9 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Oh boy. I just kinda chucked everything back in the cabs to see what I'm working with. the answer.......not as much as I thought. Stuff is pretty spread out right now and I do have bunch of YetiStands to set up which will consolidate some. But, I have 13 valks in boxes and 6 more on PO. I have 9 Super Robots.....that are all 10" or taller too. Annnnnd, 4 ride armors. I have room for 3 Detolf's on another wall still. We're going to need a bigger boat.:p

Check this out. I don't know who posted up or where but I ordered these monitor stands the other day. They're really nice for these size figures.

Monitor Stands Link

Monitor Stands.jpg

Cabs 3.jpg

Whoa is that an ancient Earth ride armor? 

23 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's the problem, once you refit all the displays, next you'll want to do all your lights.

I started with just a couple swing-arm lamps for my work-bench.

The shop is already all LED. So much easier to work.

On 10/11/2019 at 11:48 AM, MKT said:

I ordered couple of sets, and so far I've had time to fix a shelf (pictured below, on the top shelf). The shelf may look a bit out of place compared to the default shelves, but they are sturdy and works well. In the web site, it says the shelf is rated to hold up to 12kg (!), though I've never tested it myself. I just want these shelves to use up the vertical space in the Detolfs, especially if the toys are in fighter mode.

OI8edlK.jpg

Holy giant YF-21, Batman!

What the heck is that? Looks like... 1/48 scale? Were there kits that big? All the ones I see now are 1/72. Or is that a trick of the light and it isn't actually as big as it looks?

On 10/14/2019 at 7:32 AM, sqidd said:

I had been in it 10yrs ago (not to this level). I sold my collection along with just about everything else of value I could convert to cash (motorcycles, Lego sets, firearms, etc) to help finance a new business. It killed me to do it, but sacrifices have ti be made sometimes.

For the past ten years I have been eyeballing toys and wanting to get back into it. About two years ago the business really started to come together and I started to have actual money that I didn't need to plow back into inventory or R&D.

Yeah, a few months back (8/19/19) I ordered my first toy for the new collection. I've gone a wee bit bonkers since then.:blink: I have a pile of loot still in boxes almost as big as what is displayed right now! It's now time to back off on acquisitions and get my display stuff all lined out. I'm starting to bump into space issues.

Damn dude. Congratulations that your business is doing so well, but... "wee bit bonkers" is probably an understatement! That's a scary huge amount of money to spend in under two months. It's easy to spend far more than planned with hobbies like these - please spend responsibly. (I'm not saying you haven't, it's just some people on these boards are a little too encouraging).

Edited by jeniusornome

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

What the heck is that? Looks like... 1/48 scale? Were there kits that big? All the ones I see now are 1/72. Or is that a trick of the light and it isn't actually as big as it looks?

I think that's the 1/60, and the one in the back is a Gnu-Dou or something.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

6 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Damn dude. Congratulations that your business is doing so well, but... "wee bit bonkers" is probably an understatement! That's a scary huge amount of money to spend in under two months. It's easy to spend far more than planned with hobbies like these - please spend responsibly. (I'm not saying you haven't, it's just some people on these boards are a little too encouraging).

Thanks! It's been a long road and a LOT of work. Still growing though. Adding a new department right now (even more work!:D).

Yeah, it's easy to get out of hand. I've been responsible in regards to not over spending resources. Borderline though. Right now I'm running into display constraints so purchasing frequency is going to be backing off for a bit anyway. I need to devise more display options.:good: And, my wallet could use a break.:p

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

Thanks! It's been a long road and a LOT of work. Still growing though. Adding a new department right now (even more work!:D).

Yeah, it's easy to get out of hand. I've been responsible in regards to not over spending resources. Borderline though. Right now I'm running into display constraints so purchasing frequency is going to be backing off for a bit anyway. I need to devise more display options.:good: And, my wallet could use a break.:p

I like a lot of different wall shelf and display options. Saves space and looks good. Yetistands straight off the wall are good too. 

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I like a lot of different wall shelf and display options. Saves space and looks good. Yetistands straight off the wall are good too. 

I set a rule for myself when I started this. Everything is going to behind glass. I will never ever dust them (I know myself). As much as some of this costs, I can't live with letting them get dusty. I'm going as far as to black out the windows today so they never see sunlight. And they never saw much at all. In the middle of the day you still have to use the lights in the office. There is very little coming in through the windows. Northern exposure, large overhang and tress.

On the opposite wall from the cabinets I'm parking 3 Detolf's. They're going up on a 28" tall base so they're above the top surface of my desk. In effect, they will be "wall mounted" because they will go almost all the way to the ceiling. Once I'm filled up there, the office is full.:cray:

The wife and I have been looking at houses for the past 6mo. We're not in a hurry at all. But eventually we want some property and I am going to need a 3000-4000sq ft building in the next few years. I would build it on the property (if it didn't already have something). You better believe that while house shopping a toy room/office (I don't want my office in the out building) of appropriate size is part of the criteria.:D So is something that can be used as a "Theater". That's going to be dark by nature. that could be toy space also.

11 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Holy giant YF-21, Batman!

10 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I think that's the 1/60, and the one in the back is a Gnu-Dou or something.

Yup, @Sanity is Optional is spot on.

It took quite some consideration to get the Yamato GNU-Dou figures at first, because well, they don't transform! But as I don't really play with my stuff much, and spend more time curating the displays instead, I thought they'll be a great way to showcase battroid mode without spending a lot on doubles or triples of the 1/60 Macross Plus items for display. I'm comparatively late to the collection scene, so it took quite a while to find even just one unit of the 1/60 YF-21 & VF-11b at prices I was willing to fork out.   

Once I got the GUN-Dou figures in hand though, I'm quite happy with them. For its size, they punch well above their rather paltry prices they sometimes pop up at Mandarake these days - the sculpt is sharp, the plastics are sturdy, and they look anime accurate. They could do with a tad more articulation, but I understood from @jenius reviews that there are upgrade parts kit for that.

Some pics while having fun with them.. (Used the VF-19 Advance as stand-in for the YF-19, which is currently boxed up)

4ku2Lqs.jpg

p12EEsc.jpg

HaNzH0y.jpg

But best of all, they also come in colour schemes that isn't available on any other toy lines (but model kits perhaps?)..

UCwv82V.jpg

Edited by MKT
words..

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

I set a rule for myself when I started this. Everything is going to behind glass. I will never ever dust them (I know myself). As much as some of this costs, I can't live with letting them get dusty. I'm going as far as to black out the windows today so they never see sunlight. And they never saw much at all. In the middle of the day you still have to use the lights in the office. There is very little coming in through the windows. Northern exposure, large overhang and tress.

On the opposite wall from the cabinets I'm parking 3 Detolf's. They're going up on a 28" tall base so they're above the top surface of my desk. In effect, they will be "wall mounted" because they will go almost all the way to the ceiling. Once I'm filled up there, the office is full.:cray:

The wife and I have been looking at houses for the past 6mo. We're not in a hurry at all. But eventually we want some property and I am going to need a 3000-4000sq ft building in the next few years. I would build it on the property (if it didn't already have something). You better believe that while house shopping a toy room/office (I don't want my office in the out building) of appropriate size is part of the criteria.:D So is something that can be used as a "Theater". That's going to be dark by nature. that could be toy space also.

Sounds like a good future! Moving those cabinets...Ooof!:D

Unboxed two more M&M's tonight and set them up on YetiStands @ChaoticYeti. These stands are life savers! No way I could stuff that many M&M's (four 1/48's and two 1/60's) in that space without them. I still have some tweaking to do, but it's a good start.

Next, HMR M&M's.

M&M 4.jpg

On 10/19/2019 at 11:56 PM, MKT said:

But best of all, they also come in colour schemes that isn't available on any other toy lines (but model kits perhaps?)..

UCwv82V.jpg

Surprise!  Yamato produced transformable toys of both those variants over a decade ago.  :p

51JukBgYmRL.jpgymt00182box.png

21 minutes ago, jenius said:

Negative, the 11C is not the same as that VF-X VF-11.

Ah, that explains the lack of yellow highlights.  I stand corrected.

19 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think that one's an Aegis Focker custom.

Close, but his apparently didn't have the yellow stripes on the canards...

vf-11b-vfx2-battroid.gif

2 hours ago, borgified said:

I think you surpassed the amount that  @Shizuka the Cat as spent overall in a short amount of time to amass your collection for the time being @sqidd and your still getting stuff! :o 

Wait until it's all unpacked!:D I've got (rough guesses) 13-14 valks, 6-7 Super Robots and a few bits and bobs in boxes still. And 6 more Valks on PO.

This has admittedly gotten a bit out of hand. :unknw:

18 hours ago, borgified said:

I think you surpassed the amount that  @Shizuka the Cat as spent overall in a short amount of time to amass your collection for the time being @sqidd and your still getting stuff! :o 

In the year and a half since I started collecting,  I think I spent close to $18,000 on Macross toys and related expenses (shipping, display stands, shelving, etc.).

*sigh*

Did I mention my lack of self-control?

34 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

In the year and a half since I started collecting,  I think I spent close to $18,000 on Macross toys and related expenses (shipping, display stands, shelving, etc.).

*sigh*

Did I mention my lack of self-control?

Have you mentioned it to your fiance yet?

On 10/23/2019 at 3:45 AM, borgified said:

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I think I spent close to $18,000

I just totaled up my spreadsheets. Um, yeah. I doubled that.:blink:

"Hi, my name is sqidd and I have a problem............"

Edited by sqidd

32 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Oh yeah!! The natural paring to the DX YF-19, which i got 3 copies of, as i was expecting the 21 to show up.
The thread for the DX YF-21 is up with pics and me squealing like a pig. 

Am a macrossholic too.

I hadn't been in the main forum yet. Great news! Thanks!