The 1/3000 is very underrated! Love mine to death :)

Agree, although I've been too chicken sh!t to even attempt to transform mine. It's been displayed in cruiser mode since I got it.

:p

everyone would get one at MSRP and if it is readily available, I think most of the people want it back then do not have the funds back then.

I remember when it was released I didn't have the money, I was fortune enough to be able to purchase one off of a fellow member for at, or very, very close to SRP (thank you again!!!!).

-b.

now that's a collection I could happily have!!! wow even at half setup that's so awesome! B))

Thanks man, that things been in the works since I was a kid. Not much of the OG stuff from back then made it though.

-Nghia

Well, This month is my second year collecting macross figures :p:p:p ....so this is what i have so far.

post-21006-0-28765000-1412434140_thumb.jpg

36 macross figures ( yamato, bandai and arcadia)

12 super/ armour/ tornado parts.

P.S: and this is the place where i gona build a custom detolf for my collection :wub::wub::wub: ......i dont like my valk on their box.

post-21006-0-63377400-1412434535_thumb.jpg

hope you like it, and sorry for the crappy pics. B))B))B))

Wow that's quite a collection, I bet you can't wait to see them all displayed.

You may need to reposition that couch for all the staring though ;)

Can't wait to see it :) :) And no need to reposition the couch cause the lower part of the detolf is gonna be used to storage the boxes inside cabinets. The wall is 12,5 feet long and almost 7 high....I can spend 2 of 7 feet on cabinet to storage the boxes. :p

I got 2 sets of lights from Lowes.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_696-24994-HTP904E_1z0y4gq+1z10d2u__?productId=3316942&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar|1%26page%3D2&facetInfo=Integrated%20LED

It's 8 bars that are really easy to install.

I could do with maybe another set on the sides for the middle shelves, but it would be hassle and more wiring to deal with.

They are nice because you can rotate the bars in the little arms, and you can change colors/strobe them.

Nice display Gakken!

I'll hopefully be picking up my detolfs this month. I am trying to figure out how to setup the lighting for them. I would like to ask how do you and other members have their lighting setup? Please post pics. :D

If you are handy with wires and solder, you can also string up flexible LED strips. These can be cut to size and placed creatively in a number of ways. I've seen a few clever Detolf set ups while researching this myself where some owners hide the LEDs to create a nice effect. Here is one link to get you started:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/how-to-display-your-collectibles/33999-lights-detolf-44.html

You can see Gakken's display on that page, and there are other great examples throughout to spark some ideas.

The all-in-one packages are good, but will require wire management too look good in a Detolf display case. The DIY method has more flexibility, but requires a little more planning and know-how. For instance, I've been procrastinating on that step for my DIY lighting and still have a small workshop going. My plan is to angle the LEDs on some material (corner molding, vinyl trim, balsa wood...something) and hide them from the outside while directing the light onto my valkyries/figures. I was going to then run the wires through a cable channel similar to what The Old Man has set up for his display. I liked how that worked.

Anyway, I'll try to remember to snap some pics as I go along. :)

^Very cool. I've been thinking off and on about trying to get some type of lighting solution for my shelves as well but it's been pretty low on the "things to do list".

I'm interested in seeing what everyone here comes up with so I can copy and assimilate some ideas. :p

-b.

Thanks for the love fellows!

Yeah I was a little worried on the 30th where I could snag it with the wire, but it fit nicely around the outside wing edge and gave it a nice tilt.

I usually make the front string longer to droop more so I can see the top of the plan in a down slant, though with my VF-11 I kind of like it more of a flat head-on look.

I usually tie two knots and pull to make sure it's secure. Then replace the shelf. Instantly more space for more! haha.

Saburo - if you go the LED route set that I showed you I'll give you some more tips. I basically picked it because it was the easiest install I could fine, and it seemed to be the brightest. Mounting the lights just take some sticky that is provided, then you push the bracket on, and insert the light tube.

All that you have to do at that point is mount the panel to plug in the tubes to the main control and get the wires out of the way. I elected to only do the top and bottom rows and slant the light up so I didn't have to deal with running wires all the way down and out. I'm lazy :D

But it's pretty damn bright. I love leaving it on and killing all my lights.