1 hour ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

E392E11B-4760-476A-85C9-3369ACB502EC.jpeg

Nice setup!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Classy!! Nice touch with the 1J banner, mine is still folded :cray:

Is that a back lit wall, or a window? If its a wall, how did you backlight it over a large area?

Edited by seti88

7 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Love the way the VFs angle down and center for the most part. The best is seeing all those different stands doing the same angle depending on which side you look at.

Reminds me that there is no need to collect the same stand. Variety is good.

Great display!!!

....and thank you.

9 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Love the mix of launch arms, yetistands, and yeti adapters for the dx bases. 

15 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

:wub:

Posted (edited)

@Slave IV I keep thinking that Boba Fett is about to fly through the glass. I've always wanted one of those.

Edited by vlenhoff
Accidental double post, sorry.

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

@Slave IV I keep thinking that Boba Fett is about to fly through the glass. I've always wanted one of those.

It’s  the only Hot Toys I own. Had to have it!

i also love the various display stands @HayateAltoHunter used, especially the hybrid DX/Yeti. Not a fan of every Valk angled the same way because I prefer the variety to continue with the poses but I totally get what was going for. Very nicely done. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

It’s  the only Hot Toys I own. Had to have it!

i also love the various display stands @HayateAltoHunter used, especially the hybrid DX/Yeti. Not a fan of every Valk angled the same way because I prefer the variety to continue with the poses but I totally get what was going for. Very nicely done. 

i want a single Hot Toys in the Future. It is either... Luke... or Boba... Luke... or boba...

Edited by vlenhoff

10 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

i want a single Hot Toys in the Future. It is either... Luke... or Boba... Luke... or boba...

Luke is just some guy. I've never been big on action figures of regular looking people. I get the significance of the charater but the characters with the cool armor, alien or robotic designs are always more appealing to me. Boba all the way.

That being said, I am unlikely to buy any more Hot Toys...they look great but overall, not the quality and playability I was hoping for at the price they charge.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Luke is just some guy.

How dare you!

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

How dare you!

A whiny guy at that!:D ....Similar reason I'd much rather collect Valks than figures of the characters that fly them. When I was a kid, all my normal human looking action figures were cannon fooder and the badasses in masked outfits would be the victors. Usually ended up being between Snake Eyes and Boba Fett.

Edited by Slave IV

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

A whiny guy at that!:D ....Similar reason I'd much rather collect Valks than figures of the characters that fly them. When I was a kid, all my normal human looking action figures were cannon fooder and the badasses in masked outfits would be the victors. Usually ended up being between Snake Eyes and Boba Fett.

A whiny no-one who becomes a powerful jedi, and saves his dad while also saving the galaxy.

Shall I count the number of seconds Boba appears in the OT?

Totally kidding, I love both characters!

Edited by vlenhoff

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

A whiny no-one who becomes a powerful jedi, and saves his dad while also saving the galaxy.

Shall I count the number of seconds Boba appears in the OT?

Totally kidding, I love both characters!

Just get Boba and put in in a display case with your Macross stuff so you can post it here.:D 

Appreciate the comments, Led strips line the inside of the two front sides, and i made display cards for each to resemble the collections and displays i always see pictures from the different toy fair events.  

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Just get Boba and put in in a display case with your Macross stuff so you can post it here.:D 

As tempting as that sounds, I still haven't made my mind up. Luke was my greatest hero growing up, other than Superman, I guess. I really want to find a good example, at some point. See that's the trick, Mark Hamill's face is hard to capture. So i am waiting for the one that best resembles him. 

4 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

As tempting as that sounds, I still haven't made my mind up. Luke was my greatest hero growing up, other than Superman, I guess. I really want to find a good example, at some point. See that's the trick, Mark Hamill's face is hard to capture. So i am waiting for the one that best resembles him. 

