Just a though on your display @sqidd. If you wanted a black background and not have the white displayed here's something for your consideration (money is another matter).

https://www.georgiaexpo.com/

Or get someone that can make you a customizable set. :)

Edit: Quite bulky and transportable if needed. 

Edited by borgified

8 hours ago, borgified said:

Just a though on your display @sqidd. If you wanted a black background and not have the white displayed here's something for your consideration (money is another matter).

https://www.georgiaexpo.com/

Or get someone that can make you a customizable set. :)

Edit: Quite bulky and transportable if needed. 

Tanks for the suggestion. The effort is appreciated. I'm a bit of a weird duck aesthetically sometimes. May be one of the byproducts of being good at what I do for a living. The "wrinkly" nature of that setup would drive me out of my skin for some reason I can't explain.

I ended up ordering semi gloss back sticker material. I did a little test with some I had around and it looks great. And it's relatively easy to do. Well, it should be. Ask me after I have tried putting 24" wide sheets on.;)

Here's the main shelves.

IX2v9JG.jpg

I have a separate shelf over my closet with my 1/60s and 1/55s, plus various Matchbox toys (glaug, regults, bioroids, hovertank). I need to get a new picture of to post.

And then I moved my SDs and minis to their own shelf over the mindow with all my Gundam gashapons/minis:

aYz3liu.jpg

Just got this cab today. I'm not happy with it. A few things I thought may be an issue are (my fault). And I didn't think of a few things.

-I HATE the mirrored back. You can't tell what is going on in there. It's too busy.

-The two lights aren't cutting it.

-It looks like crap sitting there in the window sill (windows are blacked out).

-It didn't swallow as many toys as I would have thought.

----------------------------------------------------

-I think I'm going to make the background white or black. Probably white to match my other cabs.

-I'm going to have to wire some more lights in.

-I'm going to have to do something with the rest of the space in that window cubby to it looks like it's supposed to be there.

-I'm stuck with how big it is.

I should have bought another big cab. I didn't because I didn't want to do the work it would take to mod the office so another would fit. I'll probably end up doing the same amount of work getting this cab the way I want it. Sigh.

Cabinet 10.jpg

On 11/2/2019 at 10:49 PM, Mommar said:

LMAO!!! I'm going to hold you to that.

@Mommar didn’t think which series they came from matter, but kept it in scale...

9F5118C5-278D-4C04-A382-41A92A134067.thumb.jpeg.2be06af2ca6fa2efbccdf4e3be903cd7.jpeg

It took sometime to transform them....but 2 from previous image....add the other 19 you requested..... viola 21 CF with supers...

First one to the bottom left I figured should be TVJ with TV super (added the strike cannon), followed by TV1A with super, Movie 1A with super but with clear option parts, then the rest of the series: Plus, 7, then Frontier. Didn’t include Zero for some reason because when I think of super FP, I think more of outer space necessity. 

The 17Ds look like bombers compared to the 171.

Dusting continues...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 6:15 AM, Kicker773 said:

@Mommar didn’t think which series they came from matter, but kept it in scale...

9F5118C5-278D-4C04-A382-41A92A134067.thumb.jpeg.2be06af2ca6fa2efbccdf4e3be903cd7.jpeg

It took sometime to transform them....but 2 from previous image....add the other 19 you requested..... viola 21 CF with supers...

First one to the bottom left I figured should be TVJ with TV super (added the strike cannon), followed by TV1A with super, Movie 1A with super but with clear option parts, then the rest of the series: Plus, 7, then Frontier. Didn’t include Zero for some reason because when I think of super FP, I think more of outer space necessity. 

The 17Ds look like bombers compared to the 171.

Dusting continues...

Damn, that's a squadron. Foes beware.

On 12/7/2019 at 10:10 PM, chyll2 said:

78412894_10158382371419523_3877537895493402624_o.jpg

These are some of the most gorgeous valkyries out there.  The cannon fodder still holds up.  I don't know what they did.  Officially I don't think there was any tweak to the VF-25 design, which I think they had perfected by that point.  Still, it looks lean, mean and pretty, and stands head and shoulders above the other v2's out there.  Just can't put my finger on why.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got time off from work till early next year (wohoo) & finally have time to unbox my premium finish VE-1. Trying to keep my collection to a select iconic few & all ready for Arcadia PF VT-1 ! (you know its coming!)

IMG_20191221_144636__01__01__01.thumb.jpg.8260d3bbdace441b21097efbe613a631.jpgIMG_20191221_144709__01__01__01.thumb.jpg.e5bc2bd27d5e0743a3ee14147ace8541.jpgIMG_20191221_144728__01__01.thumb.jpg.22cac95a086d886bec336dade57cb6aa.jpg

Edited by aaajin

On 12/21/2019 at 11:02 PM, mark-1s said:

/\/\/\/\

Lovin' your Hiki 1A Joke Machine! It looks much cleaner than mine lol. The poor Roy JM is buried in the corner tho.

Thanks. Yeah things get a little cluttered...and all I ever wanted now is a 1A Max JM :)

The displays are coming along. Waiting on more YetiStands (I'm keeping @ChaoticYeti buried) so I can get rid of the last of the colored stuff. Hopefully I can fit three VF-0D's in with the VF-0S's. I don't think that's going to work. The Zero shelves may turn into three. If they do I'll have room for a VF-0 with Armor so that's not all bad. And the Plus shelf is going to have to turn into two shelves eventually. I need another YF-19 for Gerwalk and room for the DX YF-21's (Battroid and Gerwalk). I think a couple of Super Robot shelves are going to get promoted to Macross use. I'm going to need another cabinet. And that's the last one. I'm going to have to do room surgery to get another in. Next step is a different house.:blink:

Display 1.jpg

19 minutes ago, sqidd said:

The displays are coming along. Waiting on more YetiStands (I'm keeping @ChaoticYeti buried) so I can get rid of the last of the colored stuff. Hopefully I can fit three VF-0D's in with the VF-0S's. I don't think that's going to work. The Zero shelves may turn into three. If they do I'll have room for a VF-0 with Armor so that's not all bad. And the Plus shelf is going to have to turn into two shelves eventually. I need another YF-19 for Gerwalk and room for the DX YF-21's (Battroid and Gerwalk). I think a couple of Super Robot shelves are going to get promoted to Macross use. I'm going to need another cabinet. And that's the last one. I'm going to have to do room surgery to get another in. Next step is a different house.:blink:

Display 1.jpg

That top right shelf is spectacular! Don’t change it out!