Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Big craigslist score!!!!!

4 Detolfs (mint) for 50 bucks!! Not bad hu?!?

I've been looking for a 4th detolf for over 2 weeks now and two days ago I saw this post for 1, and the lady wanted 40 bucks for one, I got her down to 30 so I was expecting a half broken shelf with baby slobber all over the glass, well when I got to their house,(45 min. Away) she opened her garage door and there where 3 detolfs there, so I started thinking I could probably get 2 from her for around 50 bucks, well after wheeling and dealing she said that she only had 4 of the small floor glasses and that she had another detolf inside! After back and forth for 10 min. she pretty much just said she wanted them gone for 55 dollars which was a weird number if you ask me. .... I said. "I'll just give you 50 bucks for all of them" , and she agreed.

So I got 4 detolfs(same color, dark brown/silver structure) & 4 small pieces of floor glass for 50 dollazzz!!!

post-15185-0-84105000-1384719086_thumb.jpg

I stopped by lowe's last night and got 8 pieces of non tempered glass for 3 bucks a pop. The only thing is that the glass itself is not as thick as the original and can't hold too much weight, but I figured I could put them on the bottom of each shelf just incase. I tested one out this morning on one of my current set ups and it held 5 small TF MP's (prowl,sideswipe etc..) so now that I will have PLENTY of space for 1 Valk per floor, I'm sure the glass will hold up just fine.

post-15185-0-90500400-1384719830_thumb.jpg

I also dropped by Walmart and picked up two rolls of black magic 5% VLT tint film for the back walls of the shelfs. I kind of like how the tint in the back give the shelfs a bit of a sleeker look instead of just seeing right thru your wall.

post-15185-0-27542200-1384719266_thumb.jpg

So since my current set up is all black(wood/metal structure/etc.)

And I want to keep that look, I will be customizing all 4 detolfs to match them.

I decide to go with black satin krylon fusion (non-prep, super bond paint)

I tested it out on the bottom part of the bottom wood shelf and the color is close enough! LoL

post-15185-0-24109400-1384720441_thumb.jpg

So now all I've got to do is convince my wife that I got all 4 detolfs because it was a great deal that I couldn't pass up and that it does not mean I will be going on a Valk purchase rampage!! LoL!!

I will post more pictures once I get things going!

Now I'm off to the paint both!! :) :) :)

That is the gundam base 1 stand with the shapeway adapter right?

Yes. The VF-1J is using the straight adapter while the Max 1A is using the banked left one. I have a banked right adapter and some more unassembled action bases. I need to rotate toys in/out of display more often.

Nice growth barurutor! Where/when did you get the TV 1S?

Thanks! I got that from Rakuten Terraformer shop almost a month ago. Its a "used" TV-1S with option parts (used but virtually new, didn't appear to be taken out of box at all). The TV super parts are from my 1J.

Edited by barurutor

• 3 weeks later...

We had professional pics taken because we're still trying to sell our house.

Amazing how his lens makes the office seem gigantic (its not really). The tile fish above the piano appear quite large on the wall in person, yet here they seem drastically small for the space. The photos are all so strange it like an alternate reality.

My lower left shelf was in flux that day - drat! - if I had thought about if I would have made sure that was set . . .

post-8486-0-54215700-1386597613_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarrinG

This belongs more in the Photography thread - but here is a quick comparison between my shots and theirs.

post-8486-0-88284500-1386855247_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-43080900-1386855519_thumb.jpg

And I did not realize until this moment you can spell it lens or lense - interesting.

To stay on the display topic - your Frontier shelf looks great TCracker - Now get some real estate pics of it and it will look massive!

This belongs more in the Photography thread - but here is a quick comparison between my shots and theirs.

attachicon.gifDiningRoom_Compare.jpg

attachicon.gifL_Room_Compare.jpg

And I did not realize until this moment you can spell it lens or lense - interesting.

To stay on the display topic - your Frontier shelf looks great TCracker - Now get some real estate pics of it and it will look massive!

It's amazing how everything changes by using wide-angle lenses. Regarding the variant spelling lense which is sometimes seen, according to this while it is listed as an alternative spelling in some dictionaries, most mainstream dictionaries do not list it as acceptable .