Got a new case this weekend well new to me. Cleaned it up and started filling it, I think I over did it and its not even all of them.

post-7418-0-48211600-1461607381_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hal9000

I'd love to walk through a museum of these displays. Imagine row after row of well little valks and dioramas.

Just ask Kicker to give you a tour. I'd say his would be GOAT or pretty close for collection displays.

I'd love to get a display like that hal but shipping would double the cost. Is that a Pulaski?

Edited by wmkjr

Thanks everyone, its a work in progress already have made some small changes. I'll post more pics at some point once I've changed it up more.

So to those who like the case, I got it on a ebay local pick up no one was bidding against me, so I got it for a song. :)

The companies site is http://www.astrodisplay.com/home.html but it offers no information on the case or any info rely. But if your looking for a similar case i have come across this place http://www.displays2go.com/C-29647/Floor-Display-Cases spendy stuff but way bigger than in Ikea standard.

My one gripe with the case is the shelf hight, with them evenly spaced a 48 wont fit in battroid and a fighter wont fit standing up.:( And i dont know if my ocd will allow shelves with different heights.

Got a new case this weekend well new to me. Cleaned it up and started filling it, I think I over did it and its not even all of them.

This is a great display. For me, it's not about having multiples of stuff in there or having them lined up perfectly, but how it's displayed, and this is just absolutely beautiful. Great work on your setup. can't wait to see the updated.

Edited by Jasonc

hehe! not happening! :lol:

so "NO" to visible Valkyrie turbine blades! ;):p

I have always thought they look a lot more sexy with the covers on.. ^_^

I agree, mostly since the supposed layout of the TN reaction engine is supposed to be very similar to the layout of a standard jet engine, the turbine blades wouldn't be that far forward. Since you'd still need to slow the incoming air down to prevent compressor stalls. here's a pic of the F-14 for reference:

F-14A_Tomcat_starboard_engine.JPG

It's great that they try to give us the illusion of the turbine engine face, but it just kind of ruins it for me. Also, I'd probably lose the covers, since I'm bad about that.

I agree, mostly since the supposed layout of the TN reaction engine is supposed to be very similar to the layout of a standard jet engine, the turbine blades wouldn't be that far forward. Since you'd still need to slow the incoming air down to prevent compressor stalls. here's a pic of the F-14 for reference:

It's great that they try to give us the illusion of the turbine engine face, but it just kind of ruins it for me. Also, I'd probably lose the covers, since I'm bad about that.

although I have seen cutaway drawings of the VF-1 which do show a fan forward of the gerwalk joint which kinda puzzles to why its actually there? Having the engines located within the lower legs would make the engine fans difficult or next to impossible to physically see. Also seeing that the VF-1 and later Valkyrie can operate in the vacuum of space makes one wonder why there would be the need for fans at all? Yes having intakes does make Valkyrie's look a little more like conventional engine'd fighter aircraft, not to mention look way cooler but it begs the question as to how these engines actually meant to work in the first place? Its a question I have been confronted with over the years by many Macross haters with never a solid answer to give.. :rolleyes:

it does kinda spoil it for me too also which is why I keep the covers fitted to all my Valkyrie. I think the best way its been done is with the VF-27 having a darker recessed area giving the impression of the intake tract. Yes it could have been made to be a little more recessed seeing its not part of the upper leg joint area as with the VF-25.. The worst way its been done is with the SV-51! those intakes look horrendous! Spoil what typically is a gorgeous thing in fighter mode!

Yes having intakes does make Valkyrie's look a little more like conventional engine'd fighter aircraft, not to mention look way cooler but it begs the question as to how these engines actually meant to work in the first place? Its a question I have been confronted with over the years by many Macross haters with never a solid answer to give.. :rolleyes:

Maybe the intakes and conventional engines were used while the VF-1 was being tested??

I keep them closed too, like them better this way.

It's actually been discussed in depth in a few of the more technical aircraft and valk threads. The gist is that yes, there are two fans on the VF-1 series and the one you see is indeed the first one and it's actually meant to be quite close to the opening. The logic, as far as I'm aware, has never been fully explained in technical terms that everyone can agree on, but as far as I'm aware the best explanation (and the one I'm comfortable with) is that the first fan is needed for gerwalk and sucking air into the ducts when forward speed isn't great. It's also needed as a device for slowing the air down at supersonic speeds, much the same way ramps, cones and spill ducts are used in modern intakes in jet engines.

As for why a fan is needed at all - when in atmosphere, the nuclear reaction heats the incoming air, exactly how burning jet fuel does in conventional engines. So the compressor serves exactly the same purpose, to super heat and speed up the air coming in. It is, in fact, totally necessary in that regard.

Back to the thread - nice pics guys!

Edited by mickyg

Its a question I have been confronted with over the years by many Macross haters with never a solid answer to give.. :rolleyes:

There are macross haters?! Well in the immortal words of taylor swift....Shake it off... Hehe

Aaannd back to ur regular scheduled programming...

1989 on the other thread and Shake it Off in this thread... Man, you're on the roll! :lol:

80s rules! :lol:

:wub: Taylor Swift is a babe and i rather like her music too! Hehe!

;) Pity the rumour she was to play dazzler in xmen movies fizzled out :p

And there's another one. Hahaha! :lol:

Now, I'm not sure if I NEED to admit that I like her and her music too and Katy Perry's ( :wub: ) also. :ph34r:

Welcome to Walkure! :lol: taytay as kumokumo and katy purry as makimaki...ok gonna stop here now!!

Bring on the valks pics valkheads!! B))

Now, I'm not sure if I NEED to admit that I like her and her music too and Katy Perry's ( :wub: ) also. :ph34r:

I didn't catch on to her until her later albums but yeah she's incredibly talented! But I draw the line with Katy Perry.. simply NOT a fan.. at all..

80s rules! :lol:

;) Pity the rumour she was to play dazzler in xmen movies fizzled out :p

yes the 80's rocks! especially the motor racing!

and its a shame we didn't see her in some role or another in the film.. maybe she'll pop up in something else!?

Welcome to Walkure! :lol: taytay as kumokumo and katy purry as makimaki...ok gonna stop here now!!

This is a totally random non sequitur, but every time I see or hear someone call Taylor Swift Taytay I get super confused and disappointed, and then slightly sad. :(

i use this shelf when my valks are in an in between state. and i don't have anywhere proper to put them.

Nice setup. ;) Love the valks at the bottom including the VF-2SS. :)

Is that a Medicom Eva figure?