Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Has anyone hit up Ikea lately?

Apparently there's a been a sale going on from December 26th to January 9th.

I'd tempted to drop a good amount of coin on a new display cabinet. Any suggestions?

I'd tempted to drop a good amount of coin on a new display cabinet. Any suggestions?

I was at the palo alto one on Tuesday, the glass thing everyone has wasn't on sale. It was mostly floor items being sold off at 50% off

I always find Detolfs by using Craigs list. Of 6 that I have I bought 4 of them on craigs list for around 20 bucks each. Which reminds me I need to get two more

Edited by Snail00

I go to the P.A. IKEA as well and they don't have much left on sale. What's sad is they discontinued the light set that fits right into the Detolf and never replaced it with a new product.

I was at the palo alto one on Tuesday, the glass thing everyone has wasn't on sale. It was mostly floor items being sold off at 50% off

Like I've said to some of the other Mac'worlders before it has never been a problem. It's a small office too so I get away with it.

I really do like having them at work though. I spend way more time with them then I ever would at home. It's my "Calm Blue Ocean" or "Serenity Now" or "Hang in There" poster. Besides the only time I have concentrating with them around is when I get a new one.^_^

logos,

i feel you, i have most of my toys in the office..its my stress removal area at work.

whats a masterpiece starscream doin in there hehe

Purchased on a whim.....also you missed Skywarp.:lol:

For those interested, here are some outdated pictures of what i currently have on display, should take new ones soon, because it has grown a bit. I collect besides macross transformers, gi joe 25th anni and newer, gundam and saint seiya

http://www.btfa.info/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=2534

Don't try to read the forum, it's a dutch one

Edited by dreadnought

Even though its not the biggest for some reason I really like Derex`s collection the most, maybe I like that everything is logically organised and he has some unusual items mixed in.

Derex, that is a very nice, and neatly organized Macross, and Mospeada display. Very impressive. Back in the day, I used to have all my toys organized as such, but long gone are those days. I used to be able to fit just about the entire collection into 3 Detolfs, but now, I'd need about 6 or 7. Hopefully this year if we get a house, I'll be buying better display cabinets, and will have it all out on display, and I can contribute more to this thread than just comments and being so envious of everyone's bad@ss displays. Keep em coming.

Derex, that is a very nice, and neatly organized Macross, and Mospeada display. Very impressive. Back in the day, I used to have all my toys organized as such, but long gone are those days. I used to be able to fit just about the entire collection into 3 Detolfs, but now, I'd need about 6 or 7. Hopefully this year if we get a house, I'll be buying better display cabinets, and will have it all out on display, and I can contribute more to this thread than just comments and being so envious of everyone's bad@ss displays. Keep em coming.

thanks for the compliments guys. Jasonc--or anybody else...if you wanna really good looking curio cabinet when you get your house--check out Pulaski Curios. That's what all mine are. PM me for the link to the place online I got mine if anybody is in the market.

Edited by derex3592