FedEx Customs Fees

spacemanoeuvres

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before I searched and didn't see anything. I have a large order to ship from hlj and the FedEx rates are appealing; however I started to read that many folks have been randomly charged customs and other fees when shipping via FedEx. 

I'm in the U.S.  What are your experiences using FedEx for large/small orders? Is there a threshold that triggers customs/duties/etc?

Thanks!

On 4/25/2017 at 11:48 AM, no3Ljm said:

No offense to the OP. But they should've pin that TOYS FAQ thread for quick questions like this.

As to answer the question. No custom fees for me too from HLJ using FedEx.

Send a Message to Shawn or Graham with the thread you want to sticky. If it's worth it they'll sticky it. That's what I did for the 2 that's there.I know you posted it in another thread but they might've not seen it so PM would be better.

There were no custom fees from HLJ packages I've received via Fedex.

Edited by wmkjr

12 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Send a Message to Shawn or Graham with the thread you want to sticky. If it's worth it they'll sticky it. That's what I did for the 2 that's there.I know you posted it in another thread but they might've not seen it so PM would be better.

There are no custom fees from HLJ packages I've received via Fedex.

I already posted that link on the Bug Feedback section. I'll try to PM them. Thanks!

I"m in the US and got hit up for a $29 Fed Ex customs fee last year.  They send you the bill after the item is delivered.  Last time I ever used those jackwads.  Must have been with HLJ because I don't think Nippon Yasan uses them.

Edited by glane21

20 minutes ago, glane21 said:

I"m in the US and got hit up for a $29 Fed Ex customs fee last year.  They send you the bill after the item is delivered.  Last time I ever used those jackwads.  Must have been with HLJ because I don't think Nippon Yasan uses them.

There's no custom fee for TOYS in the USA.  if you get hit up with custom fee then that mean the shipper declared wrong .

HLJ declares most of their items as reduce scale model/toys.   If you get a call from fedex asking what's inside.  Tell them it's TOYs, action figure, Transformers, etc.  

This "international shipment release" sounds like it's going to cost me some monies lol

And for some reason it went through Canada, then down to southeast u.s. to get to the northeast u.s.

Anyway, will post an update when I get my hands on it B))

IMG_1967.PNG

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

14 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

This "international shipment release" sounds like it's going to cost me some monies lol

And for some reason it went through Canada, then down to southeast u.s. to get to the northeast u.s.

Anyway, will post an update when I get my hands on it B))

IMG_1967.PNG

On toys you don't pay any import charges in the US.

And no, international shipment release means it went through customs.  Every item you ship internationally does this.  It will ALWAYS go through Memphis before arriving at your destination.  Fed Ex main shipping hub is in Memphis, every item shipped is sorted there and dispatched to your city from there.  I've had Fed Ex packages go through Anchorage, Vancouver, San Francisco.  All of them go to Memphis first and then it turns around and comes back to me in New Mexico.  And I've been slapped with a charge exactly once, recently, because HLJ didn't declare the item correct (Nippon-Yasan used to ship via Fed Ex too and I never had a single issue with charges.)  You call FedEx and tell them HLJ messed up and what the item actually is and they'll drop it.

Edited by Mommar

28 minutes ago, Mommar said:

On toys you don't pay any import charges in the US.

And no, international shipment release means it went through customs.  Every item you ship internationally does this.  It will ALWAYS go through Memphis before arriving at your destination.  Fed Ex main shipping hub is in Memphis, every item shipped is sorted there and dispatched to your city from there.  I've had Fed Ex packages go through Anchorage, Vancouver, San Francisco.  All of them go to Memphis first and then it turns around and comes back to me in New Mexico.  And I've been slapped with a charge exactly once, recently, because HLJ didn't declare the item correct (Nippon-Yasan used to ship via Fed Ex too and I never had a single issue with charges.)  You call FedEx and tell them HLJ messed up and what the item actually is and they'll drop it.

Sweet. Thank you for the info! Will post a follow up either way but it sounds like I have nothing to worry about. 

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Picked up package; no fees or issues B)) 

Posted loot pics in the toy purchase thread. 

don't be surprised when you get a bill from Fedex in the mail. :D

Total this invoice USD $0.00 :p