Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Well, crap. I'm going to have to get another one of these display cases. I AM NOT looking forward to moving these. They weigh I'm guessing 300lb. They're impossible to level standing up when on the carpet. Which means they have to be tipped over and let down gently on their side every time you adjust (so adjust smart). All three big cases will fit on that wall.

I've got a bunch of Yeti stands to set up. They're not going to do the trick though.

I'll move the two Detolf's that are pictured to the opposite wall behind my desk on a riser. I have one more for good measure.

As usual, everything I do gets out of hand.:unknw:

Cases.jpg

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Goddamn I love those cabinets!

Yeah, they're pretty sweet! I had been eyeballing them online for weeks. Then because of the power of Google/Facebook I was shown a art store that was selling some used when I was out of town in Chicago. I went back the next weekend with my truck and picked them up for...................................$450 per case.:o I tried talking them into a third, but they weren't going for it. Not that I could have fit it in the truck. I would have had to stash it at my buddies house and go back again (9 hrs round trip).

I really need another. I don't even have everything un-boxed yet. I am not looking forward to moving these. It's going to turn into a multi day affair when you add in unloading/loading of the toys. And did I mention they're heavy? Holy crap! And this third one is going to run me retail plus delivery. I guess it's kinda weird to buy a zilion dollars in toys then complain about the case price. But I'm going to do it anyway.:D

It's going to look pretty sweet when that whole wall is lighted case though.

6 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Beautiful display. Is that a giant Optimus prime on top? MAS-01? Either way. I need a higher res image of your display that I can admire.. Please upload one!

Thank you! Yeah, that's the Toys Alliance Prime. He's a MONSTER!

I think this is higher res.:good:

Keep in mind there is very little organization going on here. This is the product of un-boxing toys, putting them in the display and seeing what I end up with in regards to space. There are I think 17 Valks to un-box still and a quite a few Super Robots. Even if I get everything in there tight and stacked with Yeti stands this just isn't enough room. I'm going to have to set my wallet on fire and order another one of those cases today.:blink:

Thanks for Mirin'

IMG_5281.JPG

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Really nice! I always think about how many more toys I can get for the price of displays for them. But the display does make enjoying the toys better. 

Deep down, I really do enjoy those cases. They make a huge difference.

36 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Thank you! Yeah, that's the Toys Alliance Prime. He's a MONSTER!

I think this is higher res.:good:

Keep in mind there is very little organization going on here. This is the product of un-boxing toys, putting them in the display and seeing what I end up with in regards to space. There are I think 17 Valks to un-box still and a quite a few Super Robots. Even if I get everything in there tight and stacked with Yeti stands this just isn't enough room. I'm going to have to set my wallet on fire and order another one of those cases today.:blink:

Thanks for Mirin'

IMG_5281.JPG

:good::good:

The collecting bug must have hit ya hard! How long was it, couple of months(?) to get everything(toys i mean) in and set-up?

Edited by seti88

4 minutes ago, seti88 said:

:good::good:

The collecting bug must have hit ya hard! How long was it, couple of months(?) to get everything(toys i mean) in and set-up?

I had been in it 10yrs ago (not to this level). I sold my collection along with just about everything else of value I could convert to cash (motorcycles, Lego sets, firearms, etc) to help finance a new business. It killed me to do it, but sacrifices have ti be made sometimes.

For the past ten years I have been eyeballing toys and wanting to get back into it. About two years ago the business really started to come together and I started to have actual money that I didn't need to plow back into inventory or R&D.

Yeah, a few months back (8/19/19) I ordered my first toy for the new collection. I've gone a wee bit bonkers since then.:blink: I have a pile of loot still in boxes almost as big as what is displayed right now! It's now time to back off on acquisitions and get my display stuff all lined out. I'm starting to bump into space issues.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

I had been in it 10yrs ago (not to this level). I sold my collection along with just about everything else of value I could convert to cash (motorcycles, Lego sets, firearms, etc) to help finance a new business. It killed me to do it, but sacrifices have ti be made sometimes.

For the past ten years I have been eyeballing toys and wanting to get back into it. About two years ago the business really started to come together and I started to have actual money that I didn't need to plow back into inventory or R&D.

Yeah, a few months back (8/19/19) I ordered my first toy for the new collection. I've gone a wee bit bonkers since then.:blink: I have a pile of loot still in boxes almost as big as what is displayed right now! It's now time to back off on acquisitions and get my display stuff all lined out. I'm starting to bump into space issues.

Wow that's a nice run-up in 2 months! Dont worry, everyone's a wee bit bonkers in here!:lol:8P

11 hours ago, sqidd said:

Cases.jpg

That's a great display @sqidd I like how each toy is spaced out a bit to give it room to breath, it makes everything look cleaner. :good:

But once space for display cases runs out in the room, it'll be some dilemma: to start squeezing more toys in the cases and hence sacrificing the overall clean look, or maintain great discipline and periodically rotate the toys out with others in storage? :lol:

7 minutes ago, MKT said:

That's a great display @sqidd I like how each toy is spaced out a bit to give it room to breath, it makes everything look cleaner. :good:

But once space for display cases runs out in the room, it'll be some dilemma: to start squeezing more toys in the cases and hence sacrificing the overall clean look, or maintain great discipline and periodically rotate the toys out with others in storage? :lol:

Yeah, exactly. I really like the clean spaced out look so you can see each individual toy. But, as you mentioned at some point I'm going to run out of space. I just ordered another one of the big cases this morning.  It gets delivered Thursday. That should free me up for a bit. I have room for four Detolf's (2 more) in the office. After that I'm hosed. Hopefully when I'm all filled up it will coincide with a new/bigger house (I work from home). If not, I'll have to rotate. Or start taking over other rooms.:p

Clean and clutterless displays always gets the best results! :good:

Got room for the eventual Chronos that your still hunting around for?

