15 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Love those VF-22's, very cool! B))

I wish they had designed the feet better!

13 hours ago, spanner said:

beautiful displays sh9000 & aaajin! B)) :D

Thanks! Working on the bottom level to include a 17S+FP & VF-4G

On 1/29/2017 at 0:42 AM, aaajin said:

Small collection display. Others (VF17S+FP & VF4G) are still sound asleep in their respective boxes.

IMG_3935.JPG

Nice to see the 1/60 destroids.  I kick myself for not trying harder to get that Rifleman Defender when it was still MSRP :(

Not so much showing off my collection as I am showing what most of my collection will be in. I put together my new display case recently and did the lighting earlier this Saturday using a 16ft LED light strip .

It was a pain in the butt putting the case together but I think it looks pretty nice and with a little more work, I think I will be able to dust proof it or at least make it harder for dust to get in. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to lay things out, but I stuck a bunch of stuff in to see how much I could fit. It definitely gave me more room to work with not having wasted space between three separate Detolfs. Unfortunately, I still can't fit everything in there. I'm hoping the YetiStand Detolf mounts will give me more to work with as well as some use of fishing line.

And yes... There's masking tape all over the VF-0's and the 0A looks funny because I had just re-painted the blue parts to a more proper gray while waiting for a couple VF-171EX's to dry in the dining room.

7jr1Lp_WgmEXCinWlJ-rXHrXMGxczdNQZ-6eKKcJ

Edited by MacrossJunkie
Accidentally deleted original photo. Linked a new one.

On 1/29/2017 at 2:42 PM, aaajin said:

Small collection display. Others (VF17S+FP & VF4G) are still sound asleep in their respective boxes.

Nice! I already have the wave 1/72 tomahawk but now i feel like getting the defender and phalanx kits too to mimic ur destroid display with valks in the foreground.....

26 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Nice. You must really like the 31J. :D

What did you weather the one on the stand with?

Just a quick and dirty job with some Pro Modeler's wash and Tamiya weathering kit. I was experimenting with the special Tamiya applicator sponge. Probably won't bother doing that to the rest of Delta Squadron (at least not anytime soon) because it's too much hassle taking anything apart. It's a little unsettling to wedge screwdriver and pry something open with an audible crack. :mellow:

I will paint in the shoulder sensors on all my 31s though, because it looks so off without them. Like seeing the VF-1 with just a blank spot where the shoulder sensors should be.

7 minutes ago, spanner said:

Lolicon? :p

20170206_174426.jpg

Your battroid looks kinda short. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

You guys and your multiple 31J's. Hahaha! :lol:

Can't wait to see someone's multiple 31F's...

...looking at Spanner and Lolicon. :ph34r:

that will not be me this time.. Im only in for one 31F.. The possibility of multiple 31C are far more likely though! 

1 hour ago, spanner said:

LOL! they're all so ridiculously good looking! :lol::rofl:

1 hour ago, Ryoma said:

I don't know Lolicon, the second one looks more like a Magnum to me...:D

LOL I was afraid some of you young whippersnappers wouldn't get the reference. Glad I was wrong. :D

For some reason the 31J's "face" made me think of Ben Stiller in that movie.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

You guys and your multiple 31J's. Hahaha! :lol:

Can't wait to see someone's multiple 31F's...

...looking at Spanner and Lolicon. :ph34r:

I did preorder 3x 31F... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Wow, Scream Man must have some very incriminating photos. :o

hahaha! no incriminating photos.. (that's what my ex has) He does have to pay or trade me for it though! I wish I could but sadly im not able to be that generous and give away expensive toys such as Valkyries! LOL! 

• 2 weeks later...

my Russian Air Force Valkyrie! 

I had MWF member Lancelot custom build my VF-1S assembly kit in Russian Air Force colors similar to that of a Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker.

We discussed possible paint schemes including existing VF-1 colors from the art books but nothing particularly jumped out at me. Then when I looked at a series of Su-27, 30, 33 & 35 photos I have scrolling on my desktop wallpaper it just hit me! We should do a Russian Air Force color scheme! Thus the idea was born! As far as I can tell no one else has ever done a VF-1 specifically like this so im proud to show of the end results! Somethings are a little different but overall its pretty much as close as it needs to be. Also you may notice the forward intake fan pieces were intentionally left off and the area behind painted black to give the impression of darker air intake path which I think worked out quite well! I absolutely dislike those awful fans! Personally I think it looks absolutely amazing and is a testament to the guys model building talents! I simply couldn't be happier!

Thanks so much again buddy! :D B))

Here are some photos for you to enjoy! I also included a photo of a Su-35 in the color scheme we based it off as a direct reference.. Let me know what you guys think! 

20170217_222659.jpg

20170217_222714.jpg

20170217_222740.jpg

20170217_222800.jpg

20170217_222812.jpg

20170217_222831.jpg

20170217_222841.jpg

20170217_225353.jpg

2268443.jpg

Edited by spanner

Thanks Lolicon! but I will be leaving it in fighter mode at least for now. The problem with painting these build kits is the tolerances become so much tighter than they already are and paint scratching and chipping occures extremely easily. Although I would love to see how it looks in its other modes but at this stage im just too scared to transform and damage it..

I though I'd also mention that the number 76 relates to my birth year.. It was going to be the same red on white as the real plane but it was too difficult to recreate the sticker to match so we just did the number in black which still looks good. And some Russian fighters do actually have the black numbers so it still is kinda correct to the real thing. 

@spannerthat is some beauty, you really need two of those to display:p

DO you know what type of paint Lancelot used? If it is lacquer-based, it will have resistance to chipping but I do understand why you are afraid on transforming it.

@enphilyjust paint it with your favorite real-world livery or just go browse whatever looks cool for you. I really appreciate this Assembly kits and Arcadia made me hopeful on the Kit announcement for their RA parts

Edited by chyll2