Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

Should be fine. The kind I used was overkill. This is what I used - Berkley Trilene Big Game Monofilament Custom Spool

I did it the hard way and tied the knots without taking any of the shelves or items off (too lazy to even though it made more work in the end). That required some patience and dexterous fingers.

If you don't want to be dumb like me, I would suggest taking the shelves off to have an easier time ;)

awesome, the other day when i said iwas off to amazon...thats exactly what i bought. lol. got it yesterday, will experiment a tiny bit this weekend. finally going to see a benefit (aside form cost) of having a detolf over one of those more expensive and awesome shelves....tthose metal rods are gonna get used! the only other time i used its is when i tied a small figure's hand to it to make it look like he was hanging from a railing and shooting down at a much bigger figure (revoltech prime vs. tfc hercules if you're curious). oh and yeah i totally am taking the shelves off to do this. tons easier i'd think.

Damn! indeed it is! impressive

is that an F1 Alonso Renault helmet I see? can't really tell.

Big ass collection of everything jvmacross, awesome! :o

it's a greg moore helmet. From the champ car/indy car series

Edited by macsam

The Max VF-1S was only released in 1/60 scale (version 2) by Yamato.

The Max VF-1A was released in 1/48 (DYRL and limited TV) and 1/60 scale (versions 1 (DYRL) and 2 (DYRL and TV)) by Yamato.

The Max VF-1J was released by Takatoku in 1/55 scale, in 1/48 scale and in 1/60 scale (versions 1 and 2) by Yamato.

You should check out Jenius' blog at; http://anymoon.com/blog/ for a LOT of history and details on various toy releases.

-b.

Thanks Brian. I could have sworn I heard something about a 1/72 and lower VF-1S Max. Luckily for us the Valkyries are easily customizable so we can easily make our own. I'm trying to be a Max completist.

The 1/48 Max Valkyrie came today. Wow it looks great. The detailing is amazing.

1003938_10151937789192684_2137460850_n.j

1486628_10151937789237684_1631805906_n.j

And here is my up to date Collection:

1601407_10151937804172684_2063764891_n.j

1485086_10151937804462684_1808133613_n.j

This will be it for awhile. I'm expecting to move in a few months. Hopefully I'll be able to have a display case where I can display them and grow my collection.

So my next purchase will be a detolf shelf and a roll of fishing wire. My Valks will now be set free from their carton/plastic prison.

Good luck finding a detolf, both Ikeas (Alexandra/Tampines) are OOS with no estimated delivery date thanks to their promotion last week. Was hoping to get one myself.

Fantastic display SS! Love that Cabinet.

The giant drill bit is hilarious.

Are those Raus snuggling?

Thank you.

You guys are the first ones to point out that the giga drill is hilarious lol (It's from Gurren Lagann for those who don't know. Pretty awesome over the top mecha anime)

Raus are errmm... firing their arm cannons.. with what limited articulations they have. hahaha

What size (height, width, depth) is that cabinet?

about 2m (H) x 2m (W) x 50cm internal depth

Thanks Brian. I could have sworn I heard something about a 1/72 and lower VF-1S Max. Luckily for us the Valkyries are easily customizable so we can easily make our own. I'm trying to be a Max completist.

The 1/48 Max Valkyrie came today. Wow it looks great. The detailing is amazing.

*snip*

And here is my up to date Collection:

*snip*

This will be it for awhile. I'm expecting to move in a few months. Hopefully I'll be able to have a display case where I can display them and grow my collection.

No problem! I missed listing the Bandai re-issue 1/55 VF-1A Max but it looks like you already have one. I only have (3) Max Valks left in my collection so I'm really hoping that Arcadia re-releases a few of them.

Keep growing your collection, it'd be awesome if you end up with a copy or two of each Max Valk ever released.

-b.

I got my VF-11 c and my Low Viz roy suspended with the fishing wire.

It was a little trickier than I thought to tie the ends and get the right tension and depth.

I took my shelves out for sure, as my hands are too big to thread the needle otherwise.

Had to wind it a few times, then tie a two a few bows.

Really pleased with such a low cost alternative. It really breaks up the display, and adds a lot of detolf space vertically. It's also pretty much the best way to make a Valk look mid-flight.

Thanks again to MJ for the idea :D

Not a great photo but you get the idea.

3CbAXUzl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

No problem! I missed listing the Bandai re-issue 1/55 VF-1A Max but it looks like you already have one. I only have (3) Max Valks left in my collection so I'm really hoping that Arcadia re-releases a few of them.

Keep growing your collection, it'd be awesome if you end up with a copy or two of each Max Valk ever released.

-b.

Thanks Brian. My 1/55 is the Bandai Origin of Valkyrie edition. I wasn't sure if his TV version was released in 55 scale. All I have seen thus far is in the 48 and 60 scale. I'm doing my best to get every Max [and Milia] Valk possible.

I finally repaired the walls from the holes and repainted.

I threw my four cases in their and threw a couple things inside.

Added my new lights and snapped a shot.

Needs lower lights but.. Meh.

aiFob1l.jpg

Now I have to do the other side of the room for my 3A stuff, but can't even start until March.

I need a few more Detolfs. I only have one left that's not in the pics.

aiFob1l.jpg

Now I have to do the other side of the room for my 3A stuff, but can't even start until March.

I need a few more Detolfs. I only have one left that's not in the pi

If you did this already, disregard. I put two dioders in each of my top cubes of my Detolfs, one in the front and one in the back and it illuminates all cubes. I have 5 Detolf's in a row and it lights them all up. I do only have 1 valk per cube though. I like how you displayed literature and not just the Toys.

What lights are you using? I gotta decide what I'm going to do.

They are LED light bars at Lowes. It's a four pack with expansion plugs and a controller.

They can actually be any color, it can also change color with music and crap.

It's kind of fun to watch the valk colors.

I need a few more Detolfs. I only have one left that's not in the pics.

Looks classy! Can't wait to see it filled up!

They are LED light bars at Lowes. It's a four pack with expansion plugs and a controller.

They can actually be any color, it can also change color with music and crap.

It's kind of fun to watch the valk colors.

Gonna check into that. I'm not into the strips with the little running lights that most people use.

Hi all! You guys have such awesome stuff!

I got back into collecting Macross toys around october of last year after a long hiatus. Anyway, I just wanted to share the stuff I've been able to acquire since then: (I know, long way to go for me haha.)

(I don't have a proper display cab yet, but here's how everything looks so far :D)

post-27285-0-62045600-1390533571_thumb.jpg

post-27285-0-96188900-1390533597_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueSkull

Wow. I love these Cyron Lights. Thanks Skullmilita!

It's really easy to get in there and the amount of light you get is fantastic. It pushes light all the way down to the third shelf. I also love that you can just stick them in and rotate the tube to get max coverage.

Plus the strobe and color change is awesome.

The only thing I would change is add a wireless remote :D

Here is my current set up with the lights off:

K6rkfm5l.jpg

Full size:

http://i.imgur.com/K6rkfm5.jpg

And the green light on my predator. haha

Ey6FJ9Il.jpg

Edited by Gakken85