8 hours ago, spanner said:

Love these things!! 

20190117_153609.jpg

We all do, Spanner. We all do. :wub:

If only I have an extra budget to spend, I'll get a third one so I can display it in 3 modes like you.

Edited by no3Ljm

10 hours ago, seti88 said:

2 levels is enough! :lol: Else macross jenga!

Hehe! Macross Jenga! I need to find a single taller riser stand for the display to look just how I want it. I still feel the Gerwalk Valk needs to sit a tad higher but it's good for now.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

We all do, Spanner. We all do. :wub:

If only I have an extra budget to spend, I'll get a third one so I can display it in 3 modes like you.

(Initiate enabling mode now) do it Noel! Get a third one!! You know you want to! And besides it's only money.. more will always come around! LOL! 

46 minutes ago, spanner said:

(Initiate enabling mode now) do it Noel! Get a third one!! You know you want to! And besides it's only money.. more will always come around! LOL! 

Hahaha! :lol:

Don't do that. I have to be prepared for the next DX announcement. Who knows, it's Hikaru's 1A or 1S. Need to get doubles of that again. ^_^ 

Crappy snapshot of the latest arrival (with a few of my 1/60 VFs that aren't in display cases in the background).I only have a few Detolfs allocated to Macross stuff . Everything else is for my Popy & Co collection (they've always had priority due to their age/value). Not to mention Fighter mode takes way too much space so some end up on improvised shelves like those ones sitting on top of my Shmups collection....IMG_7212.thumb.JPG.22bd86e52e291077b9b00f90cf2291b7.JPG

7 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

No firevalk ?

Nup! It's been gone for a while now. But at least I still have a Valkyrie with Basara sitting inside and he's holding a guitar! LOL!

7 hours ago, sumyumgoy said:

It's minimalist :good:

Indeed! Very minimalist. Feels so bare.. but eventually more will come. Again..

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Empty nest. :(

More birds will come.. in the form of DX VF-1's! 

4 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hey Spanner,

With the new DX versions on the horizon, I am quite confident that you will refill all those gaps very soon. 

I am not sure how I would feel about selling off a large chunk of my collection as you have done. 

I am looking forward to more DX coming but for now I'm quite content with what I have. 

Looking at the empty cabinets after I packed them all up did kinda give me a sinking feeling but I did enjoy having them and all the others before them so as they say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all..

4 hours ago, Foblander said:

That is clean. I want to pare down on my toys as well to get this balanced look. It just looks like artwork now. Very tasteful :) I think my lady would be very happy. Lol

Yeah I must admit I do rather like the clean and tidy look. For a while then when my collection was a lot larger it did start to look messy and cluttered and as soon as I started trimming things down it looked a lot better.

My misses wasn't ever fussed about my stuff, she's more concerned about me regretting my decision later on. I do feel fine about it all.

14 minutes ago, spanner said:

Looking at the empty cabinets after I packed them all up did kinda give me a sinking feeling but I did enjoy having them and all the others before them so as they say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all..

Yeah... I'm trying to get more into this mentality.  I still have nowhere near what your collection was at its height, but as mine grows the reality that either:

A) I have to sell things

or

B) I have to stop collecting

is setting in.  This is more of a personal approach, because I could just keep getting things and storing them and what not.  But I don't really like that; if I own it, I want to be able to display it.

So I'm starting to think that you keep things for a while, then after you've enjoyed it, eventually sell it and move on.  Maybe keep a few of your absolute favorites.

I'm still a-ways away from having to sell things, but I'm getting more used to the idea.  Or I might just sort of freeze my collection in time, and move on to something else.

It's great to be able to enjoy them, and then pass on the enjoyment. :) 

I'm going to need to do a similar reduction in the future, once I get my hobby room organized and setup some cabinets to display things.  My original plan ten years ago (a whole decade :blink: wow) was to avoid duplicate paintschemes, but not necessarily duplicate characters, as long as they were unique (ie, a Max TV VF-1J and VF-1A were fine, but I didn't go for both his DYRL 1A and 1S.. I've since filled that gap with a kitbash of another 1A and a Roy).  That went up in smoke as sales abounded, and then Bandai threw another wrench in the works with supply and quality issues.  I've gotten to where I buy two of every release as a rule, to make sure I at least get one good valk out of the pair.

It's begun to hit critical mass now though, and I need to start thinning the duplicates that I never needed in the first place, and don't have room to display.  Fortunately, I've got a younger brother who appreciates valks as well, so I may pass him a few as gifts in the coming years. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal