59 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Anyone planning or already started a SW movie marathon before they head out to see TROS?

Yeah, but with The Expanse Season 4 out now, Lost in Space Season 2 out soon, and I still have not watched Disenchanted Season 2 (OK, I may never actually end up watching that last one) the whole idea went down the crapper.

58 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

See, I actually feel like that would be detrimental to the experience.

Unless you actually want to be driven into a blind rage by the lead-in to this movie. :lol: 

Lol. Agreed. We watched them all about 3 months ago. 

55 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

...it's settled...coke and booze it is! :drinks:

I think some poppies would help with the angst..

So I haven't been looking for leaks but my theory, based on that last clip, is that the Emperor is not back in this movie. It's another red herring. It's going to be some other Sith baddy, perhaps a Sith that has been name-dropped in the lore. In the clip the voice changes from Snoke, to Vader, to the Emperor, and my guess is it keeps changing... 

18 minutes ago, jenius said:

So I haven't been looking for leaks but my theory, based on that last clip, is that the Emperor is not back in this movie. It's another red herring. It's going to be some other Sith baddy, perhaps a Sith that has been name-dropped in the lore. In the clip the voice changes from Snoke, to Vader, to the Emperor, and my guess is it keeps changing... 

Nah.

33 minutes ago, jenius said:

Looks like he goes to Korribon, so I think that theory might be right, some ancient sith, like Darth Bane or even Exar Kun.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

See, I actually feel like that would be detrimental to the experience.

Unless you actually want to be driven into a blind rage by the lead-in to this movie. :lol: 

Just watch Phantom Menace to calibrate your standards.

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

Phantom Menace is bad but Attack of the Clones is my favorite whipping boy.  Between Annakin's Sand musings and Padme saying they can't get romantically involved while wearing the hottest black leatherish outfit imaginable (to a private dinner for two) you wonder who was writing that movie.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Interesting thought. But  I don't think JJ's imagination or fandom goes beyond Palpatine and creating a closed loop..

3 hours ago, Knight26 said:

Looks like he goes to Korribon, so I think that theory might be right, some ancient sith, like Darth Bane or even Exar Kun.

One can only hope it's that interesting..

1 hour ago, JB0 said:

Lol. Just skip ahead to the duel of fates;)

If you want to compare lightsaber choreography..

44 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Phantom Menace is bad but Attack of the Clones is my favorite whipping boy.  Between Annakin's Sand musings and Padme saying they can't get romantically involved while wearing the hottest black leatherish outfit imaginable (to a private dinner for two) you wonder who was writing that movie.

A dirty old man:lol:

1 hour ago, Knight26 said:

The look on her face after staring at her RIGHT HAND is pretty telling.  She is a clone, possibly of not one person, but two:  Luke and Anakin, made from their right hands.

Or she just realized she can use force lightning :p

23 minutes ago, Mommar said:

This is a wonderfully bizarre aside.  Porsche designed Star Wars Fighter.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/nargessbanks/2019/12/13/porsche-fantasy-starship/#29bcfed264bd

960x0.jpg?fit=scale

See, where were all these designers when the new movies needed new designs, and all they could come up with were knock-off McQuarrie bootlegs? <_< 

Seriously, this comes off more as them copying all the crazy ship ads developed for Star Citizen now.  Where was this when it mattered?

8 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Where was this when it mattered?

Obviously not working on these films. Instead of getting something new, like that, they literally gave us redux X-wings, A-wings, Y-wings, AND B-wings. WTF?

19 minutes ago, azrael said:

Obviously not working on these films. Instead of getting something new, like that, they literally gave us redux X-wings, A-wings, Y-wings, AND B-wings. WTF?

Realistically in 30 years it would make sense to have something like Block 6 or "Super" A-Wings and B-Wings but they clearly aren't that creative with reusing the X-Wing and Y-Wing.  Plus the modified A-Wings are terrible looking.

16 hours ago, Shadow said:

Skipped Episode VIII and from what I'm seeing, will probably say no to this.

You and me both.  December 20th will be just another day to me as The Disney Wars wraps its derivative  self up...

Edited by myk

And just to get it on record - Attack of the Clones may have cringe worthy dialog but The Last Jedi is the worst Star Wars film of the lot by far.  An ENTIRE film worth of idiots doing idiotic things.  Bad Guys, Good Guys, Whatever Benicio Del Toro's character was supposed to be (actually his character is the only one that made any sense at all).