Zoffy- I think it's interesting that you potrayed the VF-1D and the VE-1 as combat valks. I've always seen them in those classic poses from the series. Really refreshing stuff.

Recently I've been going nuts making stands for all my action figures, and it occurred to me that it's just too wasteful that Yamato and Bandai design all sorts of articulation into their valks, yet most of us just have them sitting static in our displays (mostly due to space issues). I'm on a mission now to try and get as many dynamic poses as my Detolfs will allow in my 1/60 Yamato section.

As far as making them combat valks, the VE-1 just seems natural as a long range support plane, so I slapped some reaction missiles on her (no gun pod though, lol). The VF-1D is posed in a "what if Hikaru actually knew how to fly a valk in the first episode" motif. =)

super awesome poses on that 1D and super 1S. Among the best I've seen in display. I can't even get poses like that with my yamato might blocks. in fact i relegated them to fighter stands and had to tighten them (nail polish method) so that they wouldn't rotate and slam the valks onto the floor of the display. lol. So you can imagine, im aslo super curious how you managed wit those stands...are they bent up hangers? how'd you attach it?

super awesome poses on that 1D and super 1S. Among the best I've seen in display. I can't even get poses like that with my yamato might blocks. in fact i relegated them to fighter stands and had to tighten them (nail polish method) so that they wouldn't rotate and slam the valks onto the floor of the display. lol. So you can imagine, im aslo super curious how you managed wit those stands...are they bent up hangers? how'd you attach it?

Thanks for the compliments, folks... yeah, the stands are bent wire hangers with the vinyl (?) coating that you can get almost anywhere. I needed something a lot stronger than the 10 gauge aluminum wire I use for my action figures, and the hangers fit the bill. The pics below show the general shape you're going for to pose valks in battroid mode. Keep in mind that the size of your base will vary based on the height, weight, pose, etc. that you're trying to display. The horizontal bend at the top in the pic is also adjusted as far as length and angle depending on your pose. After you get it shaped right, you just slip the hanger around the side behind the chest plate in battroid, and rest the valk's hinges right on top of the horizontal bend in the hanger. From there, you just mess around with the angle and bend of the hanger to keep things balanced and stable. The higher you try putting the battroid in the air, the trickier it gets; you can see below that I made a new hanger for the VF-1S to set it higher then it originally was. For that, I just widened the circle at the base and messed with the vertical upright part to get it stable.

REMEMBER TO NOT CUT THE VINYL OFF THE HANGER COMPLETELY! lol... It's all on you to avoid scratching anything up, so be careful when you make some of your own. You want to leave as much of the vinyl on the hanger as necessary to avoid metal to valk contact and scratches. Also remember to file the tips of the hanger down to remove any burrs and sharp points (I add a small bit of tape or clear polish on the end as well). Battroid is a total cakewalk to do, but fighter (especially with super parts on) and gerwalk is a nightmare; it's obviously possible if you keep messing with things, but it takes a ton of trial and error to get it right. For me, these stands kill the other options out there on almost every level except obviously stability, but my valks haven't budged dangerously at all once they went in the detolf. Smaller footprint in your case, better poses, and almost completely unnoticeable all for 10 cents a pop. =)

gallery_14163_548_324290.jpggallery_14163_548_708342.jpggallery_14163_548_1741409.jpggallery_14163_548_328942.jpg

... and for any other action figure folks out there:

gallery_14163_548_1593847.jpg

We finally got to see the "No More Arigato, Mr. Roboto" episode. I love that they showed some of the rare valks like the Chunky Monkey VT and VE. He also mentioned the importance from left to right of his collection as he came in the door, and Macross/Robotech was right there. I paused it to browse, and pretty much have all of the SDF Macross and Mospeada stuff he has except the VT and VE....want.

