It's been a year since I started collecting Macross toys! Never knew my collection would grow beyond my first purchase which was the Arcadia VF-1S Fokker.

Decided to take a pic of the Class of 2014!

attachicon.gifRCM_5401.JPG

1 year on and you have yourself a fine little collection! Very nice! and im sure you'd agree its been a considerable investment to get this far! B))

Thanks Spanner! Yes it's been quite an investment, considering I originally wanted just one Valkyrie toy.

I learned quickly that wouldn't be enough... ^_^

Wow, that's a pretty awesome collection Abaddon! I love your VF-1 series, especially the Vermillion squadron! Some of those valks are pretty hard to get now. :)

Thanks Brouken! I initially wanted to get all the hero valks, but when I did, I realized I needed their squad mates as well. :p

Thanks Spanner! Yes it's been quite an investment, considering I originally wanted just one Valkyrie toy.

I learned quickly that wouldn't be enough... ^_^

Thanks Brouken! I initially wanted to get all the hero valks, but when I did, I realized I needed their squad mates as well. :p

that sounds very very familiar! XD and then you realize that they need someone to have pew pew fwoosh fights with!

that sounds very very familiar! XD and then you realize that they need someone to have pew pew fwoosh fights with!

Haha! Yeah! When the VF-0D comes, I have the feeling I'll be wanting an SV-51. I'm already considering a VF-27 for my Frontier guys.

I wish there were more toys of enemy mecha.

Haha! Yeah! When the VF-0D comes, I have the feeling I'll be wanting an SV-51. I'm already considering a VF-27 for my Frontier guys.

Good thing McFly's selling his Ivanov now. Grab it while you're waiting for VF-0D. Go go go abbadon! :lol:

i've been wishing for a glaug from arcadia to pit against roy and hikaru! maybe next christmas??? i have a spare renewal vf-27 that i'm thinking of letting go ahehe

Good thing McFly's selling his Ivanov now. Grab it while you're waiting for VF-0D. Go go go abbadon! :lol:

thanks for the plug, no3ljm! XD need to make space for the valks i preordered! =)

ok so this is nothing terribly exciting.. -_-

It was my initial intention of replacing all the standard issue Bandai stands with Flightpose stands but I didn't buy enough to get it done as I used some on my VF-1 Valks too.

And seeing I was a little bored having nothing else constructive I could be doing this afternoon I decided to mess about with my Macross displays a bit and shuffled a few stands around so I could get rid of the last Bandai stand which I was using for Luca. It meant putting Kai back on his landing gear but he still looks good like that so it was a worthy sacrifice I think! ^_^

Luca's VF-25 now looks sooo much better and I feel I've had that burden lifted (Bandai stands) off my shoulders! hehe! :p

So here's a pic! :D

post-21335-0-91667200-1421316251_thumb.jpg

now all I need to do is replace the yucky black base for the Ghost Fighters.. <_<

I went by my parents' house over Xmas, and picked up some (I still need to find a few) Transformers and a couple of Robotech figures from back in the early 80's.

Ended up sticking everything in some some of my Detolf's. My most valuable stuff is still upstairs in my son's room, but I decided to put the other stuff in my game room.

So here's what's downstairs:

yJd7vVq.jpg

9sJcUwn.jpg

wZXsGlx.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

I went by my parents' house over Xmas, and picked up some (I still need to find a few) Transformers and a couple of Robotech figures from back in the early 80's.

Ended up sticking everything in some some of my Detolf's.

Nice stuff! love g1

what happened to Bone Crusher?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's your original stuff when you were a kid!!!?? Such good condition

Yeah, I was pretty amazed. It had been sitting in their basement since 86, it appears. Looking online, it looks like I -- well, my brother and I, but he lives in Brooklyn now (no space) and has no sons (no pretense to grab them) -- had about half the Transformers from 84-86 (none thereafter). That would've corresponded with me turning 12 in 86. So I probably moved on to other stuff before I could beat them all to hell. Some of the stuff was still in the box with the styrofoam, all the instructions, the little red see-through thingy, etc. Hell that jetfire figure (with battle armor -- I didn't apply it to the forearm, since I thought it looked cooler without it)) was essentially mint in box except for the stickers being applied (when I changed it to battroid mode yesterday, I think it was the first time it had ever been transformed -- at least that's how the joints felt), and the Galvatron figure had definitely never had a battery in it.

