Jump to content
KiriK

Macross Collection Display Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

E392E11B-4760-476A-85C9-3369ACB502EC.jpeg

Nice setup!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

 

Classy!! Nice touch with the 1J banner, mine is still folded :cray:

Is that a back lit wall, or a window? If its a wall, how did you backlight it over a large area?

Edited by seti88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

E392E11B-4760-476A-85C9-3369ACB502EC.jpeg

Love the way the VFs angle down and center for the most part. The best is seeing all those different stands doing the same angle depending on which side you look at.

Reminds me that there is no need to collect the same stand. Variety is good.

Great display!!!

 

....and thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

Love the mix of launch arms, yetistands, and yeti adapters for the dx bases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

E392E11B-4760-476A-85C9-3369ACB502EC.jpeg

:wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Slave IV I keep thinking that Boba Fett is about to fly through the glass. I've always wanted one of those.

Edited by vlenhoff
Accidental double post, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

@Slave IV I keep thinking that Boba Fett is about to fly through the glass. I've always wanted one of those.

It’s  the only Hot Toys I own. Had to have it!

i also love the various display stands @HayateAltoHunter used, especially the hybrid DX/Yeti. Not a fan of every Valk angled the same way because I prefer the variety to continue with the poses but I totally get what was going for. Very nicely done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

It’s  the only Hot Toys I own. Had to have it!

i also love the various display stands @HayateAltoHunter used, especially the hybrid DX/Yeti. Not a fan of every Valk angled the same way because I prefer the variety to continue with the poses but I totally get what was going for. Very nicely done. 

i want a single Hot Toys in the Future. It is either... Luke... or Boba... Luke... or boba...

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

i want a single Hot Toys in the Future. It is either... Luke... or Boba... Luke... or boba...

Luke is just some guy. I've never been big on action figures of regular looking people. I get the significance of the charater but the characters with the cool armor, alien or robotic designs are always more appealing to me. Boba all the way.

That being said, I am unlikely to buy any more Hot Toys...they look great but overall, not the quality and playability I was hoping for at the price they charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Luke is just some guy.

How dare you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

How dare you!

A whiny guy at that!:D ....Similar reason I'd much rather collect Valks than figures of the characters that fly them. When I was a kid, all my normal human looking action figures were cannon fooder and the badasses in masked outfits would be the victors. Usually ended up being between Snake Eyes and Boba Fett.

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

A whiny guy at that!:D ....Similar reason I'd much rather collect Valks than figures of the characters that fly them. When I was a kid, all my normal human looking action figures were cannon fooder and the badasses in masked outfits would be the victors. Usually ended up being between Snake Eyes and Boba Fett.

A whiny no-one who becomes a powerful jedi, and saves his dad while also saving the galaxy.

Shall I count the number of seconds Boba appears in the OT?

Totally kidding, I love both characters!

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

A whiny no-one who becomes a powerful jedi, and saves his dad while also saving the galaxy.

Shall I count the number of seconds Boba appears in the OT?

Totally kidding, I love both characters!

Just get Boba and put in in a display case with your Macross stuff so you can post it here.:D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciate the comments, Led strips line the inside of the two front sides, and i made display cards for each to resemble the collections and displays i always see pictures from the different toy fair events.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Just get Boba and put in in a display case with your Macross stuff so you can post it here.:D 

As tempting as that sounds, I still haven't made my mind up. Luke was my greatest hero growing up, other than Superman, I guess. I really want to find a good example, at some point. See that's the trick, Mark Hamill's face is hard to capture. So i am waiting for the one that best resembles him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

As tempting as that sounds, I still haven't made my mind up. Luke was my greatest hero growing up, other than Superman, I guess. I really want to find a good example, at some point. See that's the trick, Mark Hamill's face is hard to capture. So i am waiting for the one that best resembles him. 