The shrink thing pissed me off as well, because after all, "I'm perfectly sane in my own insanity." I collect robot toys/models to have fun as a hobby, while posting and sharing pics with you guys as fellow fans of the series, sharing in a common interest...and as an investment for later life. I collect robots instead of getting falling-down drunk, shooting up drugs, or going to the Flight Club and stuffing dollar bills in something I can't have. Or, if you can, how many others have too? We watch Hoarders as well, and yes, the storage areas can get crowded (going Dig Dug (haha)), but the similarities stop there. The collection is dusty, but the house isn't trashed. I would have to say that most collectors of our kind are Class One with Class Two hoarder tendencies...far from needing a shrink. Besides, I only have 350-400 Macross toys/models...not 2156, so there's still time. ;)

Thanks Ultraman for the quick download on the stands!

I may make some later on. I love the fact that I can place the wire stand on a shelf and it will not contribute to any light blockage like any other stands. I love the Yamato launch arms but I can't put it in the middle of the cabinet because it will block out a lot of light (my cabinet only has two light source both coming from the top of a 5 shelve of the cabinet).

Here are a few pics of my stuff--ALL freshly rearranged to allow a shelf for Macross Plus/Macross 7, TV stuff, and a DYRL shelf for "you-know-what", and finally my Mospeada stuff. cool.gif

.....1:60 figs by EXO..... :ohmy:

What are the Zentradi ships from??

Anyone know somewhere I can buy something bigger than the Detolf, but similar to hold Macross stuff? Detolf is just too tight.

There were a few Zentradi ships on like page 8. I think on page 10 or 11 I found my own answer, model kits. :)

Field trip to Kicker's place now! Just kidding Kicker. ;) A few quick pics of my growing collection

Where did you get that brown cabinet in the last picture?

Love reading through this thread... so many awesome displays and ideas for my own!

These are all model kits, but it's still considered a collection, right? B))

post-12411-0-45928900-1348271468_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-85554900-1348271496_thumb.jpg

Waiting to be built

post-12411-0-39154500-1348271528_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-75050800-1348271439_thumb.jpg

Not pictured: a 1/72 Elintseeker, and the 1/48 VF-19 SVF-569 Lightnings. (next to my workbench)

Nice collection Benson. It has definitely grown since last I remember.

Yeah, I've been working as much OT as I can get and since the last up date I've added the YF-19, VF-0S, CMS Isamu/Basara, Banpesto Sheryl and the QF-2200D-A Ghost.

I bought that from Scandanavian designs. http://www.scandinaviandesigns.com/dining/displayunits/item/2238

I wish we could get those here... :(

These are all model kits, but it's still considered a collection, right? B))

post-12411-0-45928900-1348271468_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-85554900-1348271496_thumb.jpg

Waiting to be built

post-12411-0-39154500-1348271528_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-75050800-1348271439_thumb.jpg

Not pictured: a 1/72 Elintseeker, and the 1/48 VF-19 SVF-569 Lightnings. (next to my workbench)

Very nice collection of kits. :)

I now hate you cause you have the cool Basara and Isamu. :p

I'd hate me too. Honestly though, I wish CMS made a figure of every pilot. I think they bring a lot to a good display.

Nice Benson! Awesome!

Thanks for contributing the CMS Roy, Max, and Basara.

Edited by Benson13

Nice Kicker. i seriously need to go to Chicago to check that place out. Let's do a web show on your collection!

You can probably visit. I just saw a you tube video of the guy that was on collection intervention last episode. I could have sworn I thought I saw him with xstoys at comic con, that guy has a lot of stuff.

I saw Scott Z from Collection Intervention yesterday actually. He was selling off a lot of his MOTUC collection at PowerCon. He told me they cut a TON of stuff from the show where he talks about the Power Morphicon and Robo Toy Fest he puts on. They basically made a new story out of his story in editing.

Great start Davzilla! But once you start, you can't stop. You have been warned. :)

oh i've been warned by my friends on another forum. :)

You got some quality birds there Davzilla. I started my collection off with a 1/48 Roy and after that it was all down hill.

Thanks.i keep scoring deals on here and a few japanese sites. it's all used stuff, but the only thing that had decals applied was the YF-19.

even still that's like a grand on the shelf if you include shipping. :o

Edited by davzilla