So get Boba now and Luke when a good enough one emerges. :D

Just messing with ya;)

I just impulse ordered Kaname to complete my Walkure collection so as a preview of what’s to come, some pics of my old Delta Display with Walkure

Macross_Delta_Makina_DSC06515.jpg.fa2f3fd0d3ddbd8e1c1ba23cfeaaa8a7.jpg04B9E7F9-A32F-48FB-B739-47770965B658.thumb.jpeg.e4903b9b2387bf8195c788c2afcb63f6.jpeg

At least the fishing line method to hang up Luca and the 25a looks better than using the stands as it adds more realism @SuNDuK. ;)

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SuNDuK said:

Slowly moving my collection on new apartaments (: Half it there!

Looks good!  Not to disparage your display, but if you want a more invisible string, try fluorocarbon fishing line.  It's more expensive but thinner and clearer than regular mono line.

Edited by Pontus

1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

4165221D-37A7-4E55-9ED5-BDF06F06812C.thumb.jpeg.b7538538425077742608339716779339.jpeg

Is this Mike Salzo’s Kit? Ver 1 or 2?

Looks incredible!

I am still waiting for him to make a 1/48 version.

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Looks good!  Not to disparage your display, but if you want a more invisible string, try fluorocarbon fishing line.  It's more expensive but thinner and clearer than regular mono line.

Yep, it was first test and i thought right about this! To make it more invisible. Thank you for advice! 

On 8/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, HayateAltoHunter said:

Are those Detolf's? Where did you get the pedestals they're on (I'm guessing IKA, but what are they called)? The main thing I don't like about the Detolf's is that the bottom display section/cube is on the ground. I like what you did there.

On 8/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, HayateAltoHunter said:

Can you take a close up pick of some of those cards next to the figures? What do you have going on there?

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Are those Detolf's? The main thing I don't like about the Detolf's is that the bottom display section/cube is on the ground. I like what you did there.

I can tell you that's the IKEA Klingsblo upright version. 

There's other display case options that you can find from Ikea and look through Craigslist if you want more variety and more budget friendly options.    

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, borgified said:

I can tell you that's the IKEA Klingsblo upright version. 

There's other display case options that you can find from Ikea and look through Craigslist if you want more variety and more budget friendly options.    

My problem has been finding just the right stuff. I looked at everything new and couldn't really find what I wanted. Found some cabinets that are pretty good on FB. But I'm going to need more room.

Cabinets 1.jpg

cabinets 2.jpg

Edited by sqidd

15 hours ago, sqidd said:

Are those Detolf's? Where did you get the pedestals they're on (I'm guessing IKA, but what are they called)? The main thing I don't like about the Detolf's is that the bottom display section/cube is on the ground. I like what you did there.

Thanks!!!

So, these are modified IKEA Klingsbo cabinets, they sit on a TV stand i got from Amazon. 

I actually wish i had gone with the Detolf’s way back when as it took quite a bit of effort to take a metal saw to the curved bottom portion of the cabinet legs. 

The Detolf also gives more clearance between each shelf than these. 

12 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Can you take a close up pick of some of those cards next to the figures? What do you have going on there?

48639696582_41de08f719_z.jpg.616be38ca232f17f6a7c5f7be2d2ea3e.jpg48639206458_d7c83a9bfd_z.jpg.008df80d14d6db9622c8580ab01a7d91.jpg

48639696597_484a7fb549_z.jpg

48639554766_5bd5bdfbb8_z.jpg

48639554631_697c758062_z.jpg

48639696457_babda5af69_z.jpg

48639554676_434c9f318d_z.jpg

54 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Thanks!!!

So, these are modified IKEA Klingsbo cabinets, they sit on a TV stand i got from Amazon. 

I actually wish i had gone with the Detolf’s way back when as it took quite a bit of effort to take a metal saw to the curved bottom portion of the cabinet legs. 

The Detolf also gives more clearance between each shelf than these. 

Thanks for the heads up.

BTW: We have very similar collections/tastes.

34 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

:good::good: Always nice to see displays with small touches....