Macross Collection Display Thread

KiriK

EDIT:

Don't know why i didn't look in the Hall of Super Topics for the old "Display Your Collection" thread, but i just found it and thought i'd link it finally:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=18562&hl

Enjoy more collection pics!!

ORIGINAL POST:

I did some searching for a thread dedicated to just showing off entire Macross collections and displays and there were only a few threads with individuals posting only their collection. Or there were collection pics hidden in other threads about display cases or toy pictures. I love to see how people display their toys so here's a new thread where everyone can participate to share their collections.

This is a new dedicated thread for people to show off ONLY pictures of their Macross Collection Displays. You can post pictures of how you display them whether it's in a cabinet, glass displays, book cases, whole rooms, etc.

NO pictures of individual toys since there is already a thread for that. Lets see all our Macross collections in 1 place!

I'll start by showing off a section of my rearranged Macross toys in my custom detolf cabinet displays. I'm still working on rearranging the rest of the room so i'll post those later.

1/48 displays

DSC_0038.jpg

I also recently purchased mini acrylic display signs so i can label my collection for fun. need to make them for the rest of my displays and i'll post them later.

DSC_0040.jpg

This was my old display room circa summer 2009, but i'll post updated pics soon

2009-8-17118.jpg

2009-8-17119.jpg

Dude, that's an awesome display room. I like how you make those little description stands with the Macross logo and fighting kite symbol. BTW, I also like to display my Valks with figures of their respective pilots. Thing is, the only one I've got a really old Roy and Quamzin fig that came with the Arii model kits I bought ages ago.

hehehehehe..

<l~~~~~ giggles like a school girl!!! awesome!!

I know you have a huge collection so take some pics and show off your stuff!!! haha... and don't worry, i've seen crazier collections on this board. I may post other collection pics of other members i saw in other threads.

no Tony has the biggest collection.. i've started to move most of my stuff into storage until we get things finalized with this condo we're trying to get. BTW category in finding a place was the deal that the better half of me will get two to three closets and I get a macross room. HEHEHE so I can't wait..

I also recently purchased mini acrylic display signs so i can label my collection for fun. need to make them for the rest of my displays and i'll post them later.

Where did you buy those acrylic stands for your labels? Are there shorter versions as well?

I did something similar where I label the items in my display and show the respective faction logo for which the toy is affiliated (UNS kite, NUNS logo, Anti-UN cross, SMS logo, Zentradi insignia). I basically folded them with a mountain fold to stand them up and are just about 3/4 inch or so high.

FINALLY finished reorganizing my room. Here's the updated pics so you can compare to the old room pics. Once i finish my display signs, i'll take pics of each display case and post them here.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

Where did you buy those acrylic stands for your labels? Are there shorter versions as well?

I did something similar where I label the items in my display and show the respective faction logo for which the toy is affiliated (UNS kite, NUNS logo, Anti-UN cross, SMS logo, Zentradi insignia). I basically folded them with a mountain fold to stand them up and are just about 3/4 inch or so high.

Got them from a place called FixtureZone web store. They are the smallest ones they have at 1.5"H x 2"W

http://thefixturezone.com/slansig.html

Edited by KiriK

Here's my little (by comparison to KiriK's) lot.

The cabinet is mostly 1/60 Valks (all V1 except the TV Kakazaki), some chunky monkeys, some Toynami and some Revoltech. The reflection from the mirror back makes things look a bit confusing. I've only got 3 1/48's and they are on my bookcases. The Angel is on a Yamato arm & the Max & Millia are on Flightpose stands. I recently got some more of those stands and will probably re-pose those 2 later on.

post-3605-129240608975_thumb.jpg

post-3605-129240613494_thumb.jpg

yup, where was the thread again? I remember seeing some great stuff there.

I couldn't find it searching back to 2008.... if anyone finds the thread, we can merge them, but for now we can continue to show off our updated collections. =].

nice pics everyone! looking at other people's displays always gives me ideas about how to make mine better.

actually, do you have the logos you used for all of these? I think i want to use them as well for my labels. Can't find the anti UN Cross symbol and a good NUNS logo. i'm going to make the rest of my display stands also match the series they come from. I have all the series logos for all of them, but would like to get the faction logos as well. thanks!

Bee, make sure you save a room for Jumbo Shogun SDF-1 LOL!!!

Good collections!

Jumbo Shogun SDF-1? is that something you're making? hehe.... i actually have a space holder already for the yammie 1/3000 SDF-1 =P.... I got the idea of the acrylic signs from you when you brought a bunch to the con this year.

Daisuke, if you ever feel like sharing, you can always post your crazy collection of Macross and TF's!!

Thanks very much! This store seems to have a lot of useful stuff.

yep! i also got a case of their economy acrylic risers which breaks down to $5 a set for a 5", 4", and 3" square stand risers. very handy when displaying different toys.

so i finished making signs for all my toys and used the idea to label the toys by which series they are from plus showing which faction they belong too like MacrossJunkie. Here's the label templates i made:

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

and here's each display completed display case

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

Edited by KiriK

here's the top of my detolfs that i organized for smaller Macross toys

DSC_0011-1.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0009-1.jpg

DSC_0010-1.jpg

and that's it!! my entire Macross collection. Then there's also my TF detolfs and wall shelves too, you can see those in the big room pics. Keep posting up your collections!

Edited by KiriK

there are several things in the back row of the top shelf that I've not seen before and I demand to know more about

Here's a more detailed shelf pic

DSC_0033.jpg

Things you are probably looking at are the 1/6 Sheryl Resin kit in the back which is on HobbyFan and the unfinished 1/6 Nude Minmay and Spacesuit Misa resin kits made by an old member on the boards named Chimera i think. Then there's Ryuji's MoonGuard Minmay which i think most people have seen.