So get Boba now and Luke when a good enough one emerges. :D

Just messing with ya;)

I just impulse ordered Kaname to complete my Walkure collection so as a preview of what’s to come, some pics of my old Delta Display with Walkure

Macross_Delta_Makina_DSC06515.jpg.fa2f3fd0d3ddbd8e1c1ba23cfeaaa8a7.jpg04B9E7F9-A32F-48FB-B739-47770965B658.thumb.jpeg.e4903b9b2387bf8195c788c2afcb63f6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least the fishing line method to hang up Luca and the 25a looks better than using the stands as it adds more realism @SuNDuK. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SuNDuK said:

Slowly moving my collection on new apartaments (: Half it there!

Looks good!  Not to disparage your display, but if you want a more invisible string, try fluorocarbon fishing line.  It's more expensive but thinner and clearer than regular mono line.

Edited by Pontus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kicker773 said:

4165221D-37A7-4E55-9ED5-BDF06F06812C.thumb.jpeg.b7538538425077742608339716779339.jpeg

Is this Mike Salzo’s Kit? Ver 1 or 2?

Looks incredible!

I am still waiting for him to make a 1/48 version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Looks good!  Not to disparage your display, but if you want a more invisible string, try fluorocarbon fishing line.  It's more expensive but thinner and clearer than regular mono line.

Yep, it was first test and i thought right about this! To make it more invisible. Thank you for advice! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

E392E11B-4760-476A-85C9-3369ACB502EC.jpeg

Are those Detolf's? Where did you get the pedestals they're on (I'm guessing IKA, but what are they called)? The main thing I don't like about the Detolf's is that the bottom display section/cube is on the ground. I like what you did there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 5:01 PM, HayateAltoHunter said:

I was finally able to get stuff arranged 

E392E11B-4760-476A-85C9-3369ACB502EC.jpeg

Can you take a close up pick of some of those cards next to the figures? What do you have going on there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Are those Detolf's? The main thing I don't like about the Detolf's is that the bottom display section/cube is on the ground. I like what you did there.

I can tell you that's the IKEA Klingsblo upright version. 

There's other display case options that you can find from Ikea and look through Craigslist if you want more variety and more budget friendly options.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, borgified said:

I can tell you that's the IKEA Klingsblo upright version. 

There's other display case options that you can find from Ikea and look through Craigslist if you want more variety and more budget friendly options.    

 

My problem has been finding just the right stuff. I looked at everything new and couldn't really find what I wanted. Found some cabinets that are pretty good on FB. But I'm going to need more room.

 

Cabinets 1.jpg

cabinets 2.jpg

Edited by sqidd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, sqidd said:

Are those Detolf's? Where did you get the pedestals they're on (I'm guessing IKA, but what are they called)? The main thing I don't like about the Detolf's is that the bottom display section/cube is on the ground. I like what you did there.

 

Thanks!!!

So, these are modified IKEA Klingsbo cabinets, they sit on a TV stand i got from Amazon. 

 

I actually wish i had gone with the Detolf’s way back when as it took quite a bit of effort to take a metal saw to the curved bottom portion of the cabinet legs. 

The Detolf also gives more clearance between each shelf than these. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Can you take a close up pick of some of those cards next to the figures? What do you have going on there?

48639696582_41de08f719_z.jpg.616be38ca232f17f6a7c5f7be2d2ea3e.jpg48639206458_d7c83a9bfd_z.jpg.008df80d14d6db9622c8580ab01a7d91.jpg

48639696597_484a7fb549_z.jpg

48639554766_5bd5bdfbb8_z.jpg

48639554631_697c758062_z.jpg

48639696457_babda5af69_z.jpg

48639554676_434c9f318d_z.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Thanks!!!

So, these are modified IKEA Klingsbo cabinets, they sit on a TV stand i got from Amazon. 

 

I actually wish i had gone with the Detolf’s way back when as it took quite a bit of effort to take a metal saw to the curved bottom portion of the cabinet legs. 

The Detolf also gives more clearance between each shelf than these. 

 

 

Thanks for the heads up.

 

BTW: We have very similar collections/tastes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

:good::good: Always nice to see displays with small touches....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...