Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Another beautiful assembly kit build up from Lancelot! This time a green & white Alaska Base guard Valkyrie! Lance has done an absolutely superb job and it really looks the part!

I even got my name as pilot applied to the cockpit area! :D

Here are some pics for everyone to enjoy! B))

20150424_223257.jpg20150424_223435.jpg

20150424_223313.jpg

20150424_223350.jpg

20150424_223420.jpg

20150424_223648.jpg

Now that is freakin cool!!

so much lovely stuff!!! nice display mate! B))

Right back at you. Good looking AB scheme

Ha! Poor VF-11B is stuck babysitting the kiddies. :D

Lol. Yea, didnt want to make the upper shelves look too busy, so the odd one has to care for the hatchlings.

Need to get another detolf and grow my collectíon

Thanks mate! no problem at all.. It is a Yamato 1/60 "no painting ver" :rolleyes: assembly kit! Paint and build.. glue at one's discretion I think..?

7775821756_078d02f70c_z.jpg

Hahaha awesome! Those are kinda hard to come by these days? Wonder if lance glued a lot of stuff on that particular build? Is the posability the same as the regular toys?

Hahaha awesome! Those are kinda hard to come by these days? Wonder if lance glued a lot of stuff on that particular build? Is the posability the same as the regular toys?

Yeah they can be hard to find especially at a decent price but i have seen a few of them out there. Not sure how much of it he glued together.. Will have to ask him. The posability is the same but you have be careful of scratching paint and decals in some spots which rub or have tight tolerances. Other than that is identical!

Yeah they can be hard to find especially at a decent price but i have seen a few of them out there. Not sure how much of it he glued together.. Will have to ask him. The posability is the same but you have be careful of scratching paint and decals in some spots which rub or have tight tolerances. Other than that is identical!

Thanks for the info bro! So that has the same joints as the toys? No wonder they cost a lot!

ok seems to have finished with sdf macross ... were canned only 2vf1j hikaru, and 1 vf1a angel bird ... next step and macross macross plus seven ... when I finish I will update with a complete gallery;)

Can you take more shots of that Max VF-1J undercover version? Where did you get the suit?

most of the kit is snap fitted or screwed into place....only very few places that needed to be glued, 3-4 places as i remember....the hardest part of the kit would have to be putting the pins in.... they are a nightmare to do....

Edited by lancalot

Hey Lance, I wonder if you could have used a teeny weeny bit of grease of Vasoline to help them slide in? after painting was done of course..

yeah i keep that in mind next time ...but it usually an awkward placement that the problem , just don't have proper grip or access to push it in ...that why you always slip off

Edited by lancalot

on my assembly kit, nothing is glued using super glue or cemented. I built it on my worry that I will mess up on one step or another (and I did, a lot of times) so I need the ability to dis-assemble them when it called for it.

But here are the list on the top of my mind that needs to be secured by a stronger glue or cemented.

1. Rotating Wrist part where you attach the arms/manipulators.

2. The rear gray plastic of the gerwalk joint (if you want to straighten the gerwalk joint, it will be hard since it has a tight clearance, I always end up having to push that gray plastic before moving the gerwalk joint)

Then of course, clear parts needs to be glued but I only used the common white glue

somewhat inspired by Lancelot's efforts I decided to have a go at the low vis VF-1J i had been considering.

I did it on a V1 yamato that usually sits in a set of GBP as a saftey net and more as a proof of concept, need to get myself a spare V2 to do it properly, better yet an assembly kit.

post-30426-0-47568100-1430062743_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-16777500-1430062755_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-20016800-1430062800_thumb.jpg

I also decided to panel line my V2 Super Hikaru, really liking how it looks!

post-30426-0-85447600-1430062807_thumb.jpg

post-30426-0-59332600-1430062834_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking,

David

somewhat inspired by Lancelot's efforts I decided to have a go at the low vis VF-1J i had been considering.

I did it on a V1 yamato that usually sits in a set of GBP as a saftey net and more as a proof of concept, need to get myself a spare V2 to do it properly, better yet an assembly kit.

attachicon.gifDSC03309.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC03310.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC03307.JPG

I also decided to panel line my V2 Super Hikaru, really liking how it looks!

attachicon.gifDSC03312.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC03315.JPG

Thanks for looking,

David

The V2 really looks great. What did you use for the panel lines?

Thank you guys, having lots of fun doing them.

@Ryoma, I used a wash from flory models. It is clay based and will come off with water and a cloth unless you seal it. Means that you can clan up any mistakes on your valkyries. I was recommended it by Derex on the VF-25 thread, he did his CF and it looks awesome.

yep its exactly the same thing as the completed toys only not assembled..

most of the kit is snap fitted or screwed into place....only very few places that needed to be glued, 3-4 places as i remember....the hardest part of the kit would have to be putting the pins in.... they are a nightmare to do....

Thanks, guys! You two are turning into quite the dynamic duo down under, eh?! =) keep em coming!

Thank you guys, having lots of fun doing them.

@Ryoma, I used a wash from flory models. It is clay based and will come off with water and a cloth unless you seal it. Means that you can clan up any mistakes on your valkyries. I was recommended it by Derex on the VF-25 thread, he did his CF and it looks awesome.

I've also been using that exclusively on my model build for the past 3 years or so. Great stuff, dead simple to use.

Here is my worry: kicker was intently rearranging his collection when one of his cases fell on him. Where is he!?

I'm ok. Just been really really hectic with work and paperwork, Plus I accidentally folded into another dimension for 20min didn't help. Damn Alus

I just received customized display plates from Coastal Kits, UK and I have to admit, they are really nice addition to the detolfs!

The customization concerned the scale 1:60 down from 1:48 and also the size to fit the detolf shelves.

attachicon.gifIMG_7603b.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7606b.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_7609b.jpg

Was wondering who would be the first to try those out...they look nice...

Now you need to populate them...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41631&p=1187052

The guy at Coastal Kits was very nice about the custom order and the plates come out with a nice quality, it is quiet rigid plastic rubber, but still I could cut the corners with large scissors.

I am thinking of gatherring some High-Res pictures to make the SDFM deck or a Frontier deck. But they already got so much good looking prints already I decided to get a few of these.

Was wondering who would be the first to try those out...they look nice...

Now you need to populate them...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41631&p=1187052

Indeed, I purchased long ago a few figurines but they were unpainted, now I should really consider these, thanks for the link :)