1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Nah, they're totally setting Rey up to claim the name as her own... that fits perfectly with the Mary Sue development they've given her.

I think it's going to be Anankin. 

I read somewhere that "Return" of the Jedi was referring to him coming back from being a Sith to a Jedi, not the Order coming back.  He's been dead for the last two films, not really gone because there was always some sort of reference to him, and this third movie will be his Rise, his return from the dead.  

If Palps can come back, why not Annie?

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

Kylo lied to her, she's been a Skywalker all along.   She finally flips Kylo back to the light, with the help of Force Ghost Luke, both fight together to defeat the RE-Emperor. The End.

Wake me up if I'm wrong.

It's time to wake up.

4 hours ago, peter said:

I think it's going to be Anankin. 

I read somewhere that "Return" of the Jedi was referring to him coming back from being a Sith to a Jedi, not the Order coming back.  He's been dead for the last two films, not really gone because there was always some sort of reference to him, and this third movie will be his Rise, his return from the dead.  

If Palps can come back, why not Annie?

That would all be a nice way to tie it up, but it's been abundantly clear for a while now that there has never been that much thought put into any part of this trilogy.

As a side note.. apparently a lot of the leaks keep getting further and further reinforced by every new little thing, including the track listing of the soundtrack, and even from the Swedish equivalent of the MPAA, as they published notes on what sort of content the movie contains.

Edited by Chronocidal

4 minutes ago, JB0 said:

I don't understand how Leia's in this one? Is this all footage that was already shot and unused, or a CG zombie?

Before Carie Fisher passed away, they had  apparently shot many (relatively) scenes for episode nine.

I am just waiting for the circle to close here in an awesome display of screw the fandom.  

Imagine in this movie, somewhere, along the way, Rey and Ben hooks up, he knocks her up, and dies confronting Palp, then Rey offs Palp but as a final act of spite, Palp sends Rey back in time to Tatooine to give birth to Anakin. Whammm, immaculate inception, a whole crapload of weird and bizarre and finally an end to the Skywalker line.

and then we get why Anakin was so strong, cause he was unnatural to begin with.  This would certainly make George smile considering he had the brother French the sister.

Then, with the reset complete, Disney waits three years and builds up Star Wars as it should be....  full of fun and loveable characters that can be a part of the house of the Mouse.

Edited by kalvasflam

6 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I read it was a bunch of unused footage from TFA

That's correct.  JJ looked at everything they'd shot with Carrie but hadn't used back in 2015, and wrote new scenes around her dialogue to incorporate the footage into Episode 9.

9 hours ago, kalvasflam said:

Imagine in this movie, somewhere, along the way, Rey and Ben hooks up, he knocks her up, and dies confronting Palp, then Rey offs Palp but as a final act of spite, Palp sends Rey back in time to Tatooine to give birth to Anakin. Whammm, immaculate inception, a whole crapload of weird and bizarre and finally and end to the Skywalker line.

and then we get why Anakin was so strong, cause he was unnatural to begin with.  This would certainly make George smile considering he had the brother French the sister.

Actually, Anakin's mother is BLACK WIDOW

prrC92E.jpg

17 hours ago, jvmacross said:

"Force Ghost" Solo says....

3j2tyl.jpg

I haven't been following star wars closely but I thought the leaks and copious re-shoots were confirmed a long time ago?

Reminds me of GOT season 8, of course GOT writers/producers didn't try to fix anything after the backlash haha

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I haven't been following star wars closely but I thought the leaks and copious re-shoots were confirmed a long time ago?

It's more a case of progressive leaks that get progressively reinforced.  Bits and pieces of story rumors and vague plot points eventually find their way into tv-spots, interviews, and other sources (that Swedish MPAA rating explanation, or the soundtrack listing, for example).

It could all be the most massive misdirection campaign in cinematic history, but keep in mind that the same thing was attempted with Star Trek: Into Darkness.  JJ spent the better part of the marketing campaign swearing up and down that the villain wasn't Khan, and he established himself as one of the most untrustworthy voices in Hollywood.

I'd love nothing more than to discover that this whole mess has actually been a completely successful misdirection campaign to disguise the fact that this will be one of the best Star Wars movies ever released, but given the past two movies, I frankly don't think Disney is even remotely capable of that.  Doing so would require a literal real-world deus ex machina, somehow alchemically transforming the collective waste of the world's dairy industries into a solid diamond Death Star.

29 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Seeing it sometime in January after the kids are back in school.  I hate crowds.  But I might not have to wait that long.

Ditto.

I've lost the will to face crowds and watch any movie over 90 minutes.  Especially one that I'm not excited for. Not sure if I'll avoid watching spoiler reviews through.

Yeah, definitely planning to avoid the Christmas rush and depending on how bad bad is when the reviews drop I'll either wait until mid-January or February or I'll wait until it lands with an audible splat on streaming services midway through 2020 like I did for Solo: a Star Wars Story.