17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Ah yes, because of the arrangement you went with. I’m sure it took a lot longer, lol! What is the total length of light strip used in each detolf that way?

1 roll, which I think was 5 meters, was good for 1.5 Detolfs with the arrangement that I had.

I've also got a billy display case like yours but with different doors.  I haven't quite decided whether I want to light it up similar to the Detolfs or have the strips on the doors.

16 hours ago, Bolt said:

Nice Monster!  That’s 1/72?

@Sanity is Optionalanswered it!  Hi-Metal R Monster, definitely recommend it.  It's pretty much what started me down the rabbit hole lol.

39 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

New house, new(ish) set-up.  SDFM:

DYRL and beyond:

All together:

Still a work in progress.  Want to add some backgrounds, hide the cords a little more, but it will do for now.

:good::good:forgot how nice the draken looks with flanking lil drakens...

Thanks guys!

The 19 with blue parts is the Arcadia we are testing a conversion kit for the ravens version

The VF-9 cutlass is the resin version design by Xigfrid (link below)

And the Thunder hammer is the resin version release a long time ago also we working in a upgrade to make a better version

11 hours ago, valhary said:

I got this of second hand

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Great display!

That resin Thunder Hummer is a great kit. IIRC Valk009 commissioned and had the kit casted many years ago. It holds up really well and looks good to this day. I have mine in a box along with the 1/48 version which keeps having warp issues since it’s release. :(

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Cool set-up.  Man, if my eyes don't deceive me, that is one expensive display in there. :D

Thanks! I try not to think about prices, lol but yeah, it’s probably around $2k worth and will definitely be over that once completed.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, tekering said:

After years and years in storage, my Frontier Valkyries finally have a dedicated shelf:

1197028488_Frontiershelf.thumb.jpg.6587251fb166699d1884a6e8b8dec296.jpg

(* peeks in from watching Korean dramas *)

(* looks at @tekering's Macross Frontier valkyries *)

Why is my mouth watering all of a sudden?

(* goes back to watching 해를 품은 달 *)

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Why is my mouth watering all of a sudden?

Your body is subconsciously reacting to Luca's RVF-25...

1926642940_RVF-25dish.thumb.jpg.7f7e6ec5253484908c7c69b1e7f0df2c.jpg

Your Pavlovian response to anything with a sensor dish is well-documented.  :p

1223980307_RVF-25armored.thumb.jpg.ab5f51262a1ccf3a6faa1630bdfb7874.jpg

7 hours ago, tekering said:

You'd have to.  International airfare is expen$ive!  :p

Yeah, tough choice, buy the air ticket or buy a few more 1/48. :) 

@tekering if ever there was a "G2" color scheme for a VF, Luca's would be a good contender for it. 30th anniversario VF-1 too I think.

I noticed you've got the blue YF-29 on the end there - is that the only one of the 29 you picked up? How do you like it? Leaning towards Alto's myself but if I had to pick a runner up it'd be that one.

38 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

I noticed you've got the blue YF-29 on the end there - is that the only one of the 29 you picked up? How do you like it? Leaning towards Alto's myself but if I had to pick a runner up it'd be that one.

Difficult decision, to be sure...

1894372161_Percevalbattroid.thumb.jpg.ec8e576bc0ef139707290c07505e04f6.jpg

In my case, there were two clear advantages to the 29B.

569049660_Percevalfly-by.thumb.jpg.dcc30fb179a140f6121baeaff1e04559.jpg

The colors are as close as Frontier gets to a "Cavaliers" scheme, which I've always been crazy about...

1686330930_Percevalsoar.thumb.jpg.c5a5d5963e35bd769b0d0d5c857681b7.jpg

...and the Perceval represents a unique character, as opposed to another Alto bird.

32783567_Percevaldive.thumb.jpg.2897873445242700d56f667517f69c74.jpg

I mean, I've already got Alto's Super Messiah on the shelf...

796694879_narrativecontinuity.thumb.jpg.3f2e984b4851111787160ebe31ab0f36.jpg

...and having two Altos in the same display would break narrative continuity, see?  :unsure:

Heh, I totally get that line of thought. :)

Im debating between putting Alto’s next to my Hikaru 1S as a sort of “30th anniversary, then and now” kind of setup, or getting the Perceval since the only other Frontiers I have aren’t character-from-series either (25A and YF). 

Edited by jeniusornome

• 2 weeks later...

So i broke down, and ordered the 1/60 stands from AliExpress

It is funny they spelled it MArcross, instead of Macross.

For about 24 bucks shipped, you get five stands. I want to see if can they save me space in the Detolf. I prefer Fighter mode 80% of the time, so I think these stands are perfect for my current needs... wants... needs, wants. 

Edited by vlenhoff

• 3 weeks later...

Started running the LED strips in my cabinets today. Dust-proofed them earlier this week. Both tasks could have been "cleaner. More valks on the way to fill up the shelves. But here is a progress shot.

20190803_170635.jpg

20190803_170716.jpg

16 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

Started running the LED strips in my cabinets today. Dust-proofed them earlier this week. Both tasks could have been "cleaner. More valks on the way to fill up the shelves. But here is a progress shot.

looks great mate, what did you use for dust proofing? any pro tips on best practice?

Thanks! For the dust proofing, I used the adhesive strips (found at home depot for ~$3) that are meant for sealing the area between Window Air Conditioners and the window frame. Takes about 10 minutes to install once you have the door of the detolf off.