KiriK

Macross Collection Display Thread

Just now, hkj711 said:

Nice collection! I've been getting some of the weathering versions and only want  the Roy VF-1S at this point.  Unfortunately, the Roy VF-1S is proving a bit hard to find for a decent price.

hey hkj711, i'll keep a lookout for you. i see him pop up once in awhile. i know the weathering versions don't come up too often.  did you see ChristopherB's sale's thread? i know it's taken already but he had a roy weathering up for grabs a few days ago.

if i see another roy weathering, i'll pm you:) if you're interested in a Hikaru 1s weathering let me know, i seen one available.  

6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey hkj711, i'll keep a lookout for you. i see him pop up once in awhile. i know the weathering versions don't come up too often.  did you see ChristopherB's sale's thread? i know it's taken already but he had a roy weathering up for grabs a few days ago.

if i see another roy weathering, i'll pm you:) if you're interested in a Hikaru 1s weathering let me know, i seen one available.  

Thanks David! Appreciate your help! Yeah, I saw ChristopherB's sale but I would like to get one complete with a box. As for Hikaru, I already picked one up at Jungle a little while ago so I'm good there! Thanks again and please keep posting pics of your amazing collection!

Edited by hkj711

2 hours ago, hkj711 said:

Nice collection! I've been getting some of the weathering versions and only want  the Roy VF-1S at this point.  Unfortunately, the Roy VF-1S is proving a bit hard to find for a decent price.

I agree! All weathering versions are expensive now, decent price for those models is almost impossible!

Edited by Darotower

12 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Hey great shelf Darotower =) yeah definitely wrap them,  i can see the  VT-1 box on your shelf already bending in the backm at least tie a thin strip that you can slide on and off easy to keep it in shape

just rearranged my display table below =)

+1

yes! join in the on wrapping! you can do it =)

Impressive collection David! I'm planning to wrap boxes with wrap plastic film and I can leave the one side of the box open to remove the tray/valkyrie

Many thanks to David for the recommendation on which cellophane wrap to use. I had tried this before and got a roll from Michaels but it was super thin and tore with nothing. I started wrapping some boxes last night, it really helped with my 1A Hikaru box. Im gonna do some more tonight, im starting with whatever i have handy, other stuff is buried deep in the closet :lol:

DF39933B-0CA6-4C5B-836A-A8D0CAAA5A5F.jpg

010E66FC-25B8-4B99-BF39-8BC9935A8423.jpg

32 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Many thanks to David for the recommendation on which cellophane wrap to use. I had tried this before and got a roll from Michaels but it was super thin and tore with nothing. I started wrapping some boxes last night, it really helped with my 1A Hikaru box. Im gonna do some more tonight, im starting with whatever i have handy, other stuff is buried deep in the closet :lol:

DF39933B-0CA6-4C5B-836A-A8D0CAAA5A5F.jpg

010E66FC-25B8-4B99-BF39-8BC9935A8423.jpg

that cellophane wrap looks great!

After you guys wrap those boxes combined with all your display layouts makes them look like they should belong in a museum!:lol:

Edited by hkj711

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

i got lost in time mouse scrolling sh9000's collection. :huh: ;)

:)

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Here is some of my MIB and MISB collection.

6m0EYqs.gif6m0EYqs.gif6m0EYqs.gif

And the key word..."some"

Incredible collection!

Edited by Slave IV

10 hours ago, Darotower said:

Impressive collection David! I'm planning to wrap boxes with wrap plastic film and I can leave the one side of the box open to remove the tray/valkyrie

hey Darotower,

in case you missed the link i shared, not sure if you have Prime but this stuff is quality at a good cost:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M02ASVX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 hour ago, hkj711 said:

After you guys wrap those boxes combined with all your display layouts makes them look like they should belong in a museum!:lol:

it'll very collectible for the next person if i ever give up the collection =)

On 5/5/2017 at 4:05 AM, Darotower said:

26, the whole Yamato VF-1 Collection except for the weathering versions! :D

Nice! :good:

On 5/5/2017 at 6:28 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

Plz spanner, you probably have just as many boxes:p 

hehe! yeah... I have more.. :lol: :unsure:

Sharing a few random pics I took while messing with a new backdrop. :) Just need to iron out the folds from shipping.

