songs are on the Even levels. Placing bets now that when Barsara and Mylene get released in September that they will be at level 17/19, also as you level the divas and plates you'll get more points per tap which in turn makes it easier to get the higher scores.

15 hours ago, Master Dex said:

So when doing a song sequence. I can guess the glowly middle button is a power up and such but I am not entirely sure what it actually does during the song. It only works once for me and it just seems to add more lights and stuff. I don't know if it affects my score any. Anyone care to enlighten?

I got some info on the active skills from the wiki the company posted up. Granted it's all in Japanese so just piecing this from the google translate.

Active Skill - Chosen from the main plate on your main diva (middle diva, top plate), if the plate has no skills (1-3 star) then nothing is there. These can only be used once per song, so choice wisely.

The Note - This gives you a score boost for a short period of time. Much like the orbs that have notes in them are worth more points.

The Heart - This gives you a boost to your heart guage, which if your having a hard time on the song will give you more chances to miss up.

The Shield - This skill is supposed to keep yourstreak protected during hard times. Misses will still reset the streak though.

On a side note, it seems that at times your support divas will active minor versions of these at seemingly random times. The chance they will activate is increase the higher level the skill is.

23 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I can't uplevel my plates now. I haven't been able to get one of those yellow crystal chunks for many days.

The event songs on Wednesday and Sunday have high chances for yellow crystals.

Ok, here is the wiki link

Seems I hit a snag, there is a Diva mode above Super Diva.

So Super Diva happens when you complete the combat mini-game, but there is an Ultra Diva mode which from slight research, happens when a diva and pilot are paired up. There might be a song component as well, but I'm getting muddled info there.

Only found this out because I got a challenge to activate the Ultra Diva mode.

Edited by Focslain

6 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

These are the ones I need Screenshot_2017-08-25-06-59-05.jpg.f6365d94191051047533c23ce3df342b.jpg

Yup, as stated, Wednesday/Sunday or try you luck on other songs. That level of gem is best from the gold crystal (the rare drop that isn't multipled by your end score).

I have the same issue with blue right now, I need the tier 2 ones to get my blue plates up.

Welp, I hit Rank 31 this morning, seems I got all the songs so far. Time for the real grind to start to unlock all the episodes.

Also how did everyone do on the Axia event and has anyone ranked in the Miss Macross event yet?