I had started debating about putting a bunch of them on eBay or something, because some are fetching really good prices (like 30 of them were in their boxes), and then I realized that what even the best ones are selling for on eBay is essentially the same price as my Macross stuff, and I certainly haven't though of selling any of my Macross figures. :D

The jewel was that green Robotech fighter in the top right, though. Unfortunately, it wasn't in the box. It took me 2 hrs to find that thing amongst all our other Star Wars/ GI Joe/ Space 1999/ He-man stuff. There's gotta be something I can do with the other stuff -- my dad says anything I don't grab will go in the trash. Good thing we got a new storage unit! :p Too bad it's a 6 hour trip to their house...

Edited by NOD

I have my Original plex, galvatron, omega supreme, wreckgar, and pointblank. My plex doesn't have the shiny upper legs though.

Those were the only ones that were complete and in good condition for me.

I have my original Red Alpha, though I Frankenstein him with another piece to fix him. But the spirit is the same :D

Basically anything before 84-85 was broken or worn down/missing pieces as I was really young.

I sold some headmasters, and parts/junk bits. Sold all my Joes, He-men, and some other stuff. All told I made about 2k to start my Yamato collection :D

Your collection is beautifully maintained. Your parents must have really taught you to respect your stuff haha.

Ended up sticking everything in some some of my Detolf's. My most valuable stuff is still upstairs in my son's room, but I decided to put the other stuff in my game room.

Wow Nod! That's quite a treasure trove! Looking at your shelf, I feel like I'm in the 80's again! Liking the Jetfire and Sunstreaker as these were my favorite autobot toys (although I couldn't afford to get them as a kid).

Congratulations!

We have now had a chance to settle into our new house and I have set up my detolfs with part of my wife and I's collection (think I need 2 more!)

Display Cabinet

VB-6 shelf
My Pride and joy! My VB-6 SP Version with some VF-100's for scale
(warning VF-100's are TERRIBLE toys! They look cool for their size but damn they are annoying to transform)

20150120 065213

Frontier shelf

Just Luca + ghost and Brera for now. I have the rest of the SMS V1 VF-25 but until I get some fishing line they don' fit properly yet. I may have to do 2 shelfs when I get more detolfs

20150120 065232

Plus shelf
Isamu and Guld
I love the CMS figure of Isumu. "Forget it, In his mind, He's already flying..." - Lucy

Macross Plus shelf

7 shelf
Miria and Gamlin VF-22s. Still yet to get the Max, haven't found one for the right price.
Bought the Miria from Mandarake for 8000yen opened. When I took her out to put on display there was still the factory plastic on her legs when I transformed her, never been transformed and tight as the day it was built. Very happy with that buy!

Macross 7 shelf

M&M shelf
Max and Miria Queadluun-Rau with CMS pilot figures. M&M keychans and Mint V1 Max VF-1J Super Pack in the background

As many here do, I have a bit of an obsession with Max and Miria. It's just such an awesome story and they are such cool characters.
I'll likely end up with en entire detolf dedicated to M&M one day

M&M  shelf

Figures shelf

Our collection of cool Macross figures
Notice the mint Miria collection in the back that I got for 1500yen!

Figures Shelf

SDF shelf
Foker VF-1s and Max and Miria Robotech Masterpiece.
The VF-1s is the first macross toy I ever purchased.
I know the Robotech MPC are not as good as the Yamato stuff, but they are are just so cool as mint display pieces. They will never leave the box anyway.