IMG_20170505_165415.thumb.jpg.d83379ad20ae304755d7cfd33ab58bc8.jpg

IMG_20170505_165605.thumb.jpg.47b2d854806ea0e529639cae095598e8.jpg

IMG_20170505_165815.thumb.jpg.608babb42667d9658f522b661050f1b9.jpg

IMG_20170505_170153.thumb.jpg.1e672d5c9f591383046a068bdb7d5ef1.jpg

IMG_20170505_170427.thumb.jpg.e8ddfdacd52ab727d4ccbc3fc8118549.jpg

IMG_20170505_171228.thumb.jpg.a6f55357864e1bdf0f7086ea292b085b.jpg

38 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Sharing a few random pics I took while messing with a new backdrop. :) Just need to iron out the folds from shipping.

*snips*

Would you know if a low heat iron takes out those wrinkles? Bought a cheap vinyl background to goof off with but couldn't figure out how to get rid of the wrinkles.

19 hours ago, seti88 said:

i got lost in time mouse scrolling sh9000's collection. :huh: ;)

You and me both. 

Many of you guys have very impressive collections. Makes me wish I had gotten into Macross earlier, back when the price of those 1/60s wasn't so high. Plus I just don't have the storage space. (Two reasons why I'm loving the HMR line.)

4 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Would you know if a low heat iron takes out those wrinkles? Bought a cheap vinyl background to goof off with but couldn't figure out how to get rid of the wrinkles.

I'll let you know after I attempt to iron it. :o

Hello,

Long time lurker, occasional poster, anyway, after a bad patch, picked collection a new, thought I'd share my small re-collection. 1st photo have 1/48 VF-1J which I still love with an Arcadia 1/60 VF-1S & VF-0D. Then Arcadia YF-19 with HMR Regult & Milia ;) the moon is some light I bought on sale thought it would give a neat affect at night.

IMG_20170502_073206.jpg

IMG_20170506_150539.jpg

You know you do too much customs when you can make an entire detolf floor with customs...

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

Most of us would have bought them if bandai made them, probably the Vajra budget went right into the renewal.

Edited by Xigfrid

Hey David. Thanks to you, now I understand why Mandarake or Jungle wraps their boxes with those platic wraps. ;) 

Before, I was so annoyed everytime I get those boxes from them. Now I understand. Thank you sir! ^_^ :drinks:

On 5/5/2017 at 2:12 AM, hkj711 said:

Thanks David! Appreciate your help! Yeah, I saw ChristopherB's sale but I would like to get one complete with a box. As for Hikaru, I already picked one up at Jungle a little while ago so I'm good there! Thanks again and please keep posting pics of your amazing collection!

hey hkj711, i found a few and will pm you. 

On 5/7/2017 at 1:34 AM, no3Ljm said:

Hey David. Thanks to you, now I understand why Mandarake or Jungle wraps their boxes with those platic wraps. ;) 

Before, I was so annoyed everytime I get those boxes from them. Now I understand. Thank you sir! ^_^ :drinks:

thanks man for the support bro:wub:

I need to retake stock of all the junk I actually have.. it stays packed away in a closet most of the time, but I've got a chance to reorganize this month.. hmmm. :lol:

15 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey hkj711, i found a few and will pm you. 

Thanks again David!

On 5/8/2017 at 7:24 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

thanks man for the support bro:wub:

Ha! What thank you? Supporting members here comes with a fee. And I need that VF-1J CF. Pronto! :lol:

Finally finished up my custom 1/60 Yamato Q-Rau Tv version!! I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG