Thanks guys.

Close - Nah, the bricks are totally stable. They have so much weight, and the desk has so much support in the shelving, that you have to hit it pretty hard for a topple to occur, and Im super careful. Not the prettiest solution, but it does the job :)

yeah hes awesome. im breaking my wallet with all these hot toys. i managed to pick up a midas ironman but i have like 7 preorders coming up this month lol. like man of steel, sideshow baroness, super alloy new 52 superman! gonna run me like 2 grand. at least i have no bad habbits lol, unless you count coronas and bacardi lmao

Edited by Bahamutzyro

only problem with a thanos is that he is not the main villain in guardians of the galaxy, its ronin the accuser. they are definitely leading into the infinity gauntlet though. the collector at the end of the thor dark world movie confirms that as the collector was in thanos quest when he obtained the infinity gems. my hopes and dreams of 20 plus years finally to come true! thanos on the big sceen!

You know you have to cut some corners to afford this hobby, just that Scream Man did it literally. :lol:

Kidding, very nice collection of everything and cool VF-11C Fokker, hope you don't live in a place prone to earthquakes.

Nah mate, no Earthquakes in Sydney :)

OMG!!! That VF-11 OWNS ALL!!!! I'll be throwing mine in the trash now.... :unsure::wacko:

I'll have it!

Go a 1/48 scale DYRL Max VF-1A on the way. :) Couple of questions was 1/60 the only scale that the VF-1S Max was released in [i know there no 48 or 55 scale versions but was there a 72 scale or lower one? Also was Max's TV 1A released in 1/55 scale? Can't seem to find one in that scale. Only 48 and 60.

Go a 1/48 scale DYRL Max VF-1A on the way. :) Couple of questions was 1/60 the only scale that the VF-1S Max was released in [i know there no 48 or 55 scale versions but was there a 72 scale or lower one? Also was Max's TV 1A released in 1/55 scale? Can't seem to find one in that scale. Only 48 and 60.

Maybe I can answer part of it. The 1S max was never released in 1/48 scale. Remembered back then I bought a 1S head off a member here and repainted the arrows with blue to make my custom Max 1S. I believe they dont have TV 1A in 1/55 scale either, but I saw some members did customize them into one.

The Max VF-1S was only released in 1/60 scale (version 2) by Yamato.

The Max VF-1A was released in 1/48 (DYRL and limited TV) and 1/60 scale (versions 1 (DYRL) and 2 (DYRL and TV)) by Yamato.

The Max VF-1J was released by Takatoku in 1/55 scale, in 1/48 scale and in 1/60 scale (versions 1 and 2) by Yamato.

You should check out Jenius' blog at; http://anymoon.com/blog/ for a LOT of history and details on various toy releases.

-b.

Bandai reissues included a 1/55 Super Max 1A.

There's one on mandrake now for 60$

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1245806.html

And back on topic....

I finally figured out a good way to display boxes without sacrificing a closet!

Duh, behind the glass!

287iwOT.jpg

Just gotta unpack more to fill them in!

Edited by skullmilitia

And back on topic....

Duh, behind the glass!

*snip*

Ah, stand corrected.

Nice display.

-b.

And back on topic....

Duh, behind the glass!

287iwOT.jpg

Wow, you've got yourself a VF-4 Gerwalk going there too!

I've been messing around with the VF-4's legs, and the VF-4 has better Gerwalk possibility than the VF-1.

There's a hidden joint in the ankle that moves a lot, but it's very very tight, and gives you the idea it might break.

In the end it gives a good range, and holds itself up really, really well.

I've been messing around with the VF-4's legs, and the VF-4 has better Gerwalk possibility than the VF-1.

There's a hidden joint in the ankle that moves a lot, but it's very very tight, and gives you the idea it might break.

In the end it gives a good range, and holds itself up really, really well.

Looking good. Fill those cases up and snap more pictures!

I went to Ikea yesterday to get another Detolf because I can't even fit all my 1/60's inside the display cases anymore, but they were out and weren't getting more until April. Grrrr...

So I decided to at least get some lighting. Got some of the Dioder light strips... what a let down that was.

I tried setting it up when I got home and found that the cables for the light strips are less than half the length that they used to be. You can't use them to properly light up the Detolf display cases anymore because the cables are no longer long enough to reach all the shelves. I tried instead using one unit to light the top shelf, and then another to light the third shelf down.

This is not in final state as I need to decide if I want to keep it like this and if so, try to manage the cords a bit better.

DSC_5530.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie