I finally had a chance to hop on to MW. I have been running around getting all the stuff I needed to setup the Detolfs and then heading to Ikea to buy them. It was pretty much a one man operation the whole day. Load, then unload them and building them by myself. Building the first Detolf took me a little longer than expected, but then 2nd one was much faster. I have completed 2 and stopped, I'll build the last 2 tomorrow. This project has worn me out, but it will be worth it once its completed. :D

This is just so friggin awesome!!! B))

Thanks Spanner! :)

Nice fleet, Saburo.

Thank you CY!

Just need to make a kite symbol table cloth and the assault group is ready to go!

That is an awesome Idea, I'll look into that.

That setup looks awesome, feel bad for your transformers, they are packed in the corner.

I am hoping to move them into the Detolfs too, hopefully there will be room, because I only have room for 4 Detolfs.

Thats just so friggen cool!

Thanks Scream Man. :D

Seeing them laid out like that is really cool...but then it makes me realize I have doubles and triples of many of those and none of the space to display them all :mellow:

I know the feeling, I got the display cases to have more room, but looking at it now there may not be enough room... I hope my display plan works.

Awesome fleet. You could have just used the shelf to make a flight deck for all them Frontier goodness. :lol:

If I had a house I would do that. :D

O.O wtf!!!

very nice

Thank you!

This is the money shot right here. And to think Saburo didn't even use his photo booth or any post processing for this! :D

LOL, my photobooth is not big enough. I didn't want to grab my DLSR for the shot since I was moving things around to make room for Detolf boxes and an area to build them.

Hehe! He sure puts the rest of us to shame doesn't he! ;)

Nah, its not about that. Everyone's collection is impressive and they should post more pics. :)

I finally had a chance to hop on to MW. I have been running around getting all the stuff I needed to setup the Detolfs and then heading to Ikea to buy them. It was pretty much a one man operation the whole day. Load, then unload them and building them by myself. Building the first Detolf took me a little longer than expected, but then 2nd one was much faster. I have completed 2 and stopped, I'll build the last 2 tomorrow. This project has worn me out, but it will be worth it once its completed. :D

I hear that! I'm always on my own for buying, transporting and building all my display cabinets as well. It can be an all day exhausting affair! Then you realize you have to transform and arrange all your Valks!

Edited by derex3592

hehe! yeah you're right.. but you still put together some amazing photos of your impressive collection! :)

all I need to do now is learn how to take good photos! and buy me a new camera.. -_-

When you buy a new camera, let me know if you have any questions. :)

I hear that! I'm always on my own for buying, transporting and building all my display cabinets as well. It can be an all day exhausting affair! Then you realize you have to transform and arrange all your Valks!

I just completed building, and setting up the detolfs. I feel very accomplished right now. Next thing is the arranging of Valks. :D I am hoping my YetiStands show up today, so I can setup the Valks.

Benson had a picture of his display a while back lifted up off the floor, it looked tight. Can't find it though.

I remember his photo, sadly my photo will not be as Manly has his.

Setup looks dope Saburo can't wait for your pictures.

Thanks!

Display cases are completed, I just placed some Valks to take the photo. I'll be doing some arranging later, for now its nice to just sit and look at the display.

B18BC328-60E3-43D7-AB3D-570C5A564F98_zps

Guest davidwhangchoi

Display cases are completed, I just placed some Valks to take the photo. I'll be doing some arranging later, for now its nice to just sit and look at the display.

great display!

great display!

Thank you!

That is sweet!

Thank you, I am waiting for your stands to arrive so I can arrange the valks. I am hoping everything fits. :)

Nice! How'd you arrange your lights in those?

I bought the LED strips from Ikea. I ran the wiring along the metal shelf support and down through a hole I drilled through the base. There is enough clearance with the feet so I attached the LED power hub to the bottom of the base and organized all of the cables. Regrettably I didn't take any photos as I was building them. :(

I like how each valk gets its own space, very clean!

Thanks! This only a temporary setup, I'll be stacking Valks once I get my YetiStands.

Thanks for that, and you mounted the light strips in the front of each display "cell" or in the back?

No problem. Yes the strips are mounted in the front. I had thought about mounting them in the back because it might be cleaner (less wire seen), but the front of the figures would not get much light.

71C73055-F7E2-4A96-8C3E-15731D7A15D4_zps

Here is a picture of how I routed the the wires to the outside of the display. The other alternatives are to route the cable out of the top through the exiting hole but then the cables would be seeing dropping down behind the case. The 2nd alternative would be to route the cables out the front of the case between the side and the door.

1101A49A-8253-49F3-A603-715986C61AE5_zps

Great setup! Very clean. Looks like you only have 2 more places left to go :p You're lucky the misses lets your hobby invade such a public part of the house, I've got mine confined to my workroom ONLY.. :(

y'know the display is not complete without displaying each in battroid & gerwalk .... so ..... get 2 more of each! :ph34r::lol:

Hahaha! That would nice to do. ;)

Nice clean display, Saburo! Are they staying in fighter mode?

Fighter mode is my favorite, so a most of them will be in that mode. I have to see how everything fits into the display, I can see now this is going to take some time setting up the Valks in the different modes.

Great work Saburo. Can't wait to see the finished display with your Yeti Stands.

Thanks you Old Man! I can't wait to see them on the YetiStands :)

Very nice setup! Be careful, you are now distracting your guesses!

Thanks!

Great setup! Very clean. Looks like you only have 2 more places left to go :p You're lucky the misses lets your hobby invade such a public part of the house, I've got mine confined to my workroom ONLY.. :(

Thank you! I do want to keep the Yamato Girls in the case too pretty not to display. I'll need need to condense the Valks down, also need to make room for the VF-1S and VF-0 too. This is turning out to be a bit more difficult than I had thought. Well I wouldn't say lucky... at the moment I am single, no girlfriend or Misses or as my friends would say, I don't have a Executive to report to. Although I am looking for applicants for the girlfriend position and if the applicant is right, promotion to Misses. :)

Edited by Saburo