Model Graphix Macross Archives Magazine

Shawn

Good question.  I don't have the answer, but Google brings up some pages with additional info (in Japanese):

http://www.ms-plus.com/75492

and a bigger pict of the cover: http://samada08.blog10.fc2.com/blog-entry-2346.html

It appears that it's planning to be released on May 12.

I just got the Star Wars Modeling Archive from HLJ. I hope they list the Macross one soon, as I'd prefer to order it from them. They're really great to deal with - I wish I'd learned about them sooner than just a year or so ago.

I've been looking in all the local Tsutayas for this book, but no luck so far....may have to jist order it, but would have been nice to flip through it first.

Edited by peter

On 5/16/2017 at 10:54 PM, Shawn said:

Anyone get this yet? Curious as to what is inside.

Thanks!
Shawn

You probably have all the older Model Graphix where the pics in this book come from....

The book basically collects all the Macross kit builds showcased on Model Graphix throughout the years....

Here is a sampling....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/29133-macross-books/?do=findComment&comment=1341164

Got mine yesterday.  If I had a chance to flip through it in advance, I probably would not buy it for 4,000 yen.

Got it for the cover, was hoping it would have more SDF and DYRL stuff, but had a lot of other junk I wasn't interested in.

As was cited earlier, I already had a lot of the Model Graphix issues with models I was interested in.

Edited by peter

On 5/23/2017 at 8:29 AM, peter said:

Got mine yesterday.  If I had a chance to flip through it in advance, I probably would not buy it for 4,000 yen.

Got it for the cover, was hoping it would have more SDF and DYRL stuff, but had a lot of other junk I wasn't interested in.

As was cited earlier, I already had a lot of the Model Graphix issues with models I was interested in.

I have to agree with peter. I spent a buncha money on a book that had stuff that was a compilation of stuff I already had.

Think it's more for people like me that didn't have a chance to get all the Model Graphix issues of the past that were around. This is a neat way of getting them all in one book as opposed to hunting for several issues.

I'm happy I bought it.

On 5/24/2017 at 3:52 PM, Gabe Q said:

I have to agree with peter. I spent a buncha money on a book that had stuff that was a compilation of stuff I already had.

I should say though, I probably should have waited until a copy showed up at Bookoff or something.  Probably would have picked up a used copy for under 1,000 yen.

• 1 month later...