Thanks for the link @MKT. I didn't have much success in looking it up few days ago.

Now I have to thin out my hobby collection this week: Kondo Marie style 

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Got room for the eventual Chronos that your still hunting around for?

For sure. These case are going to be a lot more efficient when receive/get all of my YeiStands set up. That shelf with the 31's will probably be able to hold four more when Yeri stands are in play.

And there is another cabinet getting delivered this week.:D

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

For sure. These case are going to be a lot more efficient when receive/get all of my YeiStands set up. That shelf with the 31's will probably be able to hold four more when Yeri stands are in play.

And there is another cabinet getting delivered this week.:D

Have you thought about taking the front doors off of your display cases? I have 2 all glass frameless display cases and although the glass is clear it's not as clear as having no glass there. To me the clarity and details of the figures get a little lost with the front glass pane on. Only thing holding me back is the dust that will collect.

I just can't get over how more enjoyable the experience is at seeing my figures without the glass vs behind it. 

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Have you thought about taking the front doors off of your display cases? I have 2 all glass frameless display cases and although the glass is clear it's not as clear as having no glass there. To me the clarity and details of the figures get a little lost with the front glass pane on. Only thing holding me back is the dust that will collect.

I just can't get over how more enjoyable the experience is at seeing my figures without the glass vs behind it. 

Thoughts?

No way I'm going to dust my toys!:D

My vision sucks anyway.:blink:

Edited by sqidd

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Doors open = More dust

Guaranteed unless you just don’t have dust somehow.   

Yes, that is a big con but a huge pro is the experience of seeing the figures with super HD clarity. Maybe others displays are different but with mine and the all the leds shining its stunning.

In person it's even clearer and with more detail

8.jpg.3d1fe3e97cf934db374d30815140345c.jpg

2 minutes ago, RED WOLF said:

Yes, that is a big con but a huge pro is the experience of seeing the figures with super HD clarity. Maybe others displays are different but with mine and the all the leds shining its stunning.

In person it's even clearer and with more detail

8.jpg.3d1fe3e97cf934db374d30815140345c.jpg

I guess it depends on the quality of glass. Technically, there are Ultra HD images transmitting through glass displays right now. :D 

But depending on how close you are looking, your eyes should be able to pick up way beyond any technical term for resolutions we have available right now. That’s a sweet shot by the way. You probably took the picture through a glass lens too. ;):p

47 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I guess it depends on the quality of glass. Technically, there are Ultra HD images transmitting through glass displays right now. :D 

But depending on how close you are looking, your eyes should be able to pick up way beyond any technical term for resolutions we have available right now. That’s a sweet shot by the way. You probably took the picture through a glass lens too. ;):p

Touche ;)

33 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, at least you know I'm just messing with you. Love your collection and display!

I do and you have valid points. What I was trying to convey was there something to be said about an open display vs enclosed. Theres a certain jenesaqua quality about seeing and touching versus the feeling that you cant.

9 hours ago, RED WOLF said:

I do and you have valid points. What I was trying to convey was there something to be said about an open display vs enclosed. Theres a certain jenesaqua quality about seeing and touching versus the feeling that you cant.

Agreed! Most of my display cases don’t have doors on them. I have a dedicated collection library that I keep completely shut except when entering/exiting. It seems to help as dust in there is pretty minimal. But then again, I barely go in there because it is actually a storage room filled to the brim with boxes currently, lol. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Agreed! Most of my display cases don’t have doors on them. I have a dedicated collection library that I keep completely shut except when entering/exiting. It seems to help as dust in there is pretty minimal. But then again, I barely go in there because it is actually a storage room filled to the brim with boxes currently, lol. 

Lucky! I'm in the garage which is nice because I have space, but more dust and spiders. Cant complain atleast I have someplace at all :)

And then there were three!

Of course the bulbs don't match....at all. I just Amazon'd some I hope are close to the new ones. If not I guess I'll end up replacing all of them.

I also put the cab lights on a remote control I got off Amazon. That's super fun.

Now to clean these up, re-load some toys and get to un-boxing more!

Remote Control Switch Amazon $13.99

Bulbs.jpg

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

And then there were three!

Of course the bulbs don't match....at all. I just Amazon'd some I hope are close to the new ones. If not I guess I'll end up replacing all of them.

I also put the cab lights on a remote control I got off Amazon. That's super fun.

Now to clean these up, re-load some toys and get to un-boxing more!

Remote Control Switch Amazon $13.99

Bulbs.jpg

Sweet! The new lights look like daylight, around 4300-5k+K

definitely going to look better all lit up like that. 

Oh boy. I just kinda chucked everything back in the cabs to see what I'm working with. the answer.......not as much as I thought. Stuff is pretty spread out right now and I do have bunch of YetiStands to set up which will consolidate some. But, I have 13 valks in boxes and 6 more on PO. I have 9 Super Robots.....that are all 10" or taller too. Annnnnd, 4 ride armors. I have room for 3 Detolf's on another wall still. We're going to need a bigger boat.:p

Check this out. I don't know who posted up or where but I ordered these monitor stands the other day. They're really nice for these size figures.

Monitor Stands Link

Monitor Stands.jpg

Cabs 3.jpg