20 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

1478732418_detolfdustproof4.thumb.jpg.b594702d4a1f5efef69d5885dac530e5.jpg

Hello everyone. "dust Proof" detolf, finally.

Very nice display, lots of good stuff in there, man that Mobile Suit is huge considering it's next to the SDF-1. B))

5 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Very nice display, lots of good stuff in there, man that Mobile Suit is huge considering it's next to the SDF-1. B))

Thank you! yeah that's a 1/3000 [roughly] next to a 1/60, Eventually i'll get more detolfs, to separate Star wars & Gundam. I built the 1/60 Gundam wing custom about 19 years ago, and it has earned a spot in the "dust free" zone

Edited by vlenhoff
Scales in this detolf are: 1/3000, 1/100, 1/60, 1/48 and 1/12.

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Looks good @vlenhoff.  I might try that dust proof method one of these days.

18 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Awesome display and collection @vlenhoff

Thanks guys! I am now using my eagle eye, to see if i see any dust particles inside the display cabinet, lol. I may do this to all my future detolfs. 

12 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Thanks guys! I am now using my eagle eye, to see if i see any dust particles inside the display cabinet, lol. I may do this to all my future detolfs. 

Now you must post pics of the 1S from your avatar. I saved all the different versions you 've done, was it like 10 years ago??? Full pics of the battroid.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

2 hours ago, tekering said:

After over four years boxed up in the closet, the bulk of my 1:48 collection is finally back on display...

273561831_one-fourty-eighthshowcase.thumb.jpg.8fe76eede800ed21b60079e53be3c4aa.jpg

Nice 1/48 Yamato collections, @tekering. :good:  Are you planning on expanding those with the upcoming DX 1/48's?

10 hours ago, tekering said:

After over four years boxed up in the closet, the bulk of my 1:48 collection is finally back on display...

273561831_one-fourty-eighthshowcase.thumb.jpg.8fe76eede800ed21b60079e53be3c4aa.jpg

That's a whole lot of awesome in one pic! All you need is a Kakizaki DYRL 1/48 to complete your Skull Squadron. 

On 5/23/2019 at 9:22 AM, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Now you must post pics of the 1S from your avatar. I saved all the different versions you 've done, was it like 10 years ago??? Full pics of the battroid.

You remembered! Yes, my avatar is my own VF-1S art piece. It had changed over the years, but embarrassingly i never finished it. I will post some pics of its current state, sometime. I need to find the proper place to exhibit it. I also drew my own Valk girl, i am not sure if you remember. 

Here is the old one 

On 5/24/2019 at 11:08 AM, tekering said:

Hey, this looks like my 1/48 collection! [except for my 9 armored CF] Wow, that top shelf, pat labor, GITS, and so many others. 

Edited by vlenhoff

43 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

You remembered! Yes, my avatar is my own VF-1S art piece. It had changed over the years, but embarrassingly i never finished it. I will post some pics of its current state, sometime. I need to find the proper place to exhibit it. I also drew my own Valk girl, i am not sure if you remember. 

Here is the old one 

Hey, this looks like my 1/48 collection! [except for my 9 armored CF] Wow, that top shelf, pat labor, GITS, and so many others. 

Wow, that is beautiful work! Major props @vlenhoff

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Love the lone trooper..looks like he's sayin "come and take it!"

Haha, yeah most my stuff is still packed away. That is one of the only new figures I opened and left out to mess with 

57 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Love it so far! What kind of cabinet is that second one if you don’t mind my asking? Not the detolf but the other?

Thanks! That is a Billy bookcase with glass shelves and doors. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, yeah most my stuff is still packed away. That is one of the only new figures I opened and left out to mess with 

Thanks! That is a Billy bookcase with glass shelves and doors. 

Great case!  What sort of lighting are you using if you don't mind me asking.

27 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

Great case!  What sort of lighting are you using if you don't mind me asking.

You can see a strip in the top of billy case that isn’t on. Those are old IKEA sets that are ok but expensive, not bright and don’t have good color temps. I still like them and will use them as ambient back up lighting because they do have color control. 

The lights that you see on in both cases are led strip lights similar to what @dafob mentioned a couple pages back. I went with model 3528 strips which are brighter than normal but not quite as bright or more importantly, not as thick as 5050 strips. Also important to me is they are a more daylight color temperature instead of the typical warm temp leds from ikea. They have self adhesive tape on the back and super easy to install. Detolf took less than 10 mins. Billy shelf took a bit over 10 mins because I cut the strip to separate for each side and had to connect it all back with additional wiring. 

The light sets including power and wireless remote were about $10 each (there was a sale but not much more regularly. Ridiculously good deal and I’m about to return the extra IKEA less I bought before. 

3 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This is why i love this place. I'll save it in my bookmarks. I was trying to remember the name of these stands for quite a while now. 

don't forget to add the 10% off coupon MDAY19 .  It's good until the end of the day.

10 hours ago, Slave IV said:

You can see a strip in the top of billy case that isn’t on. Those are old IKEA sets that are ok but expensive, not bright and don’t have good color temps. I still like them and will use them as ambient back up lighting because they do have color control. 

The lights that you see on in both cases are led strip lights similar to what @dafob mentioned a couple pages back. I went with model 3528 strips which are brighter than normal but not quite as bright or more importantly, not as thick as 5050 strips. Also important to me is they are a more daylight color temperature instead of the typical warm temp leds from ikea. They have self adhesive tape on the back and super easy to install. Detolf took less than 10 mins. Billy shelf took a bit over 10 mins because I cut the strip to separate for each side and had to connect it all back with additional wiring. 

The light sets including power and wireless remote were about $10 each (there was a sale but not much more regularly. Ridiculously good deal and I’m about to return the extra IKEA less I bought before. 

Thanks for the info...I went with 3528 with my detolf also but it took me quite a bit longer to install mine lol.  Finally got a second detolf though, time to fill it up =) 

IMG_20190527_112125.thumb.jpg.974be9b09186719e10451f5e07dc375f.jpg

Edited by sumyumgoy

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

don't forget to add the 10% off coupon MDAY19 .  It's good until the end of the day.

Thanks for the info...I went with 3528 with my detolf also but it took me quite a bit longer to install mine lol.  Finally got a second detolf though, time to fill it up =) 

IMG_20190527_112125.thumb.jpg.974be9b09186719e10451f5e07dc375f.jpg

Ah yes, because of the arrangement you went with. I’m sure it took a lot longer, lol! What is the total length of light strip used in each detolf that way?

14 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

This is why i love this place. I'll save it in my bookmarks. I was trying to remember the name of these stands for quite a while now. 

follow them on Facebook, every few months they give a 5 or 10% discount code. it's worth waiting for imo.