Hi everyone, long time no see! ^_^

I was wondering, since there's a minor revival of MOSPEADA with the upcoming Legioss toy, if anyone would be interested in acquiring some of my Space Crab kits? My thoughts would be to re-issue the Pinky Space Crab [Gurab] to start with. I would basically need 10 orders minimum to get the project going. 

Update: Exo has graciously offered a 1/48 scale figure to compliment the Pinky kit, so each Crab will come with one. THREE CHEERS FOR EXO!!! :)

Price would be $134 CAD (about $99 US)+ shipping with up-front payment required.

Shipping prices are as follows:

-$23 CAD for up to 2 kits shipped in Canada or the US

-$45 CAD for up to 2 kits shipped internationally.

Any takers?

pinky space crab poster.jpg

DSCF4865.JPG

Edited by captain america

31 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Hi!

I may be interested. Just have a noob question: is this a resin kit? And if it is, how difficult it is building / painting a resin kit compared to a regular kit?

Hope it's ok to answer this one. From what I know this is a resin kit and not injection styrene kit. Resin Kit is more difficult compared to regular kits. Example, a regular Gundam kit you can snap build it with or without cleaning it up or washing it. You can paint it directly on regular kits without primer, etc. Whereas with Resin Kits, you really need to clean it thoroughly, check out for inconsistencies, remove mold seams or any air bubble trapped in the resin mold. It's more work than regular kit. You can google some info about it, or even YouTube some video tutorials. But since this Captain's resin, I'm sure it's much cleaner than super mass produced ones.

Edited by no3Ljm

38 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hope it's ok to answer this one. From what I know this is a resin kit and not injection styrene kit. Resin Kit is more difficult compared to regular kits. Example, a regular Gundam kit you can snap build it with or without cleaning it up or washing it. You can paint it directly on regular kits without primer, etc. Whereas with Resin Kits, you really need to clean it thoroughly, check out for inconsistencies, remove mold seams or any air bubble trapped in the resin mold. It's more work than regular kit. You can google some info about it, or even YouTube some video tutorials. But since this Captain's resin, I'm sure it's much cleaner than super mass produced ones.

Thanks for the answer. I haven't put together many model kits before, but I really love how this Inbit design looks.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

Thanks for the answer. I haven't put together many model kits before, but I really love how this Inbit design looks.

They are definitely a bit more challenging than plastic kits. They tend to require more sanding and putty work but for what it's worth, I use a good quality release agent that means that you can just wash the parts with some soapy water and they're good to prime/paint.

I can vouch for ALL of Cap's Invid kits, I own and have built them all. He uses very good resin and the finished product is great, if you are willing to put in the work.  I will say that this one, I felt was the most difficult of the four types released and I would not recommend these to someone who has never worked with a resin kit before. Not trying to scare anyone off, just wanted to share my thoughts on this. 

7 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I can vouch for ALL of Cap's Invid kits, I own and have built them all. He uses very good resin and the finished product is great, if you are willing to put in the work.  I will say that this one, I felt was the most difficult of the four types released and I would not recommend these to someone who has never worked with a resin kit before. Not trying to scare anyone off, just wanted to share my thoughts on this. 

That's discouraging. I see this as my only chance to get an "invid schocktrooper"

25 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

That's discouraging. I see this as my only chance to get an "invid schocktrooper"

If you really want a Gurab (Shock Trooper), Captain's is certainly the best, if not the only, option out there... the chances of any company releasing a mass market, or even limited release, plastic kit are near zero.  Finances permitting, I would recommend you get one and put it aside until your skills catch up with the resin kit's required competence... and it's not that much of a challenge if you have a few models under your belt; more difficult and demanding to be sure, but not overwhelming.

i have lots more in progress build pics i can post and I also created a step by step "How to build resin kits" thread here a while back, but i don't remember where i posted it. It's something i wish i had had when I started building resin kits! Happy to help with any feedback and pics! And yes, definitely buy the kits now as he makes them available and wait to build them when you think your are ready! 

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

I agree. Buy it and set it aside. Then, buy a cheap resin kit off eBay to practice. 

My 1st resin kit was a Sailor moon kit for my sister. Then, I jumped on the evangelion kits without fear.

On 5/22/2017 at 11:35 AM, captain america said:

Hi everyone, long time no see! ^_^

I was wondering, since there's a minor revival of MOSPEADA with the upcoming Legioss toy, if anyone would be interested in acquiring some of my Space Crab kits? My thoughts would be to re-issue the Pinky Space Crab [Gurab] to start with. I would basically need 10 orders minimum to get the project going. 

Price would be $134 CAD (about $99 US)+ shipping with up-front payment required. Any takers?

wow! Captain America is coming out of retirement. any newcomers reading: buy this, i got one and the kits are top notch!

david

Hi guys!

I'm happy to report that the minimum order quantity has been met and I will now proceed with the kits!  I'm ready to start with mold-prep this week and have updated the shipping info. Please contact me via PM so I can provide the payment details, as I will now be taking payments. For any other questions, just ask. :) 

8 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

When's the cut-off for orders?  How long do I - I mean, a friend, have to scrape together funds?  Uh... asking... for a friend... :huh:

Lol! Tell your "friend" that I'm happy to take an extra order here or there. The molding will commence when I have 10 orders paid-up, which should be by the end of this week/beginning of the next. In any case, PM me if you--uh, I mean your friend wants one. ^_^

On 5/23/2017 at 11:09 AM, derex3592 said:

i have lots more in progress build pics i can post and I also created a step by step "How to build resin kits" thread here a while back, but i don't remember where i posted it. It's something i wish i had had when I started building resin kits! Happy to help with any feedback and pics! And yes, definitely buy the kits now as he makes them available and wait to build them when you think your are ready! 

IMG_1429.JPG

IMG_1430.JPG

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

Hey derex, do you have a picture of your Inbit's standing next to a Legioss by chance? 

Really tempted to get one of these! 

On 5/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, derex3592 said:

i have lots more in progress build pics i can post and I also created a step by step "How to build resin kits" thread here a while back, but i don't remember where i posted it.

Could you find this link?

17 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Hey derex, do you have a picture of your Inbit's standing next to a Legioss by chance? 

Really tempted to get one of these! 

I can make that happen tomorrow, no problem. It will be a Toynami Alpha, but pretty close in scale--sorta...depending on which episode you watch!

2 hours ago, arbit said:

Could you find this link?

I have tried and no luck so far! Will try more this weekend! 

24 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I have tried and no luck so far! Will try more this weekend! 

Never built a resin. I need to learn quick so I can trade in my Matchbox Invid.