SDF and Robotech Shelf

Ghibli Shelf
Some of our favorite Ghibli collectables and model kits

20150120 065357

On Top
Iron man, Bahamut, Miku, Alduin and most notably for macross the Ichiban Kuji frontier mecha collection

Other stuff
Some of my other misc collectables

Other misc collectables

EDIT: sorry it appears I have taken some of the shots a bit blurry, I'll replace them with clear ones when get home

Edited by happy_spike

Very cool.

Have you tried to fit the battroid vb-6 into detolf?

I have to yamato vb-6s and the battroid can only stand in my desk.

We have now had a chance to settle into our new house and I have set up my detolfs with part of my wife and I's collection (think I need 2 more!)

VB-6 shelf

My Pride and joy! My VB-6 SP Version with some VF-100's for scale

(warning VF-100's are TERRIBLE toys! They look cool for their size but damn they are annoying to transform)

Frontier shelf

Just Luca + ghost and Brera for now. I have the rest of the SMS V1 VF-25 but until I get some fishing line they don' fit properly yet. I may have to do 2 shelfs when I get more detolfs

Plus shelf

Isamu and Guld

I love the CMS figure of Isumu. "Forget it, In his mind, He's already flying..." - Lucy

7 shelf

Miria and Gamlin VF-22s. Still yet to get the Max, haven't found one for the right price.

Bought the Miria from Mandarake for 8000yen opened. When I took her out to put on display there was still the factory plastic on her legs when I transformed her, never been transformed and tight as the day it was built. Very happy with that buy!

M&M shelf

Max and Miria Queadluun-Rau with CMS pilot figures. M&M keychans and Mint V1 Max VF-1J Super Pack in the background

As many here do, I have a bit of an obsession with Max and Miria. It's just such an awesome story and they are such cool characters.

I'll likely end up with en entire detolf dedicated to M&M one day

Figures shelf

Our collection of cool Macross figures

Notice the mint Miria collection in the back that I got for 1500yen!

SDF shelf

Foker VF-1s and Max and Miria Robotech Masterpiece.

The VF-1s is the first macross toy I ever purchased.

I know the Robotech MPC are not as good as the Yamato stuff, but they are are just so cool as mint display pieces. They will never leave the box anyway.

Ghibli Shelf

Some of our favorite Ghibli collectables and model kits On Top

Iron man, Bahamut, Miku, Alduin and most notably for macross the Ichiban Kuji frontier mecha collection

Other stuff

Some of my other misc collectables

EDIT: sorry it appears I have taken some of the shots a bit blurry, I'll replace them with clear ones when get home

Added some accent lighting to my detolfs.

1ED27AA7-0686-41B4-85FE-18801861AC25_zps

Excellent work Saburo! Maybe you can put the Nendroids and the Yamato girls in the middle shelves, and install some strobe/laser lights to simulate a live concert. :-)

Excellent work Saburo! Maybe you can put the Nendroids and the Yamato girls in the middle shelves, and install some strobe/laser lights to simulate a live concert. :-)

Thanks! I think eventually the Yamato Girls will need to taken out of the case, to make room for the upcoming Valk releases. :(

just a quick update.. finally got some LED lights for my displays and got one test fitted today! this is still a work in progress and will need to clean up some wiring but im pretty happy with how it looks so far!

I might add a small strip to the underside of the 2nd shelf up from the bottom to help light the lower 2 shelves a little better..

so anyways here's a pic!

20150122_181435.jpg

just a quick update.. finally got some LED lights for my displays and got one test fitted today! this is still a work in progress and will need to clean up some wiring but im pretty happy with how it looks so far!

I might add a small strip to the underside of the 2nd shelf up from the bottom to help light the lower 2 shelves a little better..

so anyways here's a pic!

20150122_181435.jpg

Now that is one cool SDF-1 era display!

so anyways here's a pic!

20150122_181435.jpg

PERFECT! Don't add anymore. You can see each individual piece so well . . .