56 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Sheesh, someone's got a bone to pick with you lot. :lol:

That said, I love going to a movie and being the only one in the theater, so I fully support your decisions!

:lol:

That actually happened to me once: late show on a Monday night.  So-so movie.

I remember the usher coming through in the middle to check on things in the theater, and saying "I bet you feel like a king"!  :rofl:

On topic: personally, I think the 'leaked' movie title is just a red herring.  Like 'Blue Harvest' was for RotJ.

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

That said, I love going to a movie and being the only one in the theater, so I fully support your decisions!

Save a seat for me!

Despite the nay-saying, I'll be going to see it on the big screen too. What's $20 bucks, huh?!

Just now, Thom said:

Save a seat for me!

Despite the nay-saying, I'll be going to see it on the big screen too. What's $20 bucks, huh?!

Enough to buy the dvd and watch it as many times as you want? :p 

I really can't knock the full theater experience, especially with big spectacle movies like Star Wars, but at the same time, nothing has felt right about them to me since the removal of the 20th Century fanfare. 

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Kathleen Kennedy doesn't have an account on here, does she? :p 

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

It is pretty nice... especially for taller chaps like me (~198cm) who constantly worry we're blocking someone's view.

I've kind of cooled on the idea of going to the theater in general.  The uncomfortable seating, plethora of obnoxious advertisements, overpriced concessions, etc. are enough to take me right out of the experience.  Add a bunch of PO'd Star Wars fans into the equation and it starts to feel like torture rather than entertainment.

Lol! I’m hoping for more down votes!

I’ll probably go see it on the big screen as it’s (thank the gods!) the last we’re going to see of the Skywalkers. 

I dodged Solo and , after seeing it on Netflix, felt quite justified.

Never thought I wouldn’t go to a SW movie on the big screen. But, that’s the sad state of affairs in a galaxy far ,far away..

8 hours ago, kajnrig said:

unfortunately the daily down-vote cap isn't nearly large enough for this thread

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Y-WINGS? FRAKIN' Y-WINGS????? And the lead stormtrooper helmet looks very...clone armor-ish. And that new TIE Fighter with the triangular panels.....So they just joined the TIE Interceptor's panels together.

Jar Jar Abhrams really has no imagination does he?

Actually the poster shows the three main rebel fighters, there is an A-wing there too. Also where were those y-wings in the last movie, they would have done a MUCH better job against the dreadnaught.

And anyone else find it odd that C3PO is holding a bowcaster?

24 minutes ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Reveal hidden contents

db1tx5ubvno21.jpg

Hm.  Well, if nothing else, it's a lovely poster.

Spoiler

The only things there that really bug me are Threepio holding Chewbacca's gun and wearing his bandolier, and that Kylo Ren looks like he's about to injure himself holding his lightsaber that way...

9 minutes ago, azrael said:
  Hide contents

Y-WINGS? FRAKIN' Y-WINGS????? And the lead stormtrooper helmet looks very...clone armor-ish. And that new TIE Fighter with the triangular panels.....So they just joined the TIE Interceptor's panels together.

Spoiler

It's not like everything else in the sequel trilogy hasn't already been a refurbished or slightly tweaked version of something from the original trilogy.

The First Order's whole schtick is "We are The Empire 2.0" so it's honestly pretty appropriate for them, and the Resistance is so hard up for resources it wouldn't be surprising if they were forced to start digging Civil War-era fighters out of some mothballed Rebellion arms depot somewhere.  It'd be better than the absolute junkers they were flying for that last battle in The Last Jedi.

9 minutes ago, azrael said:

Jar Jar Abhrams really has no imagination does he?

Could one attribute his ability to come up with things that piss fandoms off to imagination?

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

Rose is conspicuously absent.

This is the opposite of a problem.

The million dollar question being whether she died offscreen between films from her injuries after the execs realized audiences hated the character, or whether they just decided to demote her to extra.

2 hours ago, tekering said:

Rose is conspicuously absent.

Going off the low quality poster I'd guess she is either the terrible looking CGI monster on the left or more likely she is the mysterious masked lady on the far right.

That TLJ A-wing is painted like McQuarrie’s concept A-Wing. I built mine just like that.

B20DCABA-C27D-4D3A-A26E-03B822816A38.thumb.jpeg.e29c7fc5255790a53bb88b6726faa88c.jpeg

961C851E-200C-4D1A-9B2F-832627D89B99.thumb.jpeg.4485baa187250507e184c8e33de94fc8.jpeg

F403EDA4-AC53-450B-8F18-5E512B0FFC39.thumb.jpeg.e5f5c2c4c3d974ebe8359e2f43c036fe.jpeg

Personally I don’t think that poster is legit, but who knows.

Chris

6 minutes ago, azrael said:

That depends greatly on your point of view. :)

Well hello there General Kenobi. ;) 

Just now, derex3592 said:

IF that's the actual poster...ohhhh man....Hopefully NOT. 

Even if it is, it won't be the only one.  Does any big-ticket movie these days have just one poster design?

My prediction is that since JJ Abrams is a total hack, he's going to undo all the good stuff that Rian Johnson did in TLJ.

Spoiler

JJ is going to bring back Snoke which is stupid because Snoke never mattered and JJ obviously had no plan/backstory for him. Because JJ's a hack.

He's also going to make Rey someone's daughter because he has to retread the original trilogy even though the only twist that works is if she really is a nobody.  Because JJ's a hack.

Edited by danth

3 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Hm.  Well, if nothing else, it's a lovely poster.

Hide contents

The only things there that really bug me are Threepio holding Chewbacca's gun and wearing his bandolier, and that Kylo Ren looks like he's about to injure himself holding his lightsaber that way...

Now I remember where I've seen that poster.

0002738d3328ee317227b9421522d5914eca0a7f

And yes, you could probably hurt yourself holding the saber like that when the hilt could cut you.

55 minutes ago, mickyg said:

I'm in agreement. Kylo destroyed his helmet in TLJ. Why would he have it back for this movie?

His Sith LARP group in the background there didn't recognize him without it.

As nice as it is seeing McQuarrie's designs again, they just prove to me that whoever is working on the new movies has a complete lack of any creativity whatsoever.  Prior to TFA, every Star Wars movie was full of original designs that actually had a presence.  Even the prequels made some attempt at reverse derivatives of some of the designs that eventually evolved into ships in the original trilogy, and like them or not, they were generally pretty unique, and served a purpose.

The schlock we've gotten in the last two movies?  All of the slightly passable designs have been direct rehashes of old content, and all of the original designs have been gosh darned ducking fugly pieces of excrement.  Like seriously, WTF did they hire to do their concept art? :rolleyes: 

The idea that they're going to raid the boneyard for more nostalgia fighters just hammers home that they just flat out have no imagination.

Anyhow, I don't really trust that as anything more than a passable photoshop.  Perspectives are wonky, design is pretty bleh all around, and I'm pretty sure that bowcaster was shopped directly over Threepio's arms.  On the other hand, far as Kylo's helmet goes, it does look like the face is broken off... I have no idea what's up with the bottom half though, since it doesn't look like cloth exactly.

Oh yeah, and the yellow alien looks like someone force evolved Dory, and sent her into space.  That clueless look seems incredibly fitting for the franchise as a whole.

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm pretty sure that bowcaster was shopped directly over Threepio's arms.  On the other hand, far as Kylo's helmet goes, it does look like the face is broken off... 

3PO also appears to be hold Rey’s staff. They made him into a walking coat rack. :rolleyes:

As for the mask..., Abhrams is “undoing” Rian’s work.