Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Here's my current shelf. Sadly over the past few months I've been selling off my Macross stuff in favor of 1/6 scale figures and TF Masterpieces but it looks like that Ozma YF-29 is begging for a spot on my shelf.

DSCN0898.jpg

Edited by plastik

Here's my current shelf. Sadly over the past few months I've been selling off my Macross stuff in favor of 1/6 scale figures and TF Masterpieces but it looks like that Ozma YF-29 is begging for a spot on my shelf.

DSCN0898.jpg

That display is so damn clean you can eat off it. You have a great eye for arrangement.

plastic your collection looks great but it begs for some custom made cabinets.

For my tastes it is light too dark but I guess that is personal preference.

Sadly Hot Toys stuff does nothing for me. The only thing I kinda like are the Iron Man suits but only if I imagine them as 1/100 versions of some Super Robot. :D

Wow. I love these Cyron Lights. Thanks Skullmilita!

It's really easy to get in there and the amount of light you get is fantastic. It pushes light all the way down to the third shelf. I also love that you can just stick them in and rotate the tube to get max coverage.

Plus the strobe and color change is awesome.

The only thing I would change is add a wireless remote :D

Here is my current set up with the lights off:

K6rkfm5l.jpg

Full size:

http://i.imgur.com/K6rkfm5.jpg

And the green light on my predator. haha

Ey6FJ9Il.jpg

You have three MP-08 in a shelf?

restarted this thread and loving all the display pics. Updated my room just a bit with some reorganizing of some shelves and newer stuff:

142_zps29554f45.jpg

especially my Frontier Shelves:

167_zps0476bf8c.jpg

who needs renewal valks when the v1 DX's look great in fighter mode?! can't say the same for the armored alto though...... but good enough

169_zpsb34ed192.jpg

yes, i do have a VF-4g =]

here's some more pics of each case separately:

1/48 VF-1 collection [the cars are there as a placeholder for my 1/48 Minmay Guard Thunder Hammer which is undergoing improvements]

152_zps0bb85c0f.jpg

1/60 v2 VF-1s, Macross plus valks, Macross Zero valks, and Macross 7 valks (plus my VF-4 since there's no where else to put it...)

153_zps6c22216f.jpg

Macross ships, destroids, Macross Frontier

154_zpsc93abdc3.jpg

Macross figs, Mospeada/Robotech New Generation, chunky monkeys and Q-Raus, Toynami MPC's

155_zps19a8d7b6.jpg

You have three MP-08 in a shelf?

Yeah, I think I posted a picture somewhere else... But it's 08x (robot), Takara first run (dino), and a Hasbro (robot). I probably look it that section the most haha.

My lady friend asked me once, "What if you came home from work and all your toys were destroyed except for one. They all had a fight and there was only one winner. Who would it be?"

I thought a second and asked her, "Is this based on show/movie power levels, or actual toy durability and strength."

She said, "They are only as strong as they exist in the real world."

I thought.. and I said, "Grimlock would win. He's heavy, tough with a good amount of metal and he could take big bites out of everybody else."

Though.. that was before I got my Hot Toys Hulk... but anyway he's my favorite toy. haha.

I threw in another set of four lights in the bottom to add more light down there. I ran all the wires and tidied them up this weekend.

I think I might buy some larger sets and run them on the sides or something.

Edited by Gakken85

Might be somewhat related to the thread :

Was looking around for a display cabinet (used to have a detolf but looking for a smaller alternative for my reduced-size collection) and found this :

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90085702/#/80085707 (white is cheaper, $25)

and the glass doors :

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40104091/ (the most expensive of the three, $35)

and glass bases :

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70104103/#/70110038 ($5 a piece)

They come pretty cheap. Good thing is, ikea Billy bookcase system come in larger sizes (height and width), like the one used here :

http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17577

post-1785-0-28082600-1391882136_thumb.jpg

Edited by aaajin

I'll double that BIlly bookcase. I just bought one last week from Ikea as the detolfs were out of stock. Didn't get the doors though. Was looking to get something cheap.

Got the wider one about 86cm long. Gives you any height you wish to add per shelf. Imo, they're a good alternative to detolfs. You just don't have those glass sides where you can look at your collection from all angles. Front's good enough anyway.

DSCN0898.jpg

hi, what is the stand of 4th floor? the pose is fantastic ;)

I have almost finished moving, they should be almost all the valkyrie ... I have better control of the old house because something is missing for sure;) I will soon better pictures;)

post-14148-0-45922300-1391887538_thumb.jpg

post-14148-0-21476200-1391887542_thumb.jpg

post-14148-0-38395600-1391887547_thumb.jpg

post-14148-0-03322700-1391887550_thumb.jpg

post-14148-0-99437200-1391887552_thumb.jpg

post-14148-0-77424400-1391887599_thumb.jpg

I have almost finished moving, they should be almost all the valkyrie ... I have better control of the old house because something is missing for sure;) I will soon better pictures;)

I think he's using transparent photo frame holder..I believe I saw that somewhere in the threads. Or maybe Im wrong?

So I just bought a house and I'm going to paint the walls. I was curious if anyone had any color recommendations for the wall so it makes the valks stand out.

I'm going with the standard black detolf but elevated so all the shelves are easier to see.

I'm not sure what you mean by 4th floor? For my valks I use flightpose stands and regular 4" acrylic risers. I'll take some close up pics later tonight

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm not sure what you mean by 4th floor? For my valks I use flightpose stands and regular 4" acrylic risers. I'll take some close up pics later tonight

i think he means the top shelf closest to the lights

My noob Mexican collection display. I was one of those "Robotech" kids 28 years ago, right now I'm catching up with the Macross series.

wm7y.jpg

v6iv.jpg

vqg9.jpg

sqf3.jpg

7bfb.jpg

en15.jpg

ajyt.jpg

I need more:

1.- VF 1s.

2.- Proper shelves (detolfs).

3.- Space.

4.- Money.

So I just bought a house and I'm going to paint the walls. I was curious if anyone had any color recommendations for the wall so it makes the valks stand out.

I'm going with the standard black detolf but elevated so all the shelves are easier to see.

BLACK!! and then paint BILLIONS of little white or silver stars ALL OVER the walls AND ceiling!!! :lol::blink:

BLACK!! and then paint BILLIONS of little white or silver stars ALL OVER the walls AND ceiling!!! :lol::blink:

THIS.. Is not a good idea. lol

Without getting all interior designer In here, you can always go with a neutral

Color like Dark tan, or medium brown. It tends to disappear as a background color

To your eyes.

THIS.. Is not a good idea. lol

Without getting all interior designer In here, you can always go with a neutral

Color like Dark tan, or medium brown. It tends to disappear as a background color

To your eyes.

I'm with this logic. Neutral colors tend to wash out behind objects that you want prominently displayed, IE: your valks. Darker colors have their place too, but they tend to overpower display items a bit... unless you have a whole feng-shui thing goin' on. If that's the case, you probably don't need design advice from MW'ers LOL. For what it's worth, my mancave is a light tan and it seems to pull everything together.

Your Flightpose stands will also wash out against a neutral background color if you use any of those - which I think you do.

Edited by Deadeye_281