19 hours ago, Knight26 said:

The look on her face after staring at her RIGHT HAND is pretty telling.  She is a clone, possibly of not one person, but two:  Luke and Anakin, made from their right hands.

So, essentially Rey is Star War's equivalent of Handbanana  from Aqua Teen Hunger Force? O.o

At this point, if you don’t want to be spoiled, you should avoid the ‘Net for the rest of the week. 

Speaking of which...There's a clip that showed up with the Fortnite-skin release.

Spoiler

Wait a frakkin' minute. You ask Finn where to go and he doesn't know. Then says Finn says "Follow Me." Oh for frak's sake. He just said he didn't know. Also, this is a hanger and there's a shootout and the guys in the control booth didn't see the blaster shots?

tenor.gif?itemid=4912552

1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

Should have given him a new mask for this one. That would have been better IMHO. Luke got a new saber for ROTJ, he didn't red crazy glue his broken one from ESB! Come on KYLO! :lol:

Rey's been doing that to Anakins lightsaber this entire Trilogy.

9 hours ago, slaginpit said:

So um this looks like the guy drew all over his mask with a red marker

image.png

Darth Vader always had a subtle Japanese aesthetic to his armor... and this is kind of a nod to that. 

Kylo Ren repaired his broken helmet, kintsukuroi-style.  Rather ironic for a man who was saying, as recently as the last movie, to let the past die and kill it if you have to.  Kylo's gone and pulled a 180 philosophically by repairing his helmet using a method that symbolically respects the history of the object by treating its breakage as an event in its history and not the end of its history.  In short, he's suddenly celebrating the past instead of letting it go and killing it if he has to.

Question: Does this mask contain electronics? A Stormtrooper's helmet contains electronics. Vader's mask has electronics. The Mandolorian's helmet has electronics. Won't Kylo's helmet have electronics in there? Otherwise, how does he see out that bloody thing? Did he replace the electronics in that thing or did he just weld it back together, cuz I'm sure that thing was in pieces last time I saw it.

9 minutes ago, azrael said:

Question: Does this mask contain electronics?

It had a goofy-ass voice changer when it appeared intact in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi... so presumably there's some electronics in there.  

9 minutes ago, azrael said:

Won't Kylo's helmet have electronics in there? Otherwise, how does he see out that bloody thing? Did he replace the electronics in that thing or did he just weld it back together, cuz I'm sure that thing was in pieces last time I saw it.

If he went to the care of repairing the helmet in a way that deliberately drew attention to the repair as an artistic statement (as described in my last post), he probably replaced or at least repaired any electronics in there.  He is Han Solo's kid, so he's probably not bad at fixing things.  Growing up around a rustbucket like the Millennium Falcon probably offered a LOT of opportunity to practice.

5 minutes ago, Seto Kaiba said:

If he went to the care of repairing the helmet in a way that deliberately drew attention to the repair as an artistic statement 

The only artistic statement I can see is someone left the crayons out.  Which actually fits the entire First order motif.

As for why it was repaired when he said to "last the past die".  That was another director...

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Darth Vader always had a subtle Japanese aesthetic to his armor... and this is kind of a nod to that. 

Kylo Ren repaired his broken helmet, kintsukuroi-style.  Rather ironic for a man who was saying, as recently as the last movie, to let the past die and kill it if you have to.  Kylo's gone and pulled a 180 philosophically by repairing his helmet using a method that symbolically respects the history of the object by treating its breakage as an event in its history and not the end of its history.  In short, he's suddenly celebrating the past instead of letting it go and killing it if he has to.

I recall that mentioned in an article back in April....

https://www.inverse.com/article/54877-star-wars-rise-of-skywalker-kylo-ren-helmet-in-episode-9-reference-japanese-art

Yeah, makes no sense for Ren to incorporate it into his "look" based on his whole viewpoint from the last movie...JJ just simply threw it in as something "visually cool"...:db:

58 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

As for why it was repaired when he said to "last the past die".  That was another director...

6 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Yeah, makes no sense for Ren to incorporate it into his "look" based on his whole viewpoint from the last movie...JJ just simply threw it in as something "visually cool"...:db:

More likely as a nod to the course correction he's attempting to make from The Last Jedi's massive f*cking-up of the story back towards his original, f*cked-up story.

We've seen Kylo and Rey destroying some kind of actual goddamn shrine to Darth Vader's melted helmet, so it's safe to assume General Hux has confiscated Kylo Ren's collection of The Cure albums and he's back to pretending he's something that could be mistaken for an aspiring Sith Lord... in bad light... at 200 paces... in a thick London fog... while wearing sunglasses.

2 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

so it's safe to assume General Hux has confiscated Kylo Ren's collection of The Cure albums and he's back to pretending he's something that could be mistaken for an aspiring Sith Lord... 

I believe The Cure albums were specifically mentioned in the last round of leaks! ...

From the little bit that I read it SEEMS like the fans of TLJ don’t like this one so much. Maybe a good thing may not. Examples would be Campea, Collider, and Scott Mendleson (cheerleaders of TLJ) didn’t like it while Kristian Harloff,who ultimately came out as not liking TLJ, said he really liked this one.

Chris

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

So apparently, it was no joke.....new images taken from the film have surfaced and further confirm all the leaks......

3jpyam.jpg

So, in all likelihood, the leaks really were Disney market research and not the worst NDA enforcement job in human history.  Delightful.

Any truth to what Doomcock is shrilling about, about George Lucas supposedly not being allowed to attend the premiere?

So if the leaks and spoilers are true, best way to go is the following:

* Main Story = IV, V, II, III, and VI.

* Canon Side Stories/Additional Content = KOTOR, I, Clone Wars (both microseries and Animated), Rebels, Rogue One, and Mandalorian.

Everything else can be ignored. :p

Edited by Mog