Lancer II 3D

latheboy

Hi,

I modelled a Lancer II 1:1 scale and built an assembly in Solidworks, still need to do the cockpit but I'm fairly happy so far.

On the weekend I got a 3D print so I've scaled it to 1:100 and modified the model to make it usable.

Changed some of the details and removed others.

In the process of printing now, Radar wing is done and I cut the main body down the middle for easy printing, also finished.

I've had the printer for 2 days and have only printed 2 supplied models before trying this so I've got some learning to do.

Hopefully I'll have a physical model to post a picture of tomorrow :) 

On the subject of scale, What scale do most people work to?

SF-3A Lancer 11.JPG

Edited by latheboy
sppeeeeellling

There are as many scales here as members! You won't be able to please everyone, but a few. With a screen name of latheboy, I thought you would have turned the barrels ^_^ - MT

Ha, well I did model it in 1:1 for a reason... I have a full machine shop (lathes up to 500mm diameter and 3 metres long, mills, laser cutters, welders etc etc) so once the design is complete I can start building a real one hahahaha.

I'm going to get all my model kits out of storage and see what I have and scale from there.