3 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Spanner: yetistand can be the solution, Chaosyeti recently added mounts that can be attached to the glass directly, depending on your shelf, you can put it on the back. 

No3Ljm: my favorite scene in Zero!

Lolicon: get one asap then! They are rarer and rarer nowadays. 

yes the yetistand is an option but I think I have come up with a simple fishing line solution. I will need to have the Valkyrie's landing gear extended for it to work and I cut up some small brackets out of thin strips of aluminum with a small hole to thread the fishing line through at either end. I figure I'll only need one length of line which will hook around the Valkyrie and hold it nicely in place! I'll post some pics when I get one setup. I might even be able to use some composite sheeting we have at work too! It is a bit thicker but its a much nicer cleaner finished material and being white in color will blend in the background a lot better. Though its a bit trickier to bend into shape without damaging. Still an option to consider. 

that looks great! Sadly I don't have any design software or a 3d printer so my idea was somewhat less elegant.. hope you can understand my shoddy design drawing! LOL!

clearly this is just a rough plan as the proportions aren't quite how they would need to be.. but you can get the general idea.

shelf brakcet.jpg

Edited by spanner

I totally got your design, except that I don't understand why the part would be that long. 

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that IKEA probably have some kind of plastic clamp similar to the one I designed, then just adding a hole into the clamp and it would be done. Cheap!

my design ended at 14$ the 4 parts, not really cheap

Since the thread has taken a bit of a shelf detour, I've been wondering what people's experiences have been with weight issues.  Ikea lists the Detolf shelf max load at about 8 pounds.  Has anyone ever gone much beyond that, especially long term?  I don't think I have 8 pounds on any of my shelves yet, but with display stands etc. and trying to push maximum shelf space, I could see how running up to that 8 pound limit could be an issue.

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I totally got your design, except that I don't understand why the part would be that long. 

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that IKEA probably have some kind of plastic clamp similar to the one I designed, then just adding a hole into the clamp and it would be done. Cheap!

my design ended at 14$ the 4 parts, not really cheap

I wanted it in one part to keep it simple to make. I figured I needed it to be at least 200mm long.

On 3/2/2017 at 6:49 PM, jvmacross said:

large.20170302_132048.jpg.839abcbd9a93a3

large.20170302_132204.jpg.72ae9a5e21ee3e

large.20170302_132217.jpg.0653b75ad0387f

large.20170302_132535.jpg.1c52c8dcc5bcaf

Hey JVM! I'm really really curious to see your whole setup on these... you know, on all of your Macross collections. Including your 1/1 Gerwalk. Seriously. ;) 

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

large.IMG_2635.JPG.44eb70affdb3e8db2f7e1

One of these things is not like the other... :lol: 

Nice clean setup for your DX's and 1/60's. Only thing missing is Millia's Q-Rau, right? Are you planning on repainting the VF-0S Reactive Armor with blue motif?

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Milia kinda stands out there among all that blue.

But she's at the bottom of the shelf. :( Though her figure form is in the middle, so I think that's fine. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

One of these things is not like the other... :lol: 

Nice clean setup for your DX's and 1/60's. Only thing missing is Millia's Q-Rau, right? Are you planning on repainting the VF-0S Reactive Armor with blue motif?

But she's at the bottom of the shelf. :( Though her figure form is in the middle, so I think that's fine. ;) 

Yeah once I get an extra Q-Rau Milia to display it will be 3 of these things are not like the other.  B))  I'll leave the Reactive Armor as it is.  I'm fine with the blue and setup.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, spanner said:

Looks fantastic! :good:

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Tallman said:

Nice setup. You need larger shelf now, Milia 1J, spartans and defenders are incoming! 

Lol, I know huh? I definitely have space for Milia but not sure about the rest. Will see how it goes. I like rearaging stuff and playing with the figures anyway so I hope I can get at least one of each to fit.

The rest of the case is already taken too:

CollectionShelf_DSC05019_zpshhc7csqu.jpg

Edited by Slave IV

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, spanner said:

re-post of MWF member wmkjr photo!

OMG! I absolutely LOVE that VF-0C!!! :o:wub: of course they are all amazing! :good:

im very jealous of you! I want Zero B & C variants! :D

Thanks. I didn't realize anybody noticed it uploaded. I just uploaded it to my blank album titled Macross Zero. Just got that cabinet so now I have space to display some of my valks.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

^ It's still the wrong shade of blue. :ph34r:

Really? I thought the white was not pink enough. :p

Edit: One thing I learned after losing Photoshop files that I spent hours on is save often!

Edited by wmkjr

13 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Edit: One thing I learned after losing Photoshop files that I spent hours on is save often!

I actually do save often. It's just that the work I'm doing now have lots of effects and smart filters. And I'm recreacting the effects and adjustments that I did earlier. And I really want to go home now. Hahaha! :lol: 

200.webp#34

How I feel after losing the files after all that work.:help:

Edit: I figured out how you were able to see it now. Somehow I ended up putting the display image in the Macross collection section instead of in my albums. 

Edited by wmkjr

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Just having fun sir. Esp when you lost 40 minutes worth of Photoshop work. I have to vent out. :pardon:

So yeah. Still the wrong shade of blue. :lol:

hehe! I know you were good sir! :lol:

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Thanks. I didn't realize anybody noticed it uploaded. I just uploaded it to my blank album titled Macross Zero. Just got that cabinet so now I have space to display some of my valks.

how could anyone not notice! :D

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

200.webp#34

Edit: I figured out how you were able to see it now. Somehow I ended up putting the display image in the Macross collection section instead of in my albums. 

hehe! been there, done that. Many times.. bless you fatal computer errors, bless you!

3 hours ago, wmkjr said:

200.webp#34

Ok. Now I finally see the attached image. :lol:

Basically I'm more 'verbal' than 'physical'. I don't like too much violence. :db:

Hahaha! :lol: 

My humble collection, I hope you enjoy!  Selling some items in the For Sale section for a home purchase.  So I wanted to post while it's still complete, although I will rebuild it in due time.

Collection (12).jpg

Macross Collection (1).jpg

Macross Collection (2).jpg

Macross Collection (4).jpg

Macross Collection (3).jpg

Macross Collection (5).jpg

Macross Collection (6).jpg

Macross Collection (7).jpg

Macross Collection (8).jpg

Macross Collection (9).jpg

Macross Collection (10).jpg

Macross Collection (11).jpg

Macross Collection (12).jpg

Macross Collection (14).jpg

11 minutes ago, ChristopherB said:

My humble collection, I hope you enjoy!  Selling some items in the For Sale section for a home purchase.  So I wanted to post while it's still complete, although I will rebuild it in due time.

so much yes!!! you have a great collection! thanks for showing it to us! :DB)):good:

1 hour ago, asianed said:

My collection at this point is more of a character shrine to the modern songstresses... ^^

IMG_20170406_081304.jpg

Sheryl and Ranka are in Idolmaster outfits at the moment... Sheryl is Miki while Ranka is Yukiho. XD

Nice figures!