So I got my first Detolf yesterday, just about managed to squeeze everything in/on.

*snip some photos*

imagejpg1.jpg

imagejpg2-2.jpg

Hope you like.

Great shots. Didn't know Ikea already re-released the 'white' Detolf. Thought it will be available by Aug/Sept. Anyways, love the VF-1J! So classic and clean looking. ;)

Also, I noticed that you didn't pushed back the arm to release the guns on the forearms. :D

Think I'm going to finally check out some LED lighting strips for my shelves. They really do make the display "pop".

-b.

You thinking of the standard light LED strips or the type that you can change the color? I have seen some displays using the color change LEDs and they can make the display quite dramatic.

You thinking of the standard light LED strips or the type that you can change the color? I have seen some displays using the color change LEDs and they can make the display quite dramatic.

Good question, I was thinking of the standard lighting but if there are some cool color change options then I'll look at those too. Thank you for the suggestion! :D

-b.

Great shots. Didn't know Ikea already re-released the 'white' Detolf. Thought it will be available by Aug/Sept. Anyways, love the VF-1J! So classic and clean looking. ;)

Also, I noticed that you didn't pushed back the arm to release the guns on the forearms. :D

On the 22's? I did but when I raised the arms into that pose by bending at the elbow - it retracts them. ;-)

Finally took some pics of my collection.

I've packed 'em in a bit more than I'd like, but I think it's a nice mix of using the space wisely and keeping it somewhat clean. I like to keep it colorful for sure.

Top shelf is TV with Hik in the forefront. Love the Destroids framing the Elint.

Next one down is for M & M and my Angel bird. I need a Max Vf-1J or maybe slap some supers on my Virgin Road.

3rd shelf is for Low viz and such.

Bottom shelf is some none SDF fighters.

I definitely have a few more pieces that I want, but I'm happy after 1 years. Has it been 1 year already?

It went by fast :D

http://imgur.com/a/CYW3C

Mttx1rn.jpg

XuRlk6m.jpg

Tq9XBmk.jpg

pAyP3Fq.jpg

7XOrYLm.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

I've packed 'em in a bit more than I'd like, but I think it's a nice mix of using the space wisely and keeping it somewhat clean. I like to keep it colorful for sure.

Top shelf is TV with Hik in the forefront. Love the Destroids framing the Elint.

Next one down is for M & M and my Angel bird. I need a Max Vf-1J or maybe slap some supers on my Virgin Road.

I definitely have a few more pieces that I want, but I'm happy after 1 years. Has it been 1 year already?

Mttx1rn.jpg

XuRlk6m.jpg

Tq9XBmk.jpg

pAyP3Fq.jpg

7XOrYLm.jpg

Awesome display! Is that fishing line holding up those hanging Valkyrie? Looks really great!

Mttx1rn.jpg

XuRlk6m.jpg

Tq9XBmk.jpg

pAyP3Fq.jpg

7XOrYLm.jpg

Looking good looking good, my man!

Mttx1rn.jpg

XuRlk6m.jpg

Tq9XBmk.jpg

pAyP3Fq.jpg

7XOrYLm.jpg

Nice collection and congrats on 1 year! :) Would you happen to have pics of the Godzillas? :D

spanner76 - Yes! I got that idea from another Macross world member a few months back. (Sorry, the name slips my mind) I bought some from a outdoor shop for 4 bucks? I just tie it under the bars and push and pull it for angles and such. I want to titlt the 1/48 down a bit to show the top.

It's strong, and light, and gives you a lot of options. The best part is you can barely see it :D

Dapro - Thank you sir :D

Saburo - I've posted some in the Godzilla movie thread in the Sci-fi forum, but I can post some for you :D I have the GMK, 84, and 2003 currently.

Edited by Gakken85

Gakken85 -- I just used the fishing wire Detolf trick on my Macross collection as well! I can't remember who tried it here first, but it's a fantastic idea. Really makes the fighters POP (and saves a ton of space too!)

Need to post a photo...

Yeah, it's like a free stand and gives each cube 1-2 spaces you might not use.

I use the leg "fins" and the little side notches on the nosecone to catch the wire, but you could probably hang them anyway.

The trick is tying the knot, and giving enough space to hang down from the shelf above.

Also test your know before you hang it :D

Edited by Gakken85

spanner76 - Yes! I got that idea from another Macross world member a few months back. (Sorry, the name slips my mind) I bought some from a outdoor shop for 4 bucks? I just tie it under the bars and push and pull it for angles and such. I want to titlt the 1/48 down a bit to show the top.

It's strong, and light, and gives you a lot of options. The best part is you can barely see it :D

Dapro - Thank you sir :D

Saburo - I've posted some in the Godzilla movie thread in the Sci-fi forum, but I can post some for you :D I have the GMK, 84, and 2003 currently.

That would be cool, or just give me the link to your post. :D

Sweet im gonna go get me some line and do something similar! Also gonna get some led lights like Old Mans detolfs cabinets have! pic below..

post-21335-0-03195900-1404629484_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanner76