Macross Collection Display Thread

This came in today. Not bad for $88 shipped. I searched the entire internet and couldn't find a Roy for under $500. I ended up ordering a Max for $88 and I'm going to try and paint it or commission someone to paint it. I'll probably do it myself.

It doesn't look this dark in real life on top of the cab. It could use a little light though.

800309185_Helmet1.jpg.b346af0da9af316067e33f860c79d8cf.jpg

1663021492_Helmet2.jpg.281e7c0244e2a5ea7496371355f9cf25.jpg

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

This came in today. Not bad for $88 shipped. I searched the entire internet and couldn't find a Roy for under $500. I ended up ordering a Max for $88 and I'm going to try and paint it or commission someone to paint it. I'll probably do it myself.

It doesn't look this dark in real life on top of the cab. It could use a little light though.

800309185_Helmet1.jpg.b346af0da9af316067e33f860c79d8cf.jpg

1663021492_Helmet2.jpg.281e7c0244e2a5ea7496371355f9cf25.jpg

Ok, I couldn’t take it anymore. Max helmet ordered. 

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ok, I couldn’t take it anymore. Max helmet ordered. 

Mission accomplished!!!

For the money it was an insta buy for me.:good:

Maybe I should get another Max so I have a Roy (custom painted), Hikaru and Max............hmmmmmm.:unknw:

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Mission accomplished!!!

For the money it was an insta buy for me.:good:

Maybe I should get another Max so I have a Roy (custom painted), Hikaru and Max............hmmmmmm.:unknw:

Haha, make sure you pick up your certificate for Enabling 101. Points go to @dafunguy for planting the seed, @Kicker773 for always setting the bar high and @505thAirborne for the link to finish the job.

49 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just dug around some more on the net and found a Focker helmet!!!!

I'll have Max, Hikaru and Focker on display!:yahoo:

Nice, I saw a Jolly Rogers inspired one at the manufacturer website. Insane how much they want retail and how much less the ebay seller had them for. Hmmm...oh well.

15 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, make sure you pick up your certificate for Enabling 101. Points go to @dafunguy for planting the seed, @Kicker773 for always setting the bar high and @505thAirborne for the link to finish the job.

Haha. "Enabling" suggests that all this is bad behavior and we are steering you guys into making bad decisions  ...  which I don't believe is the case.  Instead, I would say we should all get certificates for being "supportive". 

14 minutes ago, dafunguy said:

Haha. "Enabling" suggests that all this is bad behavior and we are steering you guys into making bad decisions  ...  which I don't believe is the case.  Instead, I would say we should all get certificates for being "supportive". 

:lol: Whatever you need to tell yourself to get by.

9 hours ago, physioguy said:

I don’t have the most extensive collection, but thought I’d share my random collection of hi-metals, DX frontier valks and DX 1s

the little IKEA lights help

9C4AE7A9-66F2-4E35-8B6A-900FFA78718B.jpeg

Is that a BESTA Ikea shelf? How does your display look with the glass doors closed?

11 hours ago, physioguy said:

I don’t have the most extensive collection, but thought I’d share my random collection of hi-metals, DX frontier valks and DX 1s

Cool collection!! I like the arrangement.

15 hours ago, physioguy said:

Looks great! Love the shelves and lighting too!

On 6/5/2020 at 7:13 AM, Grey728 said:

Is that a BESTA Ikea shelf? How does your display look with the glass doors closed?

It is a Besta shelf, but I have the white painted glass doors, so not the best with doors closed... you can only see some shadows on the glass with the lights on.

Not dissing your display! It's nice! I wanted to purchase that diffuser myself so the LED strips would look more like a light stripe than dots. 

Edited by Grey728
  • 4 weeks later...