Hanger Diorama

Rogueload

I'm looking to do a hanger diorama with a couple of my 1/60 Yammie valks.  I wanted to see if any body out there has any recommendations on what to use for the hanger?  I was looking at the white catapult hanger from the gundam series, but it looks too small for 1/60.  Let me know what you've used.  

The MSG chain base may work well. I have a bunch on the way that I was hoping to use as a backdrop for my 1/60 and 1/48 scale valks. 

There's also the gc machine nest that is basically a ko of the MSG set; way cheaper with more accessories. 

Chain Bases for Hangars are going to be your best bet at the moment.  However, they seem to be discontinued.  You will need to stack them to accommodate the 1/60 in battroid mode (to some extent in fighter mode too).  There are some KO chain bases out there, but I have not used any so I am not sure if they are any different from the official Chain Base branded stuff.

As for accessories for your diorama.....several members have made 1/60 accessories in the past.  At the moment there doesn't seem to be much of a selection...perhaps on shapeways?  Accessories for your hangar in 1/60 via retail are non-existant....however, there are several available in 1/72 and IMO they scale very well with the Bandai and Yamato/Arcadia 1/60-ish VF's and mechs.

At the moment, it seem Hobby Master has re-released several of their air support accessories.....search here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.A0.H0.Xhobby+Master+HD.TRS2&_nkw=hobby+Master+HD&_sacat=0

Unfortunately, it seems that they have not included the extras that were packaged with earlier releases, such as the tow truck drivers.

If you keep an eye out or do some searching on the web....there is another company called H-How Toys that makes a few nice 1/72 accessories that work well with 1/60 Macross toys.  Another vendor is called Rabbit Club, but I have not seen any in a while.  Most of these seem to be "copies" of the original Hasegawa kits of the same models....and those kits are readily available on ebay and the web....if you have the skills, time and patience...you can have a ton of nice accessories for your hangar.

Here is an old post were you can see some the items from these vendors....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/34339-macross-collection-display-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1190492

Here are some of the items I have mentioned used in my own hangar displays....

gallery_12176_633_667508.jpg

large.20170423_161643.jpg.d62df5aabfe410

gallery_12176_633_1012619.jpg

gallery_12176_633_511798.jpg

gallery_12176_633_18016.jpg

gallery_12176_633_53897.jpg

gallery_12176_633_3101800.jpg

Edited by jvmacross