Macross perfect collection

ZOR prime

2 hours ago, slaginpit said:

huh?

2 hours ago, slaginpit said:

huh?

The perfect collection was about maybe 4 vhs tapes of the original macross series. Subbed of course,they could have them on DVD now Amazon.

7 hours ago, ZOR prime said:

:lol: wow I was just thinking if macross perfect collection was out there? Looks like it is, some places.

Eh... that "perfect collection" wasn't a Macross release, it belonged to that one show we don't talk about on here.

(Admittedly "perfect" was probably the single least accurate adjective Streamline Pictures could've applied to that hot mess.  Not only did they not finish, the translation quality of the subtitled episodes they released consistently hovered between "poor" and "Chinese VCR manual".)

2 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Eh... that "perfect collection" wasn't a Macross release, it belonged to that one show we don't talk about on here.

(Admittedly "perfect" was probably the single least accurate adjective Streamline Pictures could've applied to that hot mess.  Not only did they not finish, the translation quality of the subtitled episodes they released consistently hovered between "poor" and "Chinese VCR manual".)

Lol grumpy old men Macross vrs Robotech. Harmony Gold and studio nue, no one really cares anymore. Old discussions,move on.

1 hour ago, ZOR prime said:

Lol grumpy old men Macross vrs Robotech. Harmony Gold and studio nue, no one really cares anymore. Old discussions,move on.

30eEul4.gif

Although actually, it would be pretty neat to have a singular collection of the entire Macross franchise remastered for Bluray (or if I'm really optimistic, 4K HDR). Or at least, say, up through Macross Zero. The Frontier and Delta tv+movie sets aren't too hard to find, I'd imagine.

Oh, they've all been done relatively recently.  Zero got a release after Frontier that adds in Sheryl's earrings, and SDFM, Plus, and 7 have all gotten bluray releases in the past few years.

Will you ever see a single massive collection?  I don't know about anyone else, but I would have to pause at dropping two or three grand on any set of shows and movies.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Although actually, it would be pretty neat to have a singular collection of the entire Macross franchise remastered for Bluray (or if I'm really optimistic, 4K HDR). Or at least, say, up through Macross Zero. The Frontier and Delta tv+movie sets aren't too hard to find, I'd imagine.

We've had them all in HD for a while now, actually... some of them, like DYRL?, have even had multiple remasters in HD.  There've been multiple editions of several of them as well.

Mind you, a single monolithic box set collection would be insanely expensive.  Japanese media prices are steep in general, and they don't usually incentivize buying a box set over buying the volumes individually.  If you look at many of the blu-ray editions of Macross titles released in the last couple years and run the numbers, it's about $63.50 per disc regardless of whether you buy a collected edition or the individual discs.  An "all of Macross" collected edition would be several grand.  Macross 7 alone was like $600 new.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

On 5/30/2017 at 7:09 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

We've had them all in HD for a while now, actually... some of them, like DYRL?, have even had multiple remasters in HD.  There've been multiple editions of several of them as well.

Mind you, a single monolithic box set collection would be insanely expensive.  Japanese media prices are steep in general, and they don't usually incentivize buying a box set over buying the volumes individually.  If you look at many of the blu-ray editions of Macross titles released in the last couple years and run the numbers, it's about $63.50 per disc regardless of whether you buy a collected edition or the individual discs.  An "all of Macross" collected edition would be several grand.  Macross 7 alone was like $600 new.

R u the same setup kaiba from RT.Com? It's me deep space 55

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2017 at 2:54 PM, ZOR prime said:

I should really just ignore this, but... you honestly expect people at a site named MacrossWorld to not care? 

This isn't animenewsnetwork, or wherever the cool kids talk about the latest episode of whatever thousand-episode Shonen Jump cartoon is popular these days. This is, quite literally, a site exclusively for Macross fans. We are, almost by definition, the kind of people that care about even the tiniest of details.  OF COURSE we care that a show we dearly love was hacked up, rewritten, and welded together with some unrelated nonsense.

Particularly as it was done by a company that basically declared war on us in the 90s, engendering no small amount of ill will in the process.

And especially since, some thirty years later, we are STILL explaining that there are no invid or hovertanks or robotech masters or veritechs in Macross.

55 minutes ago, JB0 said:

I should really just ignore this, but... you honestly expect people at a site named MacrossWorld to not care? 

This isn't animenewsnetwork, or wherever the cool kids talk about the latest episode of whatever thousand-episode Shonen Jump cartoon is popular these days. This is, quite literally, a site exclusively for Macross fans. We are, almost by definition, the kind of people that care about even the tiniest of details.  OF COURSE we care that a show we dearly love was hacked up, rewritten, and welded together with some unrelated nonsense.

Particularly as it was done by a company that basically declared war on us in the 90s, engendering no small amount of ill will in the process.

And especially since, some thirty years later, we are STILL explaining that there are no invid or hovertanks or robotech masters or veritechs in Macross.

But VF stands for veritech fighter 

38 minutes ago, ZOR prime said:

Yep I get it, in the macross there's the zentadie and meltrandie. In the second saga, not the ER masters,but the ZOR, and the 3rd a invid. But I still see almost the same thing though?

There is no second or third saga in Macross. There is no Zor in Macross, no invid in Macross, no anything masters in Macross. Though Macross' protoculture are similar in some respects to Robotech's robotech masters, the two are by no means equivalent.

Seriously, over half of the footage in Robotech is from shows that do not exist within the Macross franchise. Everything after Robotech episode 36 is from two other completely unrelated shows, and some of the content before that episode is spliced in from those unrelated shows. And the rewrites to the parts that ARE from Macross range from slight changes in terminology to just flat-out making things up.

33 minutes ago, ZOR prime said:

But VF stands for veritech fighter 

That is only true of Robotech. In Macross, it stands for variable fighter.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

There is no second or third saga in Macross. There is no Zor in Macross, no invid in Macross, no anything masters in Macross. Though Macross' protoculture are similar in some respects to Robotech's robotech masters, the two are by no means equivalent.

Seriously, over half of the footage in Robotech is from shows that do not exist within the Macross franchise. Everything after Robotech episode 36 is from two other completely unrelated shows, and some of the content before that episode is spliced in from those unrelated shows. And the rewrites to the parts that ARE from Macross range from slight changes in terminology to just flat-out making things up.

That is only true of Robotech. In Macross, it stands for variable fighter.

Come to think it,you right. It was put together in a hurry. Macek did say that.maybe macross 7 came close.

On 6/1/2017 at 8:03 AM, ZOR prime said:

R u the same setup kaiba from RT.Com? It's me deep space 55

Yeah, it's me.

4 hours ago, ZOR prime said:

Yep I get it, in the macross there's the zentadie and meltrandie. In the second saga, not the ER masters,but the ZOR, and the 3rd a invid. But I still see almost the same thing though?

As JB0 already pointed out, the latter two "sagas" of The Show That Must Not Be Named are completely separate shows and the hostile factions depicted in them don't really have any kind of equivalent in Macross.  

The creators of Macross don't really care for the idea of direct sequels, you see.  So, as a result, instead of having installments where one story follows directly on from the conclusion of the one before it (as in the "Sagas" you're thinking of), each new main Macross series is effectively a stand-alone story set in a different time and place in the shared Macross universe.  There's usually very little to directly connect one Macross show to another, apart from characters showing a basic historical awareness of important events and people from previous Macross shows that are set, from their perspective, in the past.  Each new series is set in a different locale, separated from the other shows by years of time and many light years of distance.  There's very little in the way of characters from one show returning in another, and apart from the extended Jenius family there's even less of characters who are relatives/friends of previous characters showing up.  

Take, for instance, Macross Delta.  It's the latest series and following on from the success of Macross Frontier, but the settings of the two shows are separated by eight years of time and a whopping 50,000+ light years.  The only overt, non-historical connection between the two is that Freyja Wion is a fan of Ranka Lee's music.

(The secondary works that are part of the official chronology like light novels, manga, and video games do indulge more in joining up the dots, though their favorite method is usually some flavor of Remember the New Guy.  Macross R, for instance, established that several of its all-new characters were veterans of the Protodeviln conflict in Macross 7.)

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Seto Kaiba said:

Yeah, it's me.

As JB0 already pointed out, the latter two "sagas" of The Show That Must Not Be Named are completely separate shows and the hostile factions depicted in them don't really have any kind of equivalent in Macross.  

The creators of Macross don't really care for the idea of direct sequels, you see.  So, as a result, instead of having installments where one story follows directly on from the conclusion of the one before it (as in the "Sagas" you're thinking of), each new main Macross series is effectively a stand-alone story set in a different time and place in the shared Macross universe.  There's usually very little to directly connect one Macross show to another, apart from characters showing a basic historical awareness of important events and people from previous Macross shows that are set, from their perspective, in the past.  Each new series is set in a different locale, separated from the other shows by years of time and many light years of distance.  There's very little in the way of characters from one show returning in another, and apart from the extended Jenius family there's even less of characters who are relatives/friends of previous characters showing up.  

Take, for instance, Macross Delta.  It's the latest series and following on from the success of Macross Frontier, but the settings of the two shows are separated by eight years of time and a whopping 50,000+ light years.  The only overt, non-historical connection between the two is that Freyja Wion is a fan of Ranka Lee's music.

(The secondary works that are part of the official chronology like light novels, manga, and video games do indulge more in joining up the dots, though their favorite method is usually some flavor of Remember the New Guy.  Macross R, for instance, established that several of its all-new characters were veterans of the Protodeviln conflict in Macross 7.)

How true, one thing I never noticed is M7, Macross5 Fleet just zentradie,thats cooL