Got to do my first dust an rearrange with the duel Polaski display cases.

I kept thinking - "This setup is definitely not for the perfectionist."

The black wood, the glass - the mirrors --- any spec of dust is magnified under those lights.

But then I thought that maybe this IS the setup for the perfectionist.

----------------

Like having a black car, the work is doubled but the finished look can be pretty cool . . .

attachicon.gifDisplay_1.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_GBP.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_Regult.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_Dragonar.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_FanRacer.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_Galient.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_WAVEPatlabor.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_Max.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_Falguen.jpg

attachicon.gifDisplay_2.jpg

I just wish I was Kareem-Abdul Jabar so that I could stand in front and reach my hands together inside. Playing a game of posing Jenga while avoiding touching any flesh to any part of the glass is trying at times . . .

Are these those cabinets that only open from the side? Tough!

that was too complicated :wacko: ... i don't understand. but nice fan racer and 1d :wub:

These cases only open from the sides - and are quite wide. So to arrange the content, it would be great to have super long arms to reach inside while you stood in front . . .

Guest davidwhangchoi

These cases only open from the sides - and are quite wide. So to arrange the content, it would be great to have super long arms to reach inside while you stood in front . . .

oh, i thought it was something to do with enter the dragon .

Interesting notes though:

My CF VF-1's tires made dents in the lacquered wood. Not sure how.

At first I saw a mark for each tire and thought that a bit of rubber had melted onto the surface and the tires would be damaged.

NOPE - no damage - and nothing on the surface. Just divots - or mini dents in the wood? Skull-1's tires displayed for the same amount of time had no effect on the surface. Its like alien blood!

Yet it did not burn through the black paint on the wood. How? Little mini dents is the best way I can describe it - with no residue.

post-8486-0-46691300-1399406944_thumb.jpg

Other notes --- in moving all the bots in a short amount of time and contrasting the look and feel of each -- the Yamato Ingram is the most impressive piece in the collection.

It weighs a TON and oozes - I say, OOZES - high end collectable. Shockingly nice.

The Garland on the other hand felt cheap and floppy (looks pretty good tho). Could not wait to get it back in the case lest it disintegrate.

The GBP and WAVE Galient the other most impressive offerings IMO . . .

Edited by DarrinG

The 1/24 Ingram is my favorite too, I think it's Yamato's masterpiece, enjoyable both as a display piece and a toy. I was surprised to discorver it has double jointed elbows, and ratcheted at that. I'd give the second place to the Beagles though :)

Edited by Frogze

Guest davidwhangchoi

The 1/24 Ingram is my favorite too, I think it's Yamato's masterpiece, enjoyable both as a display piece and a toy. I was surprised to discorver it has double jointed elbows, and ratcheted at that. I'd give the second place to the Beagles though :)

i need a beagle

Guest davidwhangchoi

^_^

lol, but the pics of beagles were done already in the mospeada threads, and overdone so the mods cleaned it out. cute dog though :ph34r:

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 3 weeks later...

I wish to join the ranks of organized glass shelf displays one day.

Question: What alternative stands are there for the Valks that people use. I only know of flighpose. *note: mainly asking for 1/60 scale stuff like Bandais DX*

I wish to join the ranks of organized glass shelf displays one day.

Question: What alternative stands are there for the Valks that people use. I only know of flighpose. *note: mainly asking for 1/60 scale stuff like Bandais DX*

As far as stands go I only use those that come with the Bandai DX, FlightPose (or Flexi-Display). I use acrylic risers that can be found on Amazon.com if I need to provide lift or different levels to make room on a shelf.

-b.

Nice!

The amount of purchases don't amaze, I love when people build their collection (of whatever it is they collect), what amazes me is that you haven't run out of space. Even when I lived on my own in a huge 2 bedroom apartment I was challenged with Yamato and Bandai boxes.

Now that I'm back home I have these things taking over two closets and my damn bedroom. :wacko:

-b.

Since I mentioned in the Your Most Recent Macross or Toy Purchase thread that boxes had started to take over my room - here's a pic as of a few minutes ago;

post-357-0-41877700-1401242879_thumb.jpg

From top to bottom;

Yamato VF-4G (opened, currently displayed on my desk)

Arcadia YF-19 (opened, currently displayed on my desk)

Yamato VF-1A DYRL Mass Prod. 30th Ann (display in Detolf)

Yamato VF-1A DYRL Mass Prod. 30th Ann (display in Detolf)

Arcadia YF-19 MIB

Arcadia YF-19 MIB

Arcadia VF-1S Hikaru

Arcadia VF-1S Hikaru

Arcadia VF-1S Roy

Arcadia VF-1S Roy

Yamato VF-4G MIB

Yamato Q-Rau Millia MIB

*edit to add, side - top to bottom

Yamato Super & Strike 30th Ann MIB

Yamato Super & Strike 30th Ann MIB

Yamato VF-1A TV Mass Prod. (display in Detolf)

Yamato VF-1X MIB

Yamato VF-1S MISB (the only box that Yamato decided to tape in this group pic)

All my other Yamato boxes are in larger boxes, with most of my Bandai Frontier boxes (opened and MISB) in a closet or packed away in larger boxes.

This hobby can almost take over your life, or at the very least your living space.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

I don't really display much of my toys. About 95% of the collectibles is tucked away in boxes. Here's about half of what I took out of storage this week to see what duplicates I wanted to let go. Been long overdue to see how much this collection has grown...Ironically, I didn't take a chance to break out the vintage 1/55, 1/48 and 1/60 Valkyrie pieces...

post-765-0-01410900-1401341046_thumb.jpg

post-765-0-83745500-1401341259_thumb.jpg

post-765-0-69224100-1401341373_thumb.jpg

post-765-0-64073400-1401342272_thumb.jpg

:o / :hail:

Honestly I'm surprised that you still have as much as you do V.E, I remember shopping at your site ages ago and how for a lot of us it's how we got our start (or became addicted) to collecting Macross.

And don't listen to EXO, he just wants to buy or run off with all the stuff he's eyeballing in those pictures or that he thinks you still have tucked away in storage.

-b.

:o / :hail:

Honestly I'm surprised that you still have as much as you do V.E, I remember shopping at your site ages ago and how for a lot of us it's how we got our start (or became addicted) to collecting Macross.

And don't listen to EXO, he just wants to buy or run off with all the stuff he's eyeballing in those pictures or that he thinks you still have tucked away in storage.

-b.

LOL...Thanks.

It's been like a 12 step program to let stuff go over the years. I can't bring the toys to my grave...I started off collecting 6 of EVERYTHING and ran out of room....now, I whittled it down to 2 or so.

Kevin

I don't really display much of my toys. About 95% of the collectibles is tucked away in boxes. Here's about half of what I took out of storage this week to see what duplicates I wanted to let go. Been long overdue to see how much this collection has grown...Ironically, I didn't take a chance to break out the vintage 1/55, 1/48 and 1/60 Valkyrie pieces...

VE,

I have paypal standing by and ready, just in case you want to let go of that v2 1/60 VF-1J Hikaru or the 1/72 YF-19 second ed. WOW!!!

I'm going to go on a limb and say you have more Macross in stock than 90% of the stores out there

Impressive haul man! I wish I had a garage to store things in haha.

That's one reason I never hoard and rarely get more than one to display... the way toys are constantly redesigned every few years, you might loose a lot of value in one piece.

I guess it comes from running a comic shop with my folks back in the day. They ordered too much and we had to close it down.

They still have a basement full of comic dead stock that's really hard to sell because people buy TPB's or read online now.

I hate having *stuff* unless I can utilize it in some way. I love selling old shoes, coats, and things I don't need. That hoarding show on tv is the scariest thing in the world to me haha

More room for two boxes :D

My rules for collecting:

1. If you don't love it, don't buy it.

2. If you don't have room to display it, don't buy it.

3. If it's not a good price, don't buy it.

Edited by Gakken85

So... I finally have enough valks and spare funds to justify buying 3 more Ikea detolfs, but they discontinued the beech-colored detolfs......

Anyone wanna trade some beech Detolf Top / bottoms for the Black-Brown Top / Bottoms? -_-

^^I've been checking the Ikea-US website since probably early February.

Bastards haven't once offered the beech effect Detolf at all. :angry:

The wifey wanted a Detolf for her collectible stuff, but she wanted one that matched mine. I originally got the beech Detolf since it matched the color of my desk and the other furniture here in the office/nursery.

Needless to say, Ikea's decision on this still pisses me off.

Edited by Mog