9 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I can make that happen tomorrow, no problem. It will be a Toynami Alpha, but pretty close in scale--sorta...depending on which episode you watch!

I have tried and no luck so far! Will try more this weekend! 

Awesome, much appreciated! All my Legioss' are from Toynami & CM's! B))

18 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Awesome pics derex, thank you again, I'm sold! B))

Captain, you're getting a PM! 

Get all Inbits if you can (if John rereleases all of them)!!!! They are works of ART. I have all of them. For us enemy mecha nuts they're a dream come true. 

Little update: I've ordered the silicone and resin which should arrive on Monday. 

Stand back people!

*begins to do some stretching and warm-up exercises*

The captain is about to step back into model-making mode.

*cue the scene in episode 36 of Macross where the SDF-1 roars back to life for one last hoo-rah!*

6 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Get all Inbits if you can (if John rereleases all of them)!!!! They are works of ART. I have all of them. For us enemy mecha nuts they're a dream come true. 

They really are works of Art, I just ordered a kit from John and can't to see it in person! Finally my Legioss' will have a worth Adversary! 

If the Inbit Garmo gets a reissue I'm on board for that one too. B))

17 hours ago, captain america said:

Little update: I've ordered the silicone and resin which should arrive on Monday. 

Stand back people!

*begins to do some stretching and warm-up exercises*

The captain is about to step back into model-making mode.

*cue the scene in episode 36 of Macross where the SDF-1 roars back to life for one last hoo-rah!*

Could you give us a video of your process and tools? That would be instructive.

2 hours ago, captain america said:

The original fabrication thread may be of use:  

What about the 1/10 Protector?

Anybody in for a fully detailed 1/10 Protector to go along with our lonely Beagle Stick and Rei?????

40 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

What about the 1/10 Protector?

Anybody in for a fully detailed 1/10 Protector to go along with our lonely Beagle Stick and Rei?????

While I retain the ability to make molds, castings and some very minor repairs, I no longer have a dedicated workshop for sculpting/machining: that would have to be its own separate thread with someone willing/able to tackle the project.

On ‎2017‎/‎05‎/‎23 at 6:09 PM, derex3592 said:

i have lots more in progress build pics i can post and I also created a step by step "How to build resin kits" thread here a while back, but i don't remember where i posted it. It's something i wish i had had when I started building resin kits! Happy to help with any feedback and pics! And yes, definitely buy the kits now as he makes them available and wait to build them when you think your are ready! 

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

That thread would be very much appreciated if you do find it. 

Just curious but, now that the Inbit line is getting a reissue, are you not tempted to get another Gosu to do the Solzie colour scheme?

Molds are airing out. Took a little longer than expected because I wanted to do a significant but subtle mod to the thigh parts. I felt that the hips were set too wide originally and wanted to narrow them a tad to look more like the style sheets. Had to cast an intermediate part, blah-blah-blah I succeeded! ^_^

IMG_0511.JPG

5 minutes ago, coronadlux said:

What is the purpose of letting the molds air out? Do you somehow inject the resin  into the molds or Just pour it? Just curious.

I've found with Smooth-On (and most tin-cure silicones actually) that there is a minute amount of ammonia in the matrix that needs to evaporate before you use them. Otherwise, the first casting comes out sticky and is otherwise unusable due to the moisture reacting with the resin. The next 2-3 are generally also sticky but can be post-cured in the oven. So much easier (and less waste) just to air them out for a couple of days. Also, I haven't received the bonus figure from Exo yet so there's no rush.

2 hours ago, captain america said:

I've found with Smooth-On (and most tin-cure silicones actually) that there is a minute amount of ammonia in the matrix that needs to evaporate before you use them. Otherwise, the first casting comes out sticky and is otherwise unusable due to the moisture reacting with the resin. The next 2-3 are generally also sticky but can be post-cured in the oven. So much easier (and less waste) just to air them out for a couple of days. Also, I haven't received the bonus figure from Exo yet so there's no rush.

Cool. Which smooth-on rubber and resin do you use? 

18 hours ago, captain america said:

Mold-Max 30 and Smooth-Cast 310 respectively.

Thanks. I recently used smooth-on 30 to make a mold and found it really nice. 

Do you use a pressure chamber for the resin, or just pour? 

Edited by arbit

On 6/9/2017 at 5:18 AM, arbit said:

Thanks. I recently used smooth-on 30 to make a mold and found it really nice. 

Do you use a pressure chamber for the resin, or just pour? 

Because of the moisture-sensitivity of the resin, you have to pressurize the resin.

Also a Monday update: the first castings didn't come out as expected...

They came out bettar! :lol:

But don't take my word for it, see for yourselves.

IMG_0514.JPG