18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm actually more under the impression that they're fully aware of what they made.. but just like Mark Hamill, they're under agreements not to say anything bad about it.

That's definitely the impression I got... though didn't TPTB at Disney have to snap Mark Hamill back after he briefly expressed his real thoughts about The Last Jedi?

18 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

They all seem to be jumping ship and leaving the franchise behind after this.

Best of luck to them... but normally a starring role in Star Wars is a "marked for life" kind of thing.  You never escape it.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope it ends better for them than it did for poor Jake Lloyd.

18 hours ago, Bolt said:

I mean , it's not like any of them have been asked to reprise their roles anytime soon.

Let's be honest... who would want them to?  Their characters suck.

1 hour ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Best of luck to them... but normally a starring role in Star Wars is a "marked for life" kind of thing.  You never escape it.

Let's just cross our fingers and hope it ends better for them than it did for poor Jake Lloyd.

Or Hayden Christiansen.  Jake Loyd was a really really bad actor - it wasn't just Lucas's bad direction either.  He was terrible in Jingle All the Way too.  That said he was just a kid so with time he might have gotten better like Jennifer Conally.  She was barely able to act in Labyrinth but truly deserved the oscar she got for A brilliant Mind.

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Or Hayden Christiansen.  Jake Loyd was a really really bad actor - it wasn't just Lucas's bad direction either.  He was terrible in Jingle All the Way too.  That said he was just a kid so with time he might have gotten better like Jennifer Conally.  She was barely able to act in Labyrinth but truly deserved the oscar she got for A brilliant Mind.

What about

6790943911_d85915c00e_b.jpg

Edited by peter

4 hours ago, Dynaman said:

Jake Loyd was a really really bad actor - it wasn't just Lucas's bad direction either.  He was terrible in Jingle All the Way too.

The real tragedy is watching "The Beginning" (the feature-length documentary which chronicles the making of The Phantom Menace in great detail) and seeing a much better child actor make it to the final audition round... only to be passed over in favor of Lloyd because he was less "consistent."  :unsure:

Still, I find Lloyd's performance to be much more palatable than Hayden Christensen's.  :vava:

13 hours ago, tekering said:

The real tragedy is watching "The Beginning" (the feature-length documentary which chronicles the making of The Phantom Menace in great detail) and seeing a much better child actor make it to the final audition round... only to be passed over in favor of Lloyd because he was less "consistent."  :unsure:

Still, I find Lloyd's performance to be much more palatable than Hayden Christensen's.  :vava:

I remember that too. There was another slightly older kid that was leaps and bounds better. I even remember when Lucas and the producers were talking, it seemed like the McCallum and another person were surprised to find out the other kid wasn’t who Lucas was talking about when they were talking about the obvious choice. That’s the problem with being surrounded by “yes” men.

I’m not going to pretend that Lucas was the greatest the way so many are NOW. I remember most where so happy when Lucasfilm was sold and he was no longer in control. Yes, some weren’t happy about Disney getting it, but just about everyone was glad George was no longer in control. NOW after TLJ, people suddenly say “poor George.” :rolleyes: Funny how we forget.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

I’m not going to pretend that Lucas was the greatest the way so many are NOW. I remember most where so happy when Lucasfilm was sold and he was no longer in control. Yes, some weren’t happy about Disney getting it, but just about everyone was glad George was no longer in control. NOW after TLJ, people suddenly say “poor George.” :rolleyes: Funny how we forget.

I think Lucas was a victim of his own success. He started believing the hype about "George Lucas made Star Wars all on his own with no help from anyone", and... he needed some help. So "Poor George, no one was around to show him how bad Phantom Menace was"

3 hours ago, Dobber said:

I remember that too. There was another slightly older kid that was leaps and bounds better. I even remember when Lucas and the producers were talking, it seemed like the McCallum and another person were surprised to find out the other kid wasn’t who Lucas was talking about when they were talking about the obvious choice. That’s the problem with being surrounded by “yes” men.

Chris

I blamed Rick McCallum for being a spine-less yes man ever since 1999.  I've always said the problem with George Lucas is he needs somebody to tell him "no" and to rewrite his dialog/direct for him.  He's great at basic plot synopsis and world building but terrible at actually executing a story.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I blamed Rick McCallum for being a spine-less yes man ever since 1999.  I've always said the problem with George Lucas is he needs somebody to tell him "no" and to rewrite his dialog/direct for him.  He's great at basic plot synopsis and world building but terrible at actually executing a story.

Yup, I completely agree. 

I totally hate TLJ and am completely disappointed with the squandered potential of the sequel trilogy....but I’m not going to suddenly act like George was doing everything so right the way most seem to be. I remember how things were and won’t jump on the “revisionist bandwagon” the way the internet seems to be. Just because Disney is screwing up doesn’t mean Lucas was doing much well either.

Chris

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Yup, I completely agree. 

I totally hate TLJ and am completely disappointed with the squandered potential of the sequel trilogy....but I’m not going to suddenly act like George was doing everything so right the way most seem to be. I remember how things were and won’t jump on the “revisionist bandwagon” the way the internet seems to be. Just because Disney is screwing up doesn’t mean Lucas was doing much well either.

Chris

The question is if George had somebody around to tell him no would he have fired them or listened?  We know Disney doesn't care.

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

If anything, the fact that George Lucas was able to succeed with the prequel trilogy despite f*cking it up pretty hard was probably what convinced Disney that Star Wars fans would buy any damn thing they bothered to slap the Star Wars name on regardless of quality.

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

...you have a better idea on how to bring about peace to the galaxy???  :rolleyes: 

Killing Yuenglings instead of Younglings sounds like a good place to start?

5 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The question is if George had somebody around to tell him no would he have fired them or listened?  We know Disney doesn't care.

Considering that what George has revealed about his own plans for a sequel trilogy are, if anything, worse than anything Disney came up with... I think it's pretty safe to say he'd likely ignore or dismiss anyone who told him he was f*cking up.  Anyone out there wanna put up their hand and say Osmosis Jones would've been better with midichlorians?

Personally, I'd still take a coherent story with terrible casting and direction over whatever you can call the current trainwreck.

Not saying Lucas's stories would have been good.  But they would have at least been written with a singular progression in mind, and actually connected the basic dots.

Edited by Chronocidal

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Personally, I'd still take a coherent story with terrible casting and direction over whatever you can call the current trainwreck.

Not saying Lucas's stories would have been good.  But they would have at least been written with a singular progression in mind, and actually connected the basic dots.

I think that is what we were all saying. No one was saying George Lucas was a visionary and master storyteller. Just that he was making the movies he wanted to make, and Disney Wars isn't what anyone wanted to make.

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

I wonder if the Skywalker the title is referring to is Kylo. At least he's Leia's son

Nah, they're totally setting Rey up to claim the name as her own... that fits perfectly with the Mary Sue development they've given her.

2 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Are you speculating or have you read the leaks?

A little from Column A, a little from Column B.

I haven't seen the latest leaks, but I have to admit I'd have agreed with the theory that Rey intends to either adopt the name Skywalker or turn it into a title for her new Jedi order because she hero-worships the original trilogy cast regardless of any leaks.  Her whole character arc is about looking for her identity.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Star Wars can shampoo my crotch. 

The whole series has basically done a swan dive into the abyss. All they are doing is bringing in the same old tired tropes and hyperbolic  to the point of sheer nonsense. Its now become a parody onto itself.

Heck the cutscenes from the old republic game were far better and how many years ago was that. 

Even the mando series is starting to become a yawner. I see so many tuber star wannabe whiners defending ep 4 and 5. Wanna see what a female MMA can do to a MMA male fighter. Just watch the Fallon Fox fight.  And now I have to suspend disbelieve that some Human former trooper is not crushing her knuckles on beskar armor SIGH :blink: 

Star wars the rise of the snotwalker will sorry can only end in failure because the base that it used to build its denouement is so utterly void of sense and reason that one can only apply it to the overall qualities of a women in an argument. 

Edited by